BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Preemptive preventative maintainece

01-31-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 AW DCT

So I have a 2018 LCI, full stock other then cosmetics mods, that has 12k total miles right now. I do plan to keep the car for at least 6-7 yr and I understand for bmw cars preventive medicine is best medicine as IRL. What would you guys say are things I should do aside from MFR schedule maintenance? My next oil change is up in another 2k miles, I know one thing you should try to change oil 5-7.5k miles. mine is gonna be 10k as per MFR at around 14k total miles. Will change that soon since it's almost 10k. I will switch from then to just 5k mile oil change. Aside from that I read charge pipe is another but other than that most thing don't need change until 40-50k mike right?

Here is a list I complied from reading online and YouTub, tell me if this is correct.
- water pump failure usually 30-70k mileage
- oil leak ( valve gasket, oil panel), I have no idea what and where these are
- vanos solenoid - higher mileage cars usually
- spark plugs and coils, really anytime?
- HFPF, higher mileage usually
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Add the coolant hose as well to be changed before 40-50k. They become very brittle and can burst on their own or when touched. Very common on the 2addicts forum
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

You have yet to do enough mileage (and the car is too new) for any of that list to be a problem.

But, noting that something about the US driving environment appears to do drastic things to even fully synthetic engine oil, you may with to get it and the filter changed every 12 months / 10k miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #4
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Spark plugs get done at your final oil change service before the maintenance plan expires.

Appreciate 0