BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > The Topic That Answers All M2C(S) Exhaust Questions

11-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #45
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
WHat is the reason behind this: not to change the cats before OPFS?
See my post previous (#36)

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=36
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 04:38 AM   #46
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Follow doughboy's comments...

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:20 AM   #47
Talx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I can confirm today that the Emulator Control Module or ECM is now available at pre-order. You have heard me talking about it for months now and finally it is available for a large number of cars.

The development took long and was done by a technical genius. Now the box is ready to be pre-ordered and shipped out with a large number of variants being available, because the ECM doesn't offer one function but many. Standard the box offers disabling of the ASD and auto start/stop. If you don't want those disabled, tell the seller before shipping.

Other features are OPF-Delete, CAT-Delete / Delete-R and valve control via the cruise control toggle on the steering wheel. You can opt of seven different variants that offer a mix between these features. At this moment, seven variants are being offered. Additional changes to the features in the box are not being offered right now, but further developments are of course on the cards for 2020. For now this product is available for clients that need a solution for their OPF-Delete and Delete-R, and for those who want to switch between OPEN, CLOSE and AUTO on their exhaust valves.

The ECM is connected to the CAN bus of the vehicle and therefore ECU or DME tuning is not required to disable any sensors. Therefore your warranty is not impacted.

However for us M2C owners there is a catch. The M2C and M4C with OPF are a pain in the ass. Since they are based on an architecture connected to the S55 engine, the OPF delete feature set of the ECM hasn't been finished yet. It will be finished in November with testing on-going as we speak. For a range of Fxx and Gxx models it is already available.
looks like it is now available on there site.

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...petition?c=261
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #48
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Someone tried this yet?

https://www.manhart-performance.de/s...W10240.6&c=261

There is something similar from another brand available?

Last edited by prompt; 12-02-2019 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #49
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Finally an update from my end on this matter. Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

The ECM for the M2C and M4 with OPF have not been finished yet. It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C right now. I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

I will be back with you guys as soon as I know more tomorrow.

MR
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 04:45 AM   #50
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Finally an update from my end on this matter. Testing for the M2C has been ongoing the last months and bugs have not all been fixed.

The ECM for the M2C and M4 with OPF have not been finished yet. It is a pain in the ass for the developer to fix it, so we moved on and were contacted by a new supplier who has another solution.

More on this solution really soon. I have it in my hands tomorrow and the supplier says it work on the M2C right now. I think I will have it installed and then we will see what it does.

MR
Any news about this?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #51
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Quote:

MR
Any news about this?
Hi mate, I'm running my car without OPF with AK Motion display. Soon will be a final version but I can confirm it is working like charm 💪🏼💪🏼
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      01-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #52
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielo58 View Post
Hi mate, I'm running my car without OPF with AK Motion display. Soon will be a final version but I can confirm it is working like charm 💪🏼💪🏼
Thanks for the answer mate

any useful link about where to buy this?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #53
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielo58 View Post
Thanks for the answer mate

any useful link about where to buy this?
Hi mate,

Find the link of the shop attached http://datadisplay.store/en/

Regards
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      01-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #54
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any news about this?
Yes, There is an update... The current status is as follows:

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 01-25-2020 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #55
Danielo58
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Any news about this?

- ECM OPF Delete solution works for the G-Series, but not the F-Series. The person behind the project is struggling with the final version that is completely fail safe for the M2C, M4C and M5(C). All other features for the ECM are working, just not OPF delete. Lots of empty promises the last two months, so I don't see this happening for the M2C anymore. I lost hope in the person that was working on it, and an extremely pissed off by his constant stream of promises that clearly was a decoy for the real issue that he can't get it to work.

But I am not giving up... I am hopeful we will get there in the end... My hate for the OPF is too big to just turn around and walk away from the project as a whole. I want to win and provide you guys with a solution we are all happy with it...

- AK Motion display solution is still being testing by Danielo58 and we all have to wait until the final software version is there. Personally, I think this solution might well be the one that is gonna work for everyone and the first to market as well. For now I would suggest this option as soon as it arrives. I will see what I can do to make a special offer for everyone here as soon as it is ready. I think Alex might be able to help on that matter as well.

I want to change to AK Motion as well, because my Awron display is slowly dying. The display is dying day after the day, and I need another solution soon. Awron is exit anyhow, so I will put that brand and its product behind me as soon as I can.

- At my end a decision needs to be made on the third solution that I have been offered. It needs some decent development work and a major investment, but cost wise it could be a good solution for everyone here. I am checking the business case if it is profitable for a company to jump into it and get it sorted.

My question for you guys is; Do you want a solution for the OPF that is not only the display? I can see that people are not easily willing to give up one of the air vents for a display unit. So I do see a market in which we could develop the third solution.

