BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > M2 at my work place ready for shipping, weight on scales

01-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #133
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbark View Post
Lots of pics being deleted lately....
Sometimes pictures disappear. So also did mine lately...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #134
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
I have never seen a car with such a deluded following as the M2. Any shred of evidence suggesting figures contrary to reality are latched on to and held tightly. This thread is a case study in that delusion:

1) Someone posts photos and draws an incorrect conclusion about the weight of the car, putting it off by a couple hundred pounds.

2) A correction is posted, putting the weight to within ~50 lbs of the numbers we already know.

3) The photos get removed for obvious reasons. BMW can't force anyone to take down photos taken in a public place (in the US, anyway). They can, however, force someone to take down photos taken while the car is in the custody of a trusted logistics provider.

4) Deluded M2 junkies jump to conclusions about a conspiracy surrounding the weight of the car. Continue to insist that even if the original low-ball figures weren't correct, the car must be lighter than BMW has published so far.

At this point, I predict a Netflix documentary after the release of this car lol
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #135
Japper69
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 X-Drive - Skyscraper Gr

Anyone confirm that this car was headed to the Houston Auto Show this week? Or if BMW are showing the M2 at the show?

Will head through to Houston this weekend if so.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #136
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I have never seen a car with such a deluded following as the M2. Any shred of evidence suggesting figures contrary to reality are latched on to and held tightly. This thread is a case study in that delusion:

1) Someone posts photos and draws an incorrect conclusion about the weight of the car, putting it off by a couple hundred pounds.

2) A correction is posted, putting the weight to within ~50 lbs of the numbers we already know.

3) The photos get removed for obvious reasons. BMW can't force anyone to take down photos taken in a public place (in the US, anyway). They can, however, force someone to take down photos taken while the car is in the custody of a trusted logistics provider.

4) Deluded M2 junkies jump to conclusions about a conspiracy surrounding the weight of the car. Continue to insist that even if the original low-ball figures weren't correct, the car must be lighter than BMW has published so far.

At this point, I predict a Netflix documentary after the release of this car lol
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0