BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

07-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #67
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
My car was built in the recall window but I just found from my CA that I'm good to go for my PCD on Thursday. Not sure if it's a valid data point but I have a DCT...good luck everyone!!
Congrats on your car! See you at the Performance Center tomorrow!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 05:24 AM   #68
Gato Grande
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
That is very strange, how can they lose the plates? If lost why cant they just slap on another set of plates? Seems like a minor issue, not sure.
Trust me, I tried. We went round and round for hours. It was a Friday delivery, so they couldn't get anything done. I had the registration papers, just not the plates.

I am working this through BMW NA, and I expect some reparations. Initial emails show that they are willing to work with me... I am negotiating now.
Try this member CADK I think he's a CA in Maryland. In previous posts he's been very informative and helpful.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 08:21 AM   #69
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
My car was built in the recall window but I just found from my CA that I'm good to go for my PCD on Thursday. Not sure if it's a valid data point but I have a DCT...good luck everyone!!
Congrats on your car! See you at the Performance Center tomorrow!
Can't frickin' wait - see you there!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:28 AM   #70
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

So why is there no fix implemented yet? Aren't they still building 2017 M3, M4, M2's? Are the differentials in those cars fixed? Affected? We need more answers.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 08:36 AM   #71
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura
So why is there no fix implemented yet? Aren't they still building 2017 M3, M4, M2's? Are the differentials in those cars fixed? Affected? We need more answers.
Exactly. Why aren't they pulling those diffs for our affected cars??????
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #72
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

I will get back to everyone as soon as possible! I'm at work now, but unable to send PM's.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 09:29 AM   #73
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

I just heard from my CA and apparently I am not affected by this issue. I have an F80 that was built in this window (completed production on 6/24). I have DCT and ZCP. Not sure if this helps anyone else, but I have been through enough with a failed ED, I am glad not to pile this on my list of current challenges. Not sure why I am in the clear though, or what conditions mean that your VIN falls into this bulletin.
      07-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #74
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Does anyone know if this is just US? Does it include Australia?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #75
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Does anyone know if this is just US? Does it include Australia?
Definitely not just US....afaik this affects cars globally.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #76
chrisjguzman
Apex Junky
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB F80 ,04 Vw turbo R32,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsF1
I just called Genius and they said the vehicles impacted had not yet been identified. I also did ED and already have the car.
There is a list of vins already came out Saturday
Any way to see this list?
I'm happy mine is not affected
Attached Images

2001 YZF R1
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #77
murmur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 SO M3, 17 X5M, 18 M550

Can someone post that list,, I called genius and they can't tell me any thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #78
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjguzman View Post
Can you scroll to the right on that image?
      07-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #79
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

oh man, that sucks so bad for ED folks.

I'd be so p'od if they offered me something other then my car. If they offered me an equivalent car I'd have very mixed emotions, on one hand its not my car I get to experience the trip with, (which is a huge part of the whole trip), on the other if it was the same as what I was going to get, I would feel zero regret driving it ex termly hard.

I'd still expect something for the car switch, but that wouldnt have been the worst thing in the world.

Now if they would have moved me from an m235 to something completely different, I think my top would blow.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #80
WilliamsF1
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjguzman View Post
Thanks for posting. I missed it by one number.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #81
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
OK an update from my CA...
I was presented with 3 options and frankly I am not happy with any of them...

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.
      07-20-2016, 10:52 AM   #82
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
I was reading the thread and was resisting responding to few posts.
And, this is likely easy for me to say since I'm not affected, but what exactly would you expect them to do to make you happy ?

Clearly there's an issue, unfortunate, yeah, it'd be better it didn't, but these things happen. They are doing absolutely everything in their power to make sure they minimize the impact on people and address the issue.

What else can they possibly do ?

If it's me, I'd go with "option #1" and not ruin my vacation, file this under "unfortunate circumstances" that sometimes just happen in life, move on and have a great time in loaner car.

Good luck resolving it all.
Appreciate 6
      07-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #83
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:

1.) Go take ED as planned, get to see my car, and the whole delivery experience and BMW will provide a car for me to use while on my trip. I will not be allowed to drive out with it. They will reimburse a monthly payment for my trouble.

2.) Cancel trip altogether and BMW will cover all cancellation costs as long as I provide receipts. Car will be delivered as soon as possible, with differential replaced, to my home dealer.

3.) Postpone the trip to a later date and BMW will cover all change fee costs. As you all know there is no ETA on when this affected car repairs will be completed.
Seems like very reasonable options, what are you expecting them to do?

Personally I'd pick option 1. As a two-time ED veteran, the trip will still be a blast, and you can have the wear and tear on their car not yours. And it sounds like you'll get to take plenty of pics with your actual car.
Appreciate 3
      07-20-2016, 10:59 AM   #84
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
I was reading the thread and was resisting responding to few posts.
And, this is likely easy for me to say since I'm not affected, but what exactly would you expect them to do to make you happy ?

Clearly there's an issue, unfortunate, yeah, it'd be better it didn't, but these things happen. They are doing absolutely everything in their power to make sure they minimize the impact on people and address the issue.

What else can they possibly do ?
How about deliver my car on the scheduled delivery date so I can drive in on the Nordschleife and Spa as planned and not some loaner 7-series?
Easy to have an outside perspective if you're not directly affected. You have your car. You were not inconvenienced.
We won't agree on this I am sure.
      07-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #85
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
How about deliver my car on the scheduled delivery date so I can drive in on the Nordschleife and Spa as planned and not some loaner 7-series?
Easy to have an outside perspective if you're not directly affected. You have your car. You were not inconvenienced.
I think you're right, we won't.

And I get it, do not get me wrong, you paid, you expect them to deliver, it's your right as a consumer. But like I said, unfortunately these (and many, oh so many worst) things happen in life. Sucks to be one of you right now, I'm not denying that.

What I'm saying is, you know, lemon... lemonade type of thing, it's still European vacation, it's still BMW, it's still all those things and financial compensation, and who knows, maybe even same/similar car. .

Or you can be a man of principle, and punish them altogether by walking away from a new purchase and moving to another brand, if that's an option. If you are really that horribly upset.

Again, all the best, hope it all somehow works out.
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 11:16 AM   #86
Ex-MINI
BMW Newb
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2 DCT

Quote:

I would be totally livid as I'm sure you are, but it looks like option 1 is the best alternative. Sucks you don't get to drive your car, but you'll still get most of the ED experience with some compensation back your way.

For what its worth, this is affecting me as well but not to the same degree as you. I'm impacted as my car is at my dealer who cannot release to me, nor do they have any ETA. As of now I'm totally without a vehicle as I've already sold my previous car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 11:24 AM   #87
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Quote:
I know it sucks, but i would do option #1 and just make sure they confirm for you that your loaner will be exactly like the car you ordered. Then you can track their car and not put the wear on yours. That's the best way to make the best out of a bad situation. You can either approach it with anger or as an adventure in life. Your choice. Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #88
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
?

Yes, we know you're inconvenienced/pissed/etc. Anyone would be.

The point is, what do you want them to do given the fact that your car won't be ready in time? You've yet to answer this question.

"Have my car ready" is not an answer (unless you're asking a child ).

Demanding something happen which is an impossibility is hardly you being rational, hence the reaction to your post.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 3