BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > M2Comp UK Model | Running in & Service advice

01-07-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
Fishr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m2 competition

M2Comp UK Model | Running in & Service advice

Hi peeps,

Just getting close to my 1200 miles for the running-in service and still can't find some exact info on what is required for this service. I also live in the Midlands(UK) and all the BMW dealers I've contacted so far are rather clueless.

So what exactly needs to be done at this running in service? Some say this should include bleeding of the intercooler (S55 engine) but dealers don't seem to include this.

Also, can someone recommend a good BMW service around the Midlands(UK). Happy to travel a bit for this so feel free recommend even if they're a bit further away.

Any further insight/help on the running-in service or servicing the M2C in general would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 07:25 AM   #2
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

I'm about to do the same on my M2C.

The dealer that seems better to me is Sytner Coventry,I took my M4 there in the past for other warranty and service situations and I didn't have any issue, they were spot on
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Never heard of bleeding the intercooler (or why that would be necessary). From my understanding, it's and general oil change and rear differential oil/fluid change (may just be the former now, but was both on my F80 and my wife's).
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 04:06 AM   #4
spenny_b
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp, HS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishr View Post
Hi peeps,

Just getting close to my 1200 miles for the running-in service and still can't find some exact info on what is required for this service. I also live in the Midlands(UK) and all the BMW dealers I've contacted so far are rather clueless.

So what exactly needs to be done at this running in service? Some say this should include bleeding of the intercooler (S55 engine) but dealers don't seem to include this.

Also, can someone recommend a good BMW service around the Midlands(UK). Happy to travel a bit for this so feel free recommend even if they're a bit further away.

Any further insight/help on the running-in service or servicing the M2C in general would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also at a similar stage, about half way through the running in mileage. I'm currently booked in with Barretts in Canterbury for the 17th; had tussles with them in the past on my M5, but we got there in the end, and they did a good job. I know their head tech, Colin, so I'll see if I can glean more info if I can bump into him.

It must be documented somewhere (I'm going to start trawling that treasure trove of M2C info that's in one of these sub-forums - maybe service info is in there?)

ETA - when making my booking last week, they offered me the Service Pack subscription.....£1,260 up front or £35/mth x 35 payments and it covers S1 service @ 15k miles (oil and microfilter) and S2 major service at 30k miles. You also get:

- 1x MOT (which won't be until Dec 2022)
- Wash & vac per visit (no thanks, nobody washes my car apart from me)
- Fluid top up each service (er, the S1 service is a fluid change, and the S2 is a major service including oils?!?)
- Seasonal healthcheck (maybe useful for Granny Smith or somebody not at all interested in maintaining a car)
- Map updates (I think I have this included in one of my "pack" subscriptions anyway)

....So, I need to investigate the off-the-street cost of an S1 and S2 service, but to me, it looks an utter waste of time? Anyone else using it? I thought initially it may include the running in service (£355+VAT) but nope....

Last edited by spenny_b; 01-08-2020 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      01-08-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny_b View Post
I'm also at a similar stage, about half way through the running in mileage. I'm currently booked in with Barretts in Canterbury for the 17th; had tussles with them in the past on my M5, but we got there in the end, and they did a good job. I know their head tech, Colin, so I'll see if I can glean more info if I can bump into him.

It must be documented somewhere (I'm going to start trawling that treasure trove of M2C info that's in one of these sub-forums - maybe service info is in there?)

ETA - when making my booking last week, they offered me the Service Pack subscription.....£1,260 up front or £35/mth x 35 payments and it covers S1 service @ 15k miles (oil and microfilter) and S2 major service at 30k miles. You also get:

- 1x MOT (which won't be until Dec 2022)
- Wash & vac per visit (no thanks, nobody washes my car apart from me)
- Fluid top up each service (er, the S1 service is a fluid change, and the S2 is a major service including oils?!?)
- Seasonal healthcheck (maybe useful for Granny Smith or somebody not at all interested in maintaining a car)
- Map updates (I think I have this included in one of my "pack" subscriptions anyway)

....So, I need to investigate the off-the-street cost of an S1 and S2 service, but to me, it looks an utter waste of time? Anyone else using it? I thought initially it may include the running in service (£355+VAT) but nope....
the service pack doesn't seem a good idea in my opinion

I've been quoted 350£ vat included for RIS
Appreciate 0