BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Lease/Finance pricing

01-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Lease/Finance pricing

Hey guys,

I'm currently talking to Fremont BMW about trying to lease a M2Comp.

Now the guy keeps giving me numbers that just dont add up when i do the math myself. And i'm using number that he is sending me on official forms.

Now i personally believe that i can lease a M2 Competition based on the numbers ive received for roughly 950$ a month with 3500$ down. Including Taxes and Fees.

He's giving me a lease payment of 1130$ per month with 3500$ down. Thats a 200$ difference in monthly payments and i cant get anywhere near that number with the numbers he is supplying me.

Just to center myself, would some of you guys be willing to share with me the final sale price of the car you are leasing/financing and the monthly payments you are making with how much cash you put down at signing?

I want to make sure i'm not making an unrealistic demand when attempting to negotiate with him. Any help would be fantastic thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #2
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Basically the response is going to be that the leasing rates suck for this car. Buy it or don't buy is the consensus.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
failuretothrive
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW Fremont jerked me around for a while as well. They like to waste time. If the numbers don't add up I would walk. They guaranteed me that no dealership in the bay area can do less than MSRP. I found one the next day.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW HS M2C DCT

I purchased my car at Peter Pan up here in Norcal bc at the time they were the only dealer with inventory w/o markups. Those rates he's quoting you look similar to what he showed me, I was curious what a lease would be. This was last March when I purchase the car, there were ZERO incentives from BMW USA. I paid sticker but got like $500 credit to the parts dept. I came into the deal knowing I was going to purchase based on others feedback around lease rates. I also barely drive (5k miles per year), plan on keeping this one for a long time, was tired of the lease hassle and taking any mods off at time of return.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #5
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Interesting. I've always been told that leasing is the best option for higher end German cars as it allows you to enjoy the fun without needing to deal with the pain of maintenance.

Especially considering i got a fantastic lease deal on my 230i i kind of expected the same sort of treatment.

I ended up walking away from Fremont BMW. It just seemed way too shady. They managed to find me a M2 Comp in exactly the spec i wanted for 59060$. However after asking for a lease quote, the monthly was literally 30$ cheaper than the quote for the 64k M2 Comp they had on the lot. After i called him out on it and even showed on paper the math that i was doing myself. He kept claiming that, "thats the price, take it or leave it". So shady. How is a car that is 5000$ more expensive, only have a lease payment thats 30$ more.

Now as far as purchasing goes. Have any of you guys used the BMW purchasing deal? The one where you have a super low monthly payment and then you pay off the residual at the end? Basically its sounds like potentially financing the car over close to 10 years if you cant afford to pay the big chunk at the end.

I might just end up purchasing at a later date then and save the money i can dor a bigger down payment.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 12:19 AM   #6
sharpmoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NA

not great, i did better, there are some manufacturer’s offers out now. try another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 09:33 PM   #7
SkyeC
Too many cars, not enough time
Rep
Drives: 17 m240i

No incentives on M2, meh money factor, and the residual SUCKS.

Buy in cash or get a loan, don't bother leasing.

You can lease an M4, hell, almost an M4CS for cheaper than an M2...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #8
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeC View Post
No incentives on M2, meh money factor, and the residual SUCKS.

Buy in cash or get a loan, don't bother leasing.

You can lease an M4, hell, almost an M4CS for cheaper than an M2...
Yeah i unfortunetly learned this. However because of this i negotiated a decent price on a BSM M2C MT which i'm waiting for as its coming from another dealership out of state. I will be purchasing it and hopefully picking it up this friday!
Appreciate 1