BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > October Allocation

07-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
OSA_BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 in waiting

October Allocation

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Finally found a dealer that had an open allocation spot and would give me a fair price on an M2 (MSRP)

First on the October list, so pretty much guaranteed. Already took my specs down but I can still change up things until then. No deposit until build starts. Anyone else potentially have something in the works around then?

I didn't really care if it was MY2018 or not, especially because the wait is long and I'm anxious as hell. I truly couldn't believe what I was getting quoted from other dealers and the attitude they had about it.

LBB
6MT
Executive
Apple car play

Still debating chrome vs black, and getting rid of apple play. Been hearing mixed things, does really make any difference?

Also ran across this guy
https://www.carmax.com/car/14805953

I'd be tempted if 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
M3PGH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

I have same build different color MG
build dates have been moving ahead by a lot
mine was September first week build, but according to genius hotline it started build this past Monday.
make sure you are solid on your choices in case your build date moves to an earlier date
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #3
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA_BMW View Post
I didn't really care if it was MY2018 or not, especially because the wait is long and I'm anxious as hell. I truly couldn't believe what I was getting quoted from other dealers and the attitude they had about it.

LBB
6MT
Executive
Apple car play

Still debating chrome vs black, and getting rid of apple play. Been hearing mixed things, does really make any difference?

Also ran across this guy

I'd be tempted if 6MT
Well if you'd be tempted by that one in Fresno that's almost right, maybe you'd be interested in this ...

Your build exactly, brand new, MY2017, available today (in theory). I'm not associated with them - just noticed it earlier today while browsing around - no idea if it's still there.

https://www.crevierbmw.com/detail-20...-16618561.html

A VIN decode seems to indicate it's exactly your config.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #4
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PGH View Post
make sure you are solid on your choices in case your build date moves to an earlier date
Excellent point - my car jumped ahead so fast that there was no opportunity to make a change even if I'd wanted to. BTW, the BMW Genius has been inaccurate the whole way - sometimes off by 2 weeks or more.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 06:29 PM   #5
OSA_BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Excellent point - my car jumped ahead so fast that there was no opportunity to make a change even if I'd wanted to. BTW, the BMW Genius has been inaccurate the whole way - sometimes off by 2 weeks or more.
Interesting...had no idea it may come faster than I think. I will get my affairs in order. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 06:30 PM   #6
OSA_BMW
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjclyde View Post
Well if you'd be tempted by that one in Fresno that's almost right, maybe you'd be interested in this ...

Your build exactly, brand new, MY2017, available today (in theory). I'm not associated with them - just noticed it earlier today while browsing around - no idea if it's still there.

https://www.crevierbmw.com/detail-20...-16618561.html

A VIN decode seems to indicate it's exactly your config.
It is enticing, figured I should just for LCI at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #7
jjclyde
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
It is enticing, figured I should just for LCI at this point.
That's what I'm doing. Same exact build as yours - week 33.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:52 AM   #8
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Skip Carplay, you can add it yourself later through the ConnectedDrive screen if you change your mind. IMHO it's not worth it unless you are absolutely enthralled with using Apple's stuff and only Apple's stuff for entertainment. (It plays well with Apple music, but not so great with everything else. Can't use Waze or Google Maps. Etc etc...)

And as far as kidney grilles and that sort of stuff, add it later yourself or take it to the dealer to have them do it... then you have the old parts you can sell off to someone who has lost their originals or whatnot.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 1
doug_9992541.50
      07-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #9
eddie_yvp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 (MG)

Quote:
Finally found a dealer that had an open allocation spot and would give me a fair price on an M2 (MSRP)

First on the October list, so pretty much guaranteed. Already took my specs down but I can still change up things until then. No deposit until build starts. Anyone else potentially have something in the works around then?

LBB
6MT
Executive
Apple car play

Also ran across this guy

I'd be tempted if 6MT
New to this ordering thing - sorry if this is a dumb question but do dealers already have October allocations or are you first on the list for the next allocation expected in October?

My dealer said they had two allocations for this quarter that were already spoken for but I would be first on the list for their next allocation - which they said should be in October/November. So not sure if that means I'm in good shape or if I could be waiting a long time.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #10
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Allocations go out quarterly.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
chambolle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 coupe; 2017 M2

No doubt only tangentially on topic, but query why the M2 remains tightly allocated and apparently subject to dealer premium markups.

BMW has said all along 'not a limited production.' Doesn't sound that way. Does anyone have an idea how many M2s in the 2016 and 2017 model year have been produced for the U.S. thus far? I've looked for this info and come up empty.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2017, 06:01 PM   #12
AndyinHou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2023 M2 BG O.T.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post
No doubt only tangentially on topic, but query why the M2 remains tightly allocated and apparently subject to dealer premium markups.

BMW has said all along 'not a limited production.' Doesn't sound that way. Does anyone have an idea how many M2s in the 2016 and 2017 model year have been produced for the U.S. thus far? I've looked for this info and come up empty.
From memory (there was a post about it), just under 3,000 pre-LCI's were made for the US market.

And whilst it's not a limited production run, they're not flooding the market (or at least they weren't pre-LCI), so availability is still scarce and sought after.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #13
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambolle View Post

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1404565