BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > BMWCCA ///M Chapter Drive — Santa Cruz Mtns.

09-16-2023, 04:43 PM   #1
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
BMWCCA ///M Chapter Drive — Santa Cruz Mtns.

I’m looking forward to the BMWCCA ///M Chapter club drive through the Santa Cruz Mtns. coming up in October. Should be epic!

Anyone here planning on going? If so, I’ll see you there. Would be great to see some other M2 owners along for the ride!

Details:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...bmw-cca-066879
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 11:34 PM   #2
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just in case it motivates anyone to sign up for BMWCCA membership or make it out for the October club drive, I’ll share a fun “small world” story.

I had my Subaru Forester in at the dealership service department today for a warranty repair. On the afternoon shuttle ride to the dealership to pick up the Forester, I was chatting with the driver. He mentioned all the shuttle driving he does around town can get kinda boring; but put him out on a twisty road and he can go without stopping.

A good twisty road is one of my happy places too. So I offered up that I’d just been on a drive with a local car club down in the hills east of San Jose. He turned to me and exclaimed, “Yeah, me too! I just went on a drive down there with the local Bimmer club chapter!”

Turns out we’d been on the same BMWCCA drive together! We chatted a little more and quickly recognized each other’s BMW’s from the drive. He’d been in an E46 330Ci with a super-lovely carbon-fibre hood and I was in my M2.

What a great small-world moment! We chatted Bimmers and cars the whole rest of the way to the Subaru dealership. Such fun!

I’m grateful I’ve had some of these BMWCCA experiences and for the folks I’m meeting among the way!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 09:49 PM   #3
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Cool

This BMWCCA ///M Chapter club drive is tomorrow morning! It looks like an excellent route. And ending up at Alice's Restaurant for lunch is perfect. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'll see some fellow forum members there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 12:45 AM   #4
fhr_6189
Private
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Dang! I missed out on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 10:32 AM   #5
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
It was an excellent morning! We crisscrossed the mountains from bay to coast along redwood-studded highways and small one-lane switchbacks. The temperature soared and dipped as we crested ridges and plummeted again back into deep forest. And it was a warm day in CA, which meant the coastal portion of the drive was spectacular with windows down and sunroof open.

A good friend of mine brought along his soft-top M8, which was great fun to follow in my M2. In all, there was a lovely assortment of E-, F-, and G-chassis BMWs along for the ride. A Porsche, AMG Mercedes, and Honda S2000 even joined the fun.

I think this was the last club drive of the season until next spring. I’m already looking forward to the next one!

Credit to my friend for the photos below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1