BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Reputable PPF Installer DFW Metroplex

06-13-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Reputable PPF Installer DFW Metroplex

Fellow petrol/bimmer heads... So I'm planning on applying PPF & Ceramic Coating on my M2C after I pick it up next weekend ('19 M2C with about 3500 miles with the proper transmission, 6 speed of course).

Are there any reputable PPF and Ceramic installers in the DFW Metroplex that you guys recommend? I live not far from Jerry's World (aka Cowboys stadium) in Arlington, but I can drive to Plano, Irving, Dallas, Ft Worth for a quality PPF install

Cheers mates!
      06-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Fellow petrol/bimmer heads... So I'm planning on applying PPF & Ceramic Coating on my M2C after I pick it up next weekend ('19 M2C with about 3500 miles with the proper transmission, 6 speed of course).

Are there any reputable PPF and Ceramic installers in the DFW Metroplex that you guys recommend? I live not far from Jerry's World (aka Cowboys stadium) in Arlington, but I can drive to Plano, Irving, Dallas, Ft Worth for a quality PPF install

Cheers mates!
Bump...

Searching on dr google shows tons of shops around DFW, all singing their own praises. I'm just looking for first hand experience

Thanks all
      06-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #3
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

one of the best body shops in DFW recommended this guy: Chris at DFWCLEAR in Carrolton.
469-682-3497
iirc he can sell you either of the major brands of PPF.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 06:41 PM   #4
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacMacJac View Post
one of the best body shops in DFW recommended this guy: Chris at DFWCLEAR in Carrolton.
469-682-3497
iirc he can sell you either of the major brands of PPF.
Thanks for the information- did you use them? I'll give them a shout

Unfortunately the high end cars (Lamborghini, 911's, Astons) roam in N Dallas so I don't see many of these PPF jobs/shops in Arlington...mostly truck country here

Anyone else can chime in w/ recommendations? I would prefer to get 4-5 quotes to accurately review. Looks like for a full front end is around 2k, full wrap is around 5k, but price isn't everything for me as this will be an investment
      06-15-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
dab1981
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2C

Garage List
2022 X5 45e  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I did mine at Clear Bra North Dallas and they did a great job. I had them PPF the front, A-pillars, and a bigger rear quarter panel. They also ceramic coated the car and wheels and tinted the windows. Pricing was in line with other places I looked at. I would definitely give them my business again.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dab1981 View Post
I did mine at Clear Bra North Dallas and they did a great job. I had them PPF the front, A-pillars, and a bigger rear quarter panel. They also ceramic coated the car and wheels and tinted the windows. Pricing was in line with other places I looked at. I would definitely give them my business again.
Thanks Dab!

Did they take your wheels (for the ceramic coating) badges, door handle off to ensure seamless wrap and as much coverage as possible?

Working on getting a few quotes given what folks here recommend. Would like to understand what workmanship DFW installers have...anyone can slap on some film, how it's applied and how visible it is that makes the cut (pun intended)!
      06-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #7
dab1981
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2C

Garage List
2022 X5 45e  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Yes, where applicable, he removed badges and such. He took care to make sure lines were as hidden as possible. Everything that could be wrapped around edges, was wrapped. The only lines are where I did a partial panel.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #8
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dab1981 View Post
Yes, where applicable, he removed badges and such. He took care to make sure lines were as hidden as possible. Everything that could be wrapped around edges, was wrapped. The only lines are where I did a partial panel.
Thanks Dab!