BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS spy pics and videos!

11-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #331
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I still don't think we'll see S58 being available on the F87 chassis but even if it does show up it'll be in a rare, limited edition model. Either way it's goods news for many of us. I'll enjoy my M2C for next 3 years or so and then upgrade to S58 as long as it comes with a *manual*
Since the [COLOR="Blue"]S58[/COLOR] is built on the [COLOR="Green"]B58[/COLOR] platform and the [COLOR="Green"]B58[/COLOR] is already stuffed into the 2 series chassis(240i), I don't think it's too far-fetched that would be able fit the [COLOR="Blue"]S58[/COLOR] in the new M2 CS' body..

Of course this is just conjecture until the official reveal of the motor..
I'm pretty sure it fits. I have no doubt about that. I just don't think BMW will do it on F87. As I said, even if they do, I think it'll be for a very limited and much more expensive model such as CS (or a higher model).
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      11-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #332
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
I still don't think we'll see S58 being available on the F87 chassis but even if it does show up it'll be in a rare, limited edition model. Either way it's goods news for many of us. I'll enjoy my M2C for next 3 years or so and then upgrade to S58 as long as it comes with a *manual*
Since the S58 is built on the B58 platform and the B58 is already stuffed into the 2 series chassis(240i), I don't think it's too far-fetched that would be able fit the S58 in the new M2 CS' body..

In all seriousness though, why would they do it?

The S55 has plenty headroom for any CS or CSL model for the f87. They could tune it beyond the M3CS safely I'm sure, but they won't want to do that because of the BMW model tiers.

I don't think BMW is that concerned about the exhaust sound that they would spend the resources to tackle this on f87.

Perhaps if the G series 2 series is far enough out on the development roadmap it's worth doing further development on the f87?

Maybe BMW just has a new philosophy of updating the cars more frequently so every year has possibly a worth while upgrade. New model, then new colors, then LCI, then new engine, then updated tech, then LCI that, then brand new car again. Just every year gets iterative development? Seems expensive, but it helps them market to always have a new thing.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      11-05-2018, 05:34 PM   #333
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Since the [COLOR="Blue"]S58[/COLOR] is built on the [COLOR="Green"]B58[/COLOR] platform and the [COLOR="Green"]B58[/COLOR] is already stuffed into the 2 series chassis(240i), I don't think it's too far-fetched that would be able fit the [COLOR="Blue"]S58[/COLOR] in the new M2 CS' body..

In all seriousness though, why would they do it?

The S55 has plenty headroom for any CS or CSL model for the f87.

I don't think BMW is that concerned about the exhaust sound that they would spend the resources to tackle this on f87.

Perhaps if the G series 2 series is far enough out on the development roadmap it's worth doing further development on the f87?

Maybe BMW just has a new philosophy of updating the cars more frequently so every year has possibly a worth while upgrade. New model, then new colors, then LCI, then new engine, then updated tech, then LCI that, then brand new car again. Just every year gets iterative development? Seems expensive, but it helps them market to always have a new thing.
Good point on the S55 power potential but to make this vehicle a little more special, they might throw in the new motor to give it an air of exclusivity.

Then eventually they will trickle down the same S58 into the future standard G series M2s.

Just spitballing speculations, so who really knows..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #334
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Guys, just a muffler. Even N55 muffler can be fitted to a N20 as long as pipe diameter matches which I'm sure is the case for S55 and S58.

They could be testing the new generation OPF fitted exhaust/muffler that's going on all models even including 4 cylinders.

Does BMW have problem selling F87 with S55?
      11-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #335
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitecto View Post
I really hope all these little add on pieces become better integrated as the design develops.

It's like watching a Hollywood Star slowly transforming after countless plastic surgeries.

If they keep changing little things here and there then before you know it the beauty and simplicity of the original will be lost all together...
Yup I agree completely.
      11-06-2018, 05:54 AM   #336
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
^Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
I do like the Cayman more, the 911 (wat ever series of them) have grown too big IMHO
Yep, different strokes for different folks. Don't miss my GT4 at all, but in love with my GT3. I hope you are able to land the upcoming GT4 and enjoy the heck out of it.

As an aside, it's kind of ironic to hear ///M guys comment that the 911 has gotten too big. The current M3 is bigger than the M5 I grew up with!
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      11-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #337
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head View Post
FYI not all Hydraulic Steering is good, the E46 M3 CSL is an example, there is not much feel in the wheel, granted enough but not as good as you expect it to be.

Again, "not all" is the key here, some are fantastic and some are just dead.
The hydraulic rack in the E9x M3 and 1M are not considered great either.
Uh what? The hydraulic rack in the 1M and E9X M3 is totally fantastic. One of the main reasons that generation of BMWs are so revered. Universally loved...I've driven so many M cars and along with the E46 those are the best hydraulic steering racks I've tried in BMWs.

One of the worst things about F series BMWs are the synthetic steering. I liked the M2 when I drove it but didn't love it. Hated the steering the most though it felt lifeless. Not sure if the M2C makes it feel less synthetic or not but would be interested to try it!
      11-06-2018, 02:25 PM   #338
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Yep, different strokes for different folks. Don't miss my GT4 at all, but in love with my GT3. I hope you are able to land the upcoming GT4 and enjoy the heck out of it.

