BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > 2021 M2 Competition Catless downpipe No CEL??]

02-03-2024, 09:41 PM   #1
M2CMea
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

2021 M2 Competition Catless downpipe No CEL??]

Hello so i have have had my m2 for a couple months ago, and have learned quite a lot about my car and this cars engine as well !!

It has the s55 and i just was curious to a couple of things, first i went catless and its been months and i still havent gotten a check engine light, 2 things to note, it couldnt be a tune, and the DME was made well after the production date where they made it uncrackable to my understanding where you cant tune the car with MHD, BM3.

also i know it cant be tuned because i ended up wasting 600 bucks on MHD just to figure out i cant tune the car because its locked, and my year of the DME still isnt able to get unlocked.

Please share your thoughts because im confused, and although i have learned a lot, im a bit confused by the catless downpipe and how it hasnt been popped up a CEL yet, the unfortunate noise it makes at 2k rpms after i also had gotten my AA equal length non RES mid pipe, and yes i know its pretty much inevitable and hasnt had a solid solution, except for going with catted DPs to cover up that stupid noise, and then also why this year of the s55 still cant be soon.

Maybe i will spark up some convorsation and some new results will pop up !!

Last edited by M2CMea; 02-03-2024 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Didnt finish
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 01:18 PM   #2
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

I can unlock your DME easily for MHD tuning.

It eventually will pop the cat efficiency codes. You may already have the codes but it'll take several check routines to trigger the CEL.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16539.00