BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > I finally got my car!

02-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #23
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

congrats!! BSM looks amazing but man cleaning that sucker...

I’d be curious on any strategies you employ, owning a black car myself feels daunting every time i look at it(my lexus nx)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:00 AM   #24
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetsnazos View Post
congrats!! BSM looks amazing but man cleaning that sucker...

I’d be curious on any strategies you employ, owning a black car myself feels daunting every time i look at it(my lexus nx)
It was a sacrifice i was to make. The car looks just so damn good in BSM that i had to.

As far as my cleaning regiment i'm pretty OCD about it. I use AMMONYC products personally as i just really like how everything feels.

I generally try to wash my cars once a month. Apply his AMMO Hydrate, and then the AMMO Protect Shell.

After that once every 6 months i apply GTechniqe Liquid Crystal Ceramic coat for the hydrophobic properties. Its a long process but my cars end up looking great and maintaining that sheen. I'll be doing my first car wash this weekend for this car.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 11:59 AM   #25
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Welcome to our cult....I mean "club". It is shocking how fast even a M break-in restricted M2C feels. Like getting a lap dance from your supermodel wife on the way to the bedroom.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #26
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Welcome to our cult....I mean "club". It is shocking how fast even a M break-in restricted M2C feels. Like getting a lap dance from your supermodel wife on the way to the bedroom.
Haha i'm happy to join this cult. I'm itching to break past 5000. I want to do it so badly but i know i shouldnt. I can tell there is so much more the car can offer me. I have yet to go WOT yet and i cant wait till i do.

It sucks that Autocross with the BMWCCA in CA have been cancelled till further notice. I was really looking forward to autocrossing this car.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:19 PM   #27
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Black with Blue Stitching and Carbon Fiber trim. I do wish it was Wet Carbon Fiber, but it like it SOOOOO much more than the Piano Black that was in my 230i.
I love the dry carbon fiber, i'm glad it isn't glazed.

It's just way more fun to touch than a smooth surface, especially around the door pull. When you go to shut the door, the back side of your hand (read: the clean part) brushes up against the soft alcantara, while your thumb gets to feel the textural treat of that dry carbon. The rest of your hand yanks on plain old, easy-to-clean plastic.

Don't disrespect the techno-basket interior, it's all about that dry carbon fiber!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:23 PM   #28
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post

It's just way more fun to touch than a smooth surface, especially around the door pull. When you go to shut the door, the back side of your hand (read: the clean part) brushes up against the soft alcantara, while your thumb gets to feel the textural treat of that dry carbon. The rest of your hand yanks on plain old, easy-to-clean plastic.

Don't disrespect the techno-basket interior, it's all about that dry carbon fiber!
It has grown on me too. The dry CF has its issues (the uneven weave, or lifting of the weave in places), but it does look nice and feels good. Plus less risk of scratching the shiny smooth surface on the glazed version
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #29
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Haha i'm happy to join this cult. I'm itching to break past 5000. I want to do it so badly but i know i shouldnt. I can tell there is so much more the car can offer me. I have yet to go WOT yet and i cant wait till i do.

It sucks that Autocross with the BMWCCA in CA have been cancelled till further notice. I was really looking forward to autocrossing this car.
5-7k is insane on this car, and I havent gone past 7 at all because there are no safe conditions to do this even in 3rd gear. And WOT? forget about it. No conditions exist for that, besides the track. There is an airport that opens up the air strip to cars every year, so I'm going to look into this.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:17 PM   #30
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post

Well geez when you describe it like that...i guess i do kinda like the dry CF
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #31
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
5-7k is insane on this car, and I havent gone past 7 at all because there are no safe conditions to do this even in 3rd gear. And WOT? forget about it. No conditions exist for that, besides the track. There is an airport that opens up the air strip to cars every year, so I'm going to look into this.
Luckily i have some super deserted backroads that are just a long straight before you hit the hills (non-residential, no turn offs, just straight road into a bunch of hills for like 3 miles) about 30 min away from me so i plan on going there to see what this car feel liks foot to the floor. Honestly though i might not even get that far. Even half throttle this car is just insane.
Appreciate 0