BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > MyBMW App Subscription

05-14-2022, 10:11 AM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

MyBMW App Subscription

So, I noticed since I passed my warranty term, when I go on the MyBMW app, it shows No Active Subscription so I don't have vehicle location or status info. It says, Go to Shop (assuming that's where you purchase a subscription). But that just takes you to the lifestyle shop, where I can find nothing about MyBMW.

I think it's BS that BMW is making us pay for a subscription (of course I'm not a bit surprised by that). But anybody know where to go to get the damn service?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 02:48 PM   #2
Zeese
a coffee drinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT (LBB)

BMW USA has a "Genius" email addr.

Using the iOS App, one sees: Please check service availability. You can do that below.
https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/conne...ml#on-the-road
Service Availability Matrix, v2, PDF.

Please let us know what you learn!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 02:54 PM   #3
Zeese
a coffee drinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 6MT (LBB)

So ... add a vehicle to your "garage", select it, look around, and you will the answer :-)
https://mygarage.bmwusa.com/connected-drive-store.html

Not much for a '17 M2.
Appreciate 1
Uscray134.00
      05-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #4
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Yep, same happened to me when my warranty ran out in March. I had to go purchase the $50 ConnectedDrive package (good for one year) to get the app going again. I think there was also a $100 option that includes map updates and real time traffic info.

I found it here:
main BMW website
→ "hamburger" button
→ Owners
→ Sign in to My BMW
→ Select my car in "My Garage" (previously added)
→ Scroll down to blue "Shop BMW ConnectedDrive" button
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 03:15 AM   #5
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
I think it's BS that BMW is making us pay for a subscription (of course I'm not a bit surprised by that). But anybody know where to go to get the damn service?
They give us 4 years for free. I think that's pretty generous. Also a full year of SiriusXM, while many other manufacturers (looking at you, VW/Audi) give a paltry 3 months.
      05-16-2022, 02:14 PM   #6
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

I'm glad this thread got started, my 4-year warranty recently ended so I'm in the same boat. And thanks to Zeese for posting the matrix PDF, I just went through that carefully.

I'm good paying the $50 for the 1-year renewal for the "Connected Package", I have that up on my screen now in my Garage under vehicle profile so I'm ready to plow ahead and make the purchase but want to confirm one thing first.

Reading through the Matrix, at the top of page 4 of that doc, for 2018 vehicles it looks like the $50 Connected Package does give roadside assistance. However, a quickie phone call to BMW yielded conflicting info - a rep named Byron said that the only way to get roadside assistance services added post-warranty was by visiting a BMW dealer and purchasing that plan there. I believe Byron is wrong and the PDF is correct but figure it couldn't hurt to post here and confirm that you guys are reading the service matrix doc the same way and that roadside assistance does come with the $50 package. TIA.
Appreciate 0