BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Long Beach Blue and Alpine White M2 side-by-side comparison

03-14-2016, 10:13 AM   #199
v8ksn
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
That is not Long Beach Blue, might look similar though. That cars is wrapped.
The car I saw was a brand new X6M in the dealership and the specification on the display panel next to the car listed the colour as Long Beach blue.

I actually went downstairs to the colour sample panels and lifted the LBB colour sample and offered it up next to the car, the colour was the same.

I took photos of the LBB car and strangely they come out as a darker blue not the teal blue it is in real life.

I have no ulterior motive here as I have just ordered a BMW M2 in LBB and now having seen the colour in real life I have changed my mind.

I implore all of you who have ordered LBB to find a dealer that has one in stock and take a look for yourself. The press photos are not a true reflection of the colour.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #200
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8ksn View Post
The car I saw was a brand new X6M in the dealership and the specification on the display panel next to the car listed the colour as Long Beach blue.

I actually went downstairs to the colour sample panels and lifted the LBB colour sample and offered it up next to the car, the colour was the same.

I took photos of the LBB car and strangely they come out as a darker blue not the teal blue it is in real life.

I have no ulterior motive here as I have just ordered a BMW M2 in LBB and now having seen the colour in real life I have changed my mind.

I implore all of you who have ordered LBB to find a dealer that has one in stock and take a look for yourself. The press photos are not a true reflection of the colour.
I was talking about the X3 in your picture...
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2016, 05:42 PM   #201
BurpZilla
Avid Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpine White M2 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
I went to BMW Canada today hoping to see a LBB M2 outside in the sunlight.To my surprise they had a LBB M2 next to an Alpine White M2 in the parking lot.

I thought that the M2 would look good in LBB,after seeing an X5M in LBB, but after seeing the color again today,i have realized that I just wouldn't be happy with the color.The color really does completey change from an Estoril Blue shade inside,to turquoise out in the sun.I don't like the turquoise color in the sun.

Thankfully Alpine White is available on the M2 because it really looks fantastic.The color looks good in pics but looks even better in person.I will definitely be calling my SA tomorrow to change my order to Alpine White.

Here are some pics of both colors.The pictures make LBB look like Estoril Blue but it is really a turquoise blue outside in the sun.
Really helpful thanks! I ordered a AW, I currently live in a small town and don't think I'll have access to a LBB in person. I love blue but hate green (even though they are cousins!) saw a white m2 at the local dealer...man...beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #202
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Finally, a pic that shows the flares on AW! You can see them in person but it is hard to get them to show up in pics. Just need the right lighting.
Attached Images

VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 4
      04-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #203
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Finally, a pic that shows the flares on AW! You can see them in person but it is hard to get them to show up in pics. Just need the right lighting.
Wow,OrangeCrush,that is the best pic I have seen of the awesome looking fender flares on the Alpine White M2.Looks fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #204
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Oh no please not Kim Kardashian again!!

Ah now I see it's OrangeCrush's car, sorry.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #205
SliChillax
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: Ex BMW owner, will return soon

Garage List
That first pic looks stretched to me. The mirrors arent that long but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #206
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliChillax View Post
That first pic looks stretched to me. The mirrors arent that long but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Yeah, it does look stretched. I resized/cropped the pic on my phone and probably didn't do it equally. I noticed it today when I was looking at te pics on my phone. Still like it though. LOL!
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0