As an aside, it's kind of ironic to hear ///M guys comment that the 911 has gotten too big. The current M3 is bigger than the M5 I grew up with!
The M fans have been complaining about the size of M cars too, that's why people are on this board instead of the f80/82 board.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #339
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

The deposits guys have been putting down are refundable yes? Even if they do end up releasing ‘something’?
Aside from wasting your/dealers time it’s maybe a good idea to at least try incase it fits whatever someone is looking for.

Waiting with a baited breath but having just picked up an M140i I perhaps shouldn’t really be spending hours trawling through M2 stuff, I just really want it to be a CSL
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #340
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Idk i just feel cars get whored out too much nowadays, dont you think?

Already your eyes are set on the new chick with the bigger boobs that gonna be rolled in a few years

Wheres the love?
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #341
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Quote:

Already your eyes are set on the new chick with the bigger boobs that gonna be rolled in a few years

Wheres the love?
Well BMW has to keep up with the "competition" and their solution is a CS.

Even it being a limited production vehicle and might be sold out on in a day, it still creates buzz to the brand that might attract other buyers.

For instance, all my non-BMW friends are asking me now; "Hey, I heard they put the M4 motor in M2, that's sick!"

Now BMW got their attention
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #342
Woots
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4///M Roadster

Have residuals on the other CS models been any good? If it’s going to cost £70k for an M2 CS that’s is going to be really nudging ‘special’ exotica
Probably V12 vantage prices 😳
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #343
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Wheres the love?
No, I don't see it that way... I usually don't keep my cars more than 3-4 years. In fact, had my last two cars only for 2 years each. If there is something better that excites me more and if my financial situation allows, it's a simple decision for me, I'll upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 12:50 PM   #344
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

Wheres the love?
Most everyone I know into cars change their car or cars every 2 or 3 years. If they own a keeper, it becomes a weekend only car or a track car build(in addition to their daily).
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #345
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

So we are just renting cars now for 3 yrs
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #346
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
So we are just renting cars now for 3 yrs
One of the reasons I lease in cases like this...not a popular option with some on this board...but works for me. I see these cars as a straight up expense - a hobby...pure and simple. I only buy a vehicle when I am going to drive it into the ground (i.e. my winter beater) and I don't care about depreciation.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #347
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
One of the reasons I lease in cases like this...not a popular option with some on this board...but works for me. I see these cars as a straight up expense - a hobby...pure and simple. I only buy a vehicle when I am going to drive it into the ground (i.e. my winter beater) and I don't care about depreciation.
. If leasing is done right, then it really doesn't pay to buy. Unless, like you said, going to drive it into ground. And that's only if it's a reliable car. I lease a sports car with a 138k sticker for $870/mo includes tax, 0 down, 33mo, 10kmiles per yr. Doesn't pay to buy. The real winner will be the person that buys it off lease.
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #348
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

The real winner will be the person that buys it off lease

Can you explain
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #349
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
. If leasing is done right, then it really doesn't pay to buy. Unless, like you said, going to drive it into ground. And that's only if it's a reliable car. I lease a sports car with a 138k sticker for $870/mo includes tax, 0 down, 33mo, 10kmiles per yr. Doesn't pay to buy. The real winner will be the person that buys it off lease.
I'm a fan of leasing, so I ask this out of genuine interest and not to put you on the defensive, but what sports car is this?? Assuming 7% sales tax, just to pull middle-of-the-road tax rate out of a hat, and even assuming a MF of 0, that payment indicates a 33 month residual over 80%. What sports car at $138K is being offered with a residual of 80%? I'm totally missing the boat here. Last time I checked even Porsche was just cracking the 70% residual level but you had to contract at only 5K miles per year just to be there. Even they don't approach 80% residuals.

What I'm also not getting is how you think the next person will be the winner, because at that 80% residual the next guy is going to pay $120K all in for a 3 year old car that stickered for $138K. Either that or the manufacturer plans to take a massive write-down on the value of this car at the 3 year mark in order for the next buyer to not get slaughtered.
Appreciate 1
bplewis24188.50
      11-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #350
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The schedule is quite tight especially when you have the second generation 2er arriving afterwards , although the second generation M2 is still far,far away,
It makes more sense for CS

Its either the M4 or The M8 that will introduce the first modern CSL.
My guess would be M8, then M4.
M8 is going to be a pigfat hambeast so a CS is needed badly
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #351
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

So the M2 CS is going into production March 2020? Has this been confirmed?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #352
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwares View Post
I'm a fan of leasing, so I ask this out of genuine interest and not to put you on the defensive, but what sports car is this?? Assuming 7% sales tax, just to pull middle-of-the-road tax rate out of a hat, and even assuming a MF of 0, that payment indicates a 33 month residual over 80%. What sports car at $138K is being offered with a residual of 80%? I'm totally missing the boat here. Last time I checked even Porsche was just cracking the 70% residual level but you had to contract at only 5K miles per year just to be there. Even they don't approach 80% residuals.

What I'm also not getting is how you think the next person will be the winner, because at that 80% residual the next guy is going to pay $120K all in for a 3 year old car that stickered for $138K. Either that or the manufacturer plans to take a massive write-down on the value of this car at the 3 year mark in order for the next buyer to not get slaughtered.
2017 F-type SVR. Happened to strike while jaguar was offering 30k in incentives. I got 38k off sticker. Excellent mf. $840/mo before taxes. Depreciation puts it at $71k post lease. It's well cared for, paint corrected, etc. So the person that buys it close to 70k will be getting a good buy as further depreciation will have slowed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YHCD7v79u9AuUNBv9
Appreciate 1