BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

03-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #2399
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
Wow-

I don't get why BMW can't code the car for me. Has anyone asked the dealer to make changes like folding your mirrors when locking the car?
Honestly i'd say the best thing to do would be to ask your dealership on their views on an app like Bimmercode/Bimmerlink.

As i stated above, a lot of users have had no issues with warranty work for something like coding out the ASD or making your mirrors fold in when you want it to.

Doing some more research on my end, using something like Bimmercode (as long as you're not using expert mode), you're accessing features that are already present, and so it shouldnt affect your warranty.

My dealer, specifically told me to use Bimmercode to make custom changes since they said it was a proven and safe method. This is based on an email i sent them yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #2400
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Coding is not the same as tuning. When you code something it's a feature that's already built into the car, but is either enabled, disabled (depending on region) or the setting is not ideal to your preference. It's not the same as flashing a tune and overwriting factory maps etc.

I've had my bimmers coded for years and taken it into service for years with custom coding never having an issue. They don't even check for something like your mirrors fold on door lock, they don't care. What they do care about are error codes which come from aftermarket tunes.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      03-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #2401
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Short Answer is no, it doesn't void your warranty.

With coding a BMW, you're basically activating features which are built into the car already, but de-activated for various reasons (some are market related, some cost related, etc).

So I don't see any reason why BMW should void warranty, as long as you don't screw up anything to your changes.

The dealers are also pretty reasonable, most of the times. My BMW was coded for added features and I've never mentioned it to the service centre and yet never had an issue with warranty coverage and I've had numerous intricate repairs done.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 12:02 AM   #2402
Zerp
ex-Porsche Guy
Rep
Drives: BMW 218d

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Thanks for the info everyone.
Looking forward to getting my god damn folding mirror options like it should have had from the factory and getting rid of that god forsaken speaker engine noise.
‘Should have been’ is subjective. From what an engineer at BMW said, the problem is with wet mirrors freezing in old weather. Here in Japan, cars in Hokkaido might do well not not retract the mirrors at times. And BMW never knows where a car might end up.

I would agree that it should be in iDrive though.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 08:09 AM   #2403
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Looking forward to getting my god damn folding mirror options like it should have had from the factory and getting rid of that god forsaken speaker engine noise.
Don't feel bad, it's a job. In every job you can expect to be insulted and belittled, no matter what. Just do your job well.

So anyway, I haven't done my genius appointment yet, and having owned BMWs for 19 years, what would I learn? I kinda know all the features, menu options, RTFM etc. Is there any value to this appointment for me? Did anyone learn anything new? I spoke to my genius by phone as he called about an appointment and I could barely understand him so haven't bothered to go and teach him a few things. but if I'll learn something I may.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 08:29 AM   #2404
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
Don't feel bad, it's a job. In every job you can expect to be insulted and belittled, no matter what. Just do your job well.

So anyway, I haven't done my genius appointment yet, and having owned BMWs for 19 years, what would I learn? I kinda know all the features, menu options, RTFM etc. Is there any value to this appointment for me? Did anyone learn anything new? I spoke to my genius by phone as he called about an appointment and I could barely understand him so haven't bothered to go and teach him a few things. but if I'll learn something I may.
It was my first DCT so I figured the appointment would be helpful but it wasn't. I learned how to put the car in park on YouTube after the genius didn't mention anything. The explanation for M buttons was cool though because I had no idea about those.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #2405
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
Hi All,

Great to see this thread is still very active and now sticky!

Now I need help. I want to activate Enhanced Bluetooth on my 2017 (NBTevo) M2 running Idrive 6 lite. Anyone got a definitive list of expert mode coding I need to do this?

Final goal is to enable Car Play.

Thanks in advance. And before anyone posts it; yes, I have searched extensively and cannot find a definitive answer!

TIA,

DBZ.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #2406
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
Hi All,

Great to see this thread is still very active and now sticky!

Now I need help. I want to activate Enhanced Bluetooth on my 2017 (NBTevo) M2 running Idrive 6 lite. Anyone got a definitive list of expert mode coding I need to do this?

Final goal is to enable Car Play.

Thanks in advance. And before anyone posts it; yes, I have searched extensively and cannot find a definitive answer!

TIA,

DBZ.
There was a thread with a bunch of coding parameters to change to get enhanced Bluetooth:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1414327

But it doesn't work right, I tried this before and it doesn't run properly. The only to way to get this to work seamlessly is to FA code with esys. Otherwise you'll see weird error codes when scanning the car with ISTA, or have some features not work, or in my case not having it work at all.
      03-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #2407
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Funny they use CD's, they're like the 8-tracks of today.

