BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Carbon AK rear diffuser

02-11-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
Tripmine
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C

Carbon AK rear diffuser

Hi all,

Long time lurker as I dreamed of an M2C and was fortunate enough to finally scratch that itch just after Xmas.

I now have an itch for an akrapovic style rear diffuser. I'd love the real deal but this seems excessive if there isn't the accompanying exhaust. Anyway, I've seen a few available from different suppliers with mixed reviews. Some have found fitment issues and others say the finish isn't good for the price paid.

Any guidance on this? Anybody in Yorkshire or the NW that I could see in person?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 02:18 AM   #2
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripmine View Post
Hi all,

Long time lurker as I dreamed of an M2C and was fortunate enough to finally scratch that itch just after Xmas.

I now have an itch for an akrapovic style rear diffuser. I'd love the real deal but this seems excessive if there isn't the accompanying exhaust. Anyway, I've seen a few available from different suppliers with mixed reviews. Some have found fitment issues and others say the finish isn't good for the price paid.

Any guidance on this? Anybody in Yorkshire or the NW that I could see in person?

Thanks
I've seen that Auto ID have done some copies of the akro diffusers, and their stuff (particularly their TRE range) are good quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 03:28 AM   #3
Tripmine
Rep

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #4
Chris_Uk_m2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look!
I bought from ct carbon. Got a few recommendations from here and finally pulled the trigger on Black Friday 2 years ago. Fitment was good, one tab needed some double sided tape on to stay in but other than that looks great. Also was a decent price point.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2022, 03:41 PM   #5
Tripmine
Rep

Thanks for that. Their price does seem more reasonable but I'm a little put off by the reviews which suggest fitment issues. A bit of 3m tape isn't a big deal though. Appreciate the response.

I did message a few other places about fitment of their diffusers and the non-comittal responses made me think they were just drop-shipping from China. I don't object to their business models but it'd be much cheaper for me to just order this direct. I wanted to hear, "yep, pop down and have a look if you'd prefer."

I'll make a decision in the next few days. 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #6
Chris_Uk_m2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Thanks for that. Their price does seem more reasonable but I'm a little put off by the reviews which suggest fitment issues. A bit of 3m tape isn't a big deal though. Appreciate the response.

I did message a few other places about fitment of their diffusers and the non-comittal responses made me think they were just drop-shipping from China. I don't object to their business models but it'd be much cheaper for me to just order this direct. I wanted to hear, "yep, pop down and have a look if you'd prefer."

I'll make a decision in the next few days. 👍
That was mine fitted.

I was much the same as you, read loads of reviews on different products and saw most reviews said fitment issues. I took a gamble and it was fine. If you check reviews of the bmw version you will see the same comments. I'm happy with how it looks fitted and it was fairly easy to adjust/fettle to get it perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 04:02 PM   #7
Tripmine
Rep

That's really helpful,thank you. Your car looks incredible 🤩. Can barely believe I have one of my own. 👍👍👍
Appreciate 0