BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > TC Kline TCKR Double Adjustable Coilover Kit - initial impressions

03-25-2024, 06:34 PM   #1
goforwand
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp, 2020 BMW X5

TC Kline TCKR Double Adjustable Coilover Kit - initial impressions

I recently picked up a used (honestly, virtually new) TC Kline TCKR Double Adjustable Coilover Kit here on the forums from member SebsM2 (great gut to deal with!)

This particular kit came with RS 700#/FS 400# spring rates on top of being DA’s which was exactly what I was looking for as the car will see “fun” non-competitive track time so I didn’t need anything over the top.

https://www.tcklineracing.com/webdoc...etails1162.cfm

I made the decision to make the trek to TC’s shop in Hilliard, OH from here just NE of Nashville as part of a work trip (along with stops at Bardstown, Willet, Buffalo Trace, Boone County and a few other distilleries 😊!) to have the kit installed by TC Kline himself so I knew everything was done 100% correctly.

TC is a great guy and a wealth of knowledge…his shop is filled to the rim with great cars, his Team’s WRL race car, customer race cars, his project cars…all have a great story! He even has a wall of motorcycles LOL!
Install came out prefect; ride height; alignment; initial street settings; etc.. We went for a ride on probably one of the worst roads I’ve been on in a while and I could not believe how much more compliant the suspension is over stock…great job of absorbing not only smaller bumps but big ole’ filled in potholes and the like…very impressed

So 375 miles back home to test these out and I could not be happier…car is planted, stable at speed, and significantly more composed vs. the stock suspension. Trade off’s? none so far…I have zero NVH from the front DA’s and for me personally, even if develops to a minor degree, it’s a non-issue. I’ll probably bump up the initial street settings to be a bit more aggressive just to try them out…

I was asking TC about the M-car lineage in general and he told me he thought the M2 Competition was the best M car that BMW has made to date…I asked him why he chose Koni vs. all the other manufacturers to work with and he said he tried them all and Koni has worked best for him with BMW.

Great guy and well worth the time spent to get to Hilliard!

Can't wait to get these on track in April; will update then!
Appreciate 4
chris7197334.00
CSBM52721.00
Bruuuce341.50
      03-26-2024, 04:22 AM   #2
Chris N
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2c

Yep, totally agree with OP. TC suspension and setup worked wonders for my 128 and now my M2c. Perfect suspension for a dual duty car.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
      03-27-2024, 11:04 AM   #3
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

TCKR SA or DA is one of the best twin tube coilover kits for ride quality and performance. Some will choose to go with 300 and 600 for the most compliant ride possible, but if you like to canyon carve and track 400 and 700 is the way to go.

Our shop E90 had many podium finishes using TCKR DA with custom valving using 600 and 1000 springs(we had huge aero) back in the Redline Time Attack days.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2024, 12:29 PM   #4
rogeroger
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235i, 2002

I’ve got the SA front/DA rear kit with the 300/600 springs, using the TC recommended street settings. The ride quality over oem is night and day!
Appreciate 1
CSBM52721.00
      03-27-2024, 09:50 PM   #5
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

I enjoyed mine and agree they’re a great option. Purchased used they’re of great value. At their new price point they’re much closer to a MCS/Nitron which makes this a tougher decision, and one where I definitely lean towards buy once cry once.

Last edited by ThreeStripes; 03-27-2024 at 10:11 PM..
Appreciate 1