BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Car Play Going Nuts

02-19-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Car Play Going Nuts

Have had a weird new issue recently with Car Play.
At start up, the car connects to the phone, but instead of defaulting to what I was doing last, listening to radio, music library, it starts the Amazon Music app. Does not seem to have any rhyme or reason behind it, does not do it 100% of the time, but probably 80%. Not a major issue because I can switch it to whatever I want, but an annoyance.
Anybody else seen this? (and yes I did search the forum first)
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 09:57 AM   #2
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR013 View Post
At start up, the car connects to the phone, but instead of defaulting to what I was doing last, listening to radio, music library, it starts the Amazon Music app. Does not seem to have any rhyme or reason behind it, does not do it 100% of the time, but probably 80%. Not a major issue because I can switch it to whatever I want, but an annoyance.
Dump Amazon and reload it…

It's most likely the app that's causing the issue your experiencing
      02-19-2022, 10:56 AM   #3
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Concur with Mtizzle. Start there. If no relief move on to removing the phone as a connected device and then reconnect it.

Finally, delete the Amazon music app entirely because what’s the matter with you are you 80? Did it come with your latest AOL subscription?

Use Spotify or Apple Music and not only have you solved this problem, but you’ve solved the problem of using Amazon’s Music App.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #4
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman’s Brother View Post
Concur with Mtizzle. Start there. If no relief move on to removing the phone as a connected device and then reconnect it.

Finally, delete the Amazon music app entirely because what’s the matter with you are you 80? Did it come with your latest AOL subscription?

Use Spotify or Apple Music and not only have you solved this problem, but you’ve solved the problem of using Amazon’s Music App.
LOL! Not quite 80. Really don't listen to any streaming service, prefer my library. It's only on the phone because of Prime. I'll give re-loading a shot. Thanks!
Or maybe just delete since it gives away my age.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman’s Brother View Post

LOL! Not quite 80. Really don't listen to any streaming service, prefer my library. It's only on the phone because of Prime. I'll give re-loading a shot. Thanks!
Or maybe just delete since it gives away my age.
I had issues with it just in general and when I got the latest iStep update all the issues went away
      02-22-2022, 12:32 PM   #6
Bimmerfest680
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Well…
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 06:17 PM   #7
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
I had the same issue as you after I downloaded the Amazon Music app. It's definitely a problem with Amazon so I deleted it. Lol I'll just download it again whenever the Weeknd drops.