BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > 6th annual "Summer Sunrise" drive 6/12, Bucks County PA

06-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #23
iWayne
///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Ran into some exhaust installation issues, if I can get the stock one back on tonight, I should be good.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 10:18 AM   #24
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinacus View Post
Weather forecast is looking better now. *fingers crossed*
Yup so far it's looking ok. I will post an update by 7pm tomorrow night if the weather should take a turn for the worse...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 10:29 AM   #25
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

For anyone in here going to the drive from NJ on Saturday, see the NJ Caravan post in the regional F8X section if interested.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #26
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

**We look good to go!**

Based on the 24 and 48 hour weather forecast, Saturday looks like it will be the better morning of the two weekend days so we are on for our original planned date! As with all forecasts, they are never perfect...so fingers crossed it holds out. A few last minute items and reminders:
Please check out the Google maps link that was posted to this thread. It has the complete route and turn by turn directions. This will be a large group of cars and I expect separation to occur at times, so having the route is imperative. I will have a few printed copies available, but unless you have a passenger its hard to read written directions while concentrating on driving. So please consider using the Google maps directions with your smart phones or Nav systems.
Unfortunately there are no 24 hour gas stations near our meeting point and once we set out...we are not stopping as a group to get fuel, so make sure you have at least enough fuel for at least a 75 mile trip. There is a Lukoil station about 5 mins from our meeting point that opens at 6am if you need to top off, but we are leaving at 6:20am SHARP.
Last point...and it goes without saying...this is a fun cruise, not a race event. It's going to be a large group of cars so make sure to leave a few car lengths between you and the car in front of you for safety purposes. While we may not have to contend with much vehicle traffic at that time of the morning, there are bicyclists, joggers, and DEER out then (yes thats why it's called Bucks County lol). We don't want to ruin a great morning with a traffic related incident. Just have fun and take pics and videos if you can. See you tomorrow!
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      06-11-2021, 10:44 AM   #27
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
**We look good to go!**

Based on the 24 and 48 hour weather forecast, Saturday looks like it will be the better morning of the two weekend days so we are on for our original planned date! As with all forecasts, they are never perfect...so fingers crossed it holds out. A few last minute items and reminders:
Please check out the Google maps link that was posted to this thread. It has the complete route and turn by turn directions. This will be a large group of cars and I expect separation to occur at times, so having the route is imperative. I will have a few printed copies available, but unless you have a passenger its hard to read written directions while concentrating on driving. So please consider using the Google maps directions with your smart phones or Nav systems.
Unfortunately there are no 24 hour gas stations near our meeting point and once we set out...we are not stopping as a group to get fuel, so make sure you have at least enough fuel for at least a 75 mile trip. There is a Lukoil station about 5 mins from our meeting point that opens at 6am if you need to top off, but we are leaving at 6:20am SHARP.
Last point...and it goes without saying...this is a fun cruise, not a race event. It's going to be a large group of cars so make sure to leave a few car lengths between you and the car in front of you for safety purposes. While we may not have to contend with much vehicle traffic at that time of the morning, there are bicyclists, joggers, and DEER out then (yes thats why it's called Bucks County lol). We don't want to ruin a great morning with a traffic related incident. Just have fun and take pics and videos if you can. See you tomorrow!
Stupid question. Do you just use the google maps app to track the route in real time? I feel like I've been told of better apps to handle Google map route navigation and I never seem to save the names for later.
      06-11-2021, 11:24 AM   #28
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stupid question. Do you just use the google maps app to track the route in real time? I feel like I've been told of better apps to handle Google map route navigation and I never seem to save the names for later.
If you open the Google maps app on your phone, it will act as nav...maybe you are thinking of Waze?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
Kleinacus
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT Build Week 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
Quote:
If you open the Google maps app on your phone, it will act as nav...maybe you are thinking of Waze?
Naaa. Thinking back to one of the bridge tours when a few of us went out anyway that morning when it was called of for weather. The link loaded the route in maps but wouldn't give you turn by turn directions. It just showed your position overlayed on the path. And we lucked out because the one guy had loaded the google route into a different app to get turn by turn and he led us.

It's also possible this has gotten easier in the last few years.
      06-12-2021, 10:22 AM   #30
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

There are pics starting to post on the M3/4 forum if you guys want to check them out...also someone already made a quick video...Rob with the blue Vette...

Appreciate 2
iWayne103.50
Kleinacus671.00
      06-12-2021, 03:26 PM   #31
iWayne
///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Thanks for the invite and organizing a fun & safe cruise! Hope to get out with guys again
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00
      06-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #32
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWayne View Post
Thanks for the invite and organizing a fun & safe cruise! Hope to get out with guys again
No problem...stay tuned! Keep August 21st open, that's all I got to say (wink wink).
Appreciate 1
Kleinacus671.00