BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > 2nd Annual ///Morning Drive, Bucks County PA 7/9/2022**URGENT UPDATE **

03-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #1
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

2nd Annual ///Morning Drive, Bucks County PA 7/9/2022**URGENT UPDATE **

***Due to impending weather on Saturday morning, this drive will be postponed until Sunday morning 7/10/2022. Furthermore, we do not have enough a venue to end up at so I have incorporated a nice drive to Van Sant Airport. I am also combining the other (non BMW) drive with the BMW drive and please take note, WE WILL BE MEETING AT A NEW LOCATION AND TIME:

Meet at: Peace Valley Park, Sailor's Point Lot
759 New Galena Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914

Meet at 6:30am and depart at 7am

Please read the end of the thread for more details***

Well at the request of several of you, I am going to make this an annual event. This started last year as a result of several people not being able to make the "Sunrise Drive" in June. We did an all BMW M morning drive as a make up and it turned out great! There were fewer cars and we were able to get some great pics/footage. So...its on again for this year! I'll be working out a route and details and will try to make it a little different than the Sunrise Drive. The meeting place and time will remain the same. Please check back later for route details. UPDATED: We will be driving to Performance Garage Club in Frenchtown NJ for a cars and coffee event. http://performancegarageclub.com/

*Also, there is no issue if you want to have some non BMW M friends tag along but I would just ask they they stay to the back of the group so that we can get BMW M specific group shots/footage etc. Thanks!

Meeting at:

The Staples Parking Lot
10 West Rd
Newtown, PA 18940
Meeting 5:45am to 6:15am, on the road by 6:20am.

Route: To be determined.

Destination: The Performance Garage Club in Frenchtown NJ. They will be hosting a cars and coffee for us!
Attached Images

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 07-07-2022 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      03-09-2022, 05:25 PM   #2
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
Well at the request of several of you, I am going to make this an annual event. This started last year as a result of several people not being able to make the "Sunrise Drive" in June. We did an all BMW M morning drive as a make up and it turned out great! There were fewer cars and we were able to get some great pics/footage. So...its on again for this year! I'll be working out a route and details and will try to make it a little different than the Sunrise Drive. The meeting place and time will remain the same. Please check back later for route and destination details.

*Also, there is no issue if you want to have some non BMW M friends tag along but I would just ask they they stay to the back of the group so that we can get BMW M specific group shots/footage etc. Thanks!

Meeting at:

The Staples Parking Lot
10 West Rd
Newtown, PA 18940
Meeting 5:45am to 6:15am, on the road by 6:20am.

Route and destination to be determined. Check back later.
Subscribed as always.
      03-13-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

OP updated. We will be driving to Performance Garage Club in Frenchtown NJ for a cars and coffee event they are hosting for us.
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      06-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #4
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Route is finished! Kyler (light blue F82 M4) will be leading the drive. I won't be on the drive, but will meet you guys at the host cars and coffee event at PGC.

Shared route
From Staples to 843 NJ-12, Frenchtown, NJ 08825 via Eagle Rd.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/7NNiqiBnQJZwqZe76
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 06:59 AM   #5
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just updating things regarding the weather...PGC's cars and coffee is a rain or shine event. They will not be postponing if there is inclement weather. That being said...the forecast is starting to go south for Saturday morning unfortunately. If that trend continues I can do one of two things: 1) leave the drive as is and you guys brave the weather or 2) postpone until Sunday and just install the old "Van Sant" airport drive that we did back on the Sunrise Drive in June. Totally up to you guys and we do have a few days to see if the forecast turns better. Sunday is looking like a better weather day at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 07:37 PM   #6
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

***Ok...Saturday morning is postponed to Sunday morning due to the impending weather. The forecast continues to get worse. As I mentioned before, PGC is rain or shine on Saturday so we will not have a venue to end at on Sunday. To make things easier, I'm hoping to combine the two drives (BMWs and non BMWs) in to one drive. Please take note WE WILL MEET AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION. Meet at 630am and depart at 7am.

Peace Valley Park, Sailor's Point Parking lot area. Much better spot for early morning pictures.

759 New Galena Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914.

I will post the new route to this thread shortly. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much of an inconvenience but the weather forecast really wreaked havoc on the plans.***

Shared route
From Sailor's Point at Peace Valley Park, 759 New Galena Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914 to Van Sant Airport, 516 Cafferty Rd, Erwinna, PA 18920 via New Galena Rd and Point Pleasant Pike.

1 hr 21 min (44 mi)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wYKBRPsPez4nMM278

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 07-08-2022 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0