You can blame the Owner's Manual for most of the confusion. It's translated from German and then rewritten to just barely make sense in English. Plenty of times that I have to reread something to understand wth it means. Not only is it over 300+ pages long, but there's a separate manual for iDrive! No wonder why everyone's so confused and irritated. Can you imagine being retired and trying to figure out a 7-series?
My Mom is 70, and even she laughs at using CDs.
My dad is 82 and only plays music in flac lmao
Tag17920.50
msdss497.50
bri10425755.50
      03-11-2020, 08:26 PM   #2408
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post

Love everything about this. Give him a fist bump from bimmerpost.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #2409
wavyyyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Garage List
2023 bmw m3 6mt  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haagm58 View Post
The easy entry and exit is really helpful, here's a video walkthrough of how to code it using BimmerCode:
You did this yourself?
Appreciate 1
haagm58809.50
      03-12-2020, 02:20 PM   #2410
haagm58
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328d Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0butt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by haagm58 View Post
The easy entry and exit is really helpful, here's a video walkthrough of how to code it using BimmerCode:
You did this yourself?
I did, probably ~18 months ago and it's worked well. There are some times it randomly won't work, but it's rare.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 11:45 PM   #2411
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Sorry to resurrect this thread but, I just got my car back from the dealer and the asd is reprogrammed in but shows "no code data" in the bimmercode asd section.. its grey has no backups and has no options within the parameter. What's the deal?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #2412
Fahidm2comp
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but, I just got my car back from the dealer and the asd is reprogrammed in but shows "no code data" in the bimmercode asd section.. its grey has no backups and has no options within the parameter. What's the deal?
I had mine back from the dealer after amplifier change because mine blew.. they also had to update the DME and since then I had that done, the OBD2 vgate dongle thing I used give me the same error code when doing ASD. A friend of mine said that it was the dongle for the new DME that was no longer recommended on the website for bimmercode (even though it worked fine for coding ASD back in 2019 before the DME was updated) so I suggest you buy another dongle that is on the recommended list and all feautures will be activated.. my friend tried this and it worked fine for him.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 12:21 AM   #2413
raywhey
Rep
Drives: M2

Having trouble finding ‘disable idrive disclaimer’, where is it under in bimmercode? Doesn’t show under headunit.
Appreciate 1
brainf18260.00
      04-07-2020, 05:57 PM   #2414
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
your dad is a gentleman and a true scholar imo

no, but seriously, for cars or even home applications where you don't really have end-to-end high quality electronics and speakers, it is not necessary and perhaps a waste.

but in a system like mine, that's all i listen to: high rez, lossless FLAC, at 192khz/24bit

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:06 PM   #2415
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywhey View Post
Having trouble finding ‘disable idrive disclaimer’, where is it under in bimmercode? Doesn’t show under headunit.
Its under the headunit ecu, the scroll down to the warnings sub menu, then warnings at start up, select not active. Hope this helps.
brainf18260.00
      04-08-2020, 11:10 AM   #2416
Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Hi guys, looking for help.

Ater 2 years my Vgate became unreliable and is not anymore officially recommended by the BimmerCode developer. I went to his page and chose to buy the new UniCarScan. It is very small and neat, also the price was right 49Eur.

Now the problem is, when trying to bluetooth pair it with my phone (iPhone 11pro) a message pops up: "the device you are trying to pair is not supported" wth.. never seen that before. Restarting the phone does not help neither.

Anyone experienced similar problem? Any workaround besides buying something else?
Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #2417
Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thevesh View Post
Hi guys, looking for help.

Ater 2 years my Vgate became unreliable and is not anymore officially recommended by the BimmerCode developer. I went to his page and chose to buy the new UniCarScan. It is very small and neat, also the price was right 49Eur.

Now the problem is, when trying to bluetooth pair it with my phone (iPhone 11pro) a message pops up: "the device you are trying to pair is not supported" wth.. never seen that before. Restarting the phone does not help neither.

Anyone experienced similar problem? Any workaround besides buying something else?
Thanks..
Answering my own question.

1. you do not system bluetooth pair the UniCarScan! (so strange)
2. not in supplied manual, taken from the webpage of bmdiag.net:

"The"UniCarScan iOS" connection is only for iOS powered device from Apple - iPhone and iPad and is not supported by Android apps. To use the adapter with Apple devices, no coupling is required under Settings and is not possible. Open directly the settings of the Car Scanner or BimmerCode App and select "UniCarScan iOS" Adapter.

3. just go to BimmeCode select the device and it "magically works" without pairing.. Tested, works well

Hope this will help some confused people like myself
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 11:58 PM   #2418
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

110 pages in-- I just don't have that kind of time with in my life:

Let's start out simple: I got the app and a recommended OBD plug.

Where would you start with a 2020 M2C w/ Exec Package?

What are the "essential"/recommended BimmerCode's?

I'll be installing an ASD delete cable, so I don't need to worry about that one.

TIA--

R.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2020, 05:00 AM   #2419
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
110 pages in-- I just don't have that kind of time with in my life:

Let's start out simple: I got the app and a recommended OBD plug.

Where would you start with a 2020 M2C w/ Exec Package?

What are the "essential"/recommended BimmerCode's?

I'll be installing an ASD delete cable, so I don't need to worry about that one.

TIA--

R.
Coding is pretty much as per F20 2 series, lots of cheat sheets online.

Just a few for me:

reduce mirror auto fold to 0.5secs button hold
turn off stop /start
turn off 6MT gear shift prompt
continue window roll down when door opens
ASD on / off (but I prefer it on, sounds much better)
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6617.50
      04-22-2020, 10:37 AM   #2420
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
New to "coding" a BMW, but figured it shouldn't be that different from Jailbreaking an iPhone.

Long story short: need a recommendation for a connector for bimmercode to use with my Pixel 4 and m2c. Tried all my K+DCAN cables (that I know work because the car was tuned with them), no dice. Tried the VEEPEAK bluetooth recommendation from bimmercode and was not able to connect via bluetooth. Not sure if it's a Pixel thing. Does anyone have a confirmed android solution that should work? Read through the last 10 pages and searched the thread at the top but didn't find recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0