MR
Quote:
Quote:
Any news about this?

MR
Hi MR

I have to go to the garaje to test the final connection and version next week and see if everything is working well, so I will keep you all updated.

About your question I think that Alexander reply someone that it is also possible to use it without screen, but not 100% sure.

I see the screen very helpfull to control flaps, and check temps, and also as a obd blocker as when it is active obd is not fully working and can be a good anti thief.

As I said I will keep you updated and I will record some videos that you can see that is working without limp mode.

Regards
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      01-26-2020, 02:50 AM   #56
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
This.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #57
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Hi MR,

I have M2c with OPF.

What is a solution for a better exhaust sound?

so that the exhaust:

- has civilized nice sound and not wild screaming
- is drone free (Drone is so typical for aftermarket exhaust solutions at mid revs)
- enables to keep the factory warranty for the car (no ECU tuning possible as a result)

The noise level or any emission standards are not an issue as the car will be used outside the European Union.

Would factory M performance exhaust be the right solution? Or it can’t be paired with the OPF exhaust so that it is not throwing the error message?

Would the Akrapovic slip-on be a good alternative solution? Will it work with OPF?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #58
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart driver View Post
Hi MR,

I have M2c with OPF.

What is a solution for a better exhaust sound?

so that the exhaust:

- has civilized nice sound and not wild screaming
- is drone free (Drone is so typical for aftermarket exhaust solutions at mid revs)
- enables to keep the factory warranty for the car (no ECU tuning possible as a result)

The noise level or any emission standards are not an issue as the car will be used outside the European Union.

Would factory M performance exhaust be the right solution? Or it can’t be paired with the OPF exhaust so that it is not throwing the error message?

Would the Akrapovic slip-on be a good alternative solution? Will it work with OPF?
Any slip-on is a solution that works in your case. Keep the OPF, and take a slip-on system (e.g. Akrapovic, Remus, Miltek, MPE). If you want more sound, go for a OPF-back / mid damper delete available via Milltek and Remus. In your case I would always keep the OPFs in the car.

Only problem that might arise is that in case you opt for a Remus Race or Milltek Race system that you might have engine warning lights due to the fact that the improved flow through those systems can throw a CEL warning.

If you don't want this to happen opt for the homologated systems from either brand, or buy an Akrapovic or MPE. Personally I am not really in favor of the lightweight or Eisenmann systems. I would opt between the four I mentioned above. Any other I have not heard or seen in real life.

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 03:34 AM   #59
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Any slip-on is a solution that works in your case. Keep the OPF, and take a slip-on system (e.g. Akrapovic, Remus, Miltek, MPE). If you want more sound, go for a OPF-back / mid damper delete available via Milltek and Remus. In your case I would always keep the OPFs in the car.

Only problem that might arise is that in case you opt for a Remus Race or Milltek Race system that you might have engine warning lights due to the fact that the improved flow through those systems can throw a CEL warning.

If you don't want this to happen opt for the homologated systems from either brand, or buy an Akrapovic or MPE. Personally I am not really in favor of the lightweight or Eisenmann systems. I would opt between the four I mentioned above. Any other I have not heard or seen in real life.

MR

Thanks for the note.
CEL is a no go for me. I will look only at the slip-on.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2020, 04:30 PM   #60
Flange
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Milltek race will not give a CEL.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 11:54 AM   #61
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flange View Post
Milltek race will not give a CEL.
I had one customer who mentioned something else... but I believe you if it works fine on other cars. The same with REMUS, happens on one, but not on another.

MR
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #62
Flange
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I had one customer who mentioned something else... but I believe you if it works fine on other cars. The same with REMUS, happens on one, but not on another.

MR
That could well be true - my car was registered Dec 2018 so built a month or two before.
Could the OPF’s be a bit more sensitive on later cars?

But, doesn’t the increased flow only occur *after* the OPF’s?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 11:57 PM   #63
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Hi MR,

I'm hoping you could help me with a question I had as there is not much information around for my car..not sure where else to go. My car is a 2019 M135i xdrive. Which of these is the opf filter?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 02:22 AM   #64
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
Hi MR,

I'm hoping you could help me with a question I had as there is not much information around for my car..not sure where else to go. My car is a 2019 M135i xdrive. Which of these is the opf filter?
The opf filter is only mounted on EU cars, if you live in Australia you don't have it for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 02:56 AM   #65
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
The opf filter is only mounted on EU cars, if you live in Australia you don't have it for sure.
Thanks. I found the answer and it wasn't what I was looking forward to seeing..I do have the dreaded S1DEA code on my exhaust when I search my VIN on WebETK.

Last edited by knali8; 04-04-2020 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 04:04 PM   #66
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
Hi MR,

The small one closer to the DP looks like an OPF to me...
Appreciate 0