BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 dealer car order options revealed [updated with even more options details]

07-29-2015, 12:18 PM   #221
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Good, BMWs strategy is working. People who don't appreciate the car for what it is, and want all the options, will not bite. Some of those people will be inclined to move up to the F80.

Works for me! I want mine ASAP.
I'm just sitting here reading the opinions going back and forward. Every person that says they will pass gets me a little more excited at the hopes I can get my hand on one! Any suggestions to make sure I can get one in South Florida besides giving the manager at the dealership fellatio?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #222
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Interior trim (that you can order with wood or aluminum on other cars).

No HUD should be absolutely no surprise at all. Can't easily retrofit it unfortunately. Maybe during LCI, I'm not sure.
Yea I was told so before but I just had some hopes. Do you think the performance steering will work on the M2?

Main factor will be how it drives of course but it's gonna be hard letting go of all the gadgets I got used to in the M4
      07-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #223
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
To be honest, I'm just grateful that BMW still makes a car that is the "right" size with a 6MT. That to me is more important than the options list, so I'll definitely take it and run

My thoughts exactly. I must say my mind is all over the place car-wise though, because I am also interested in a C7 and the new GT350. Before people say the M2 is not in the same class as these two cars, keep in mind not everyone cross shops cars in the exact same class. What puts these three cars on my short list is they are all powerful RWD coupes with a manual transmission still available and are in a similar price range. I always toy with the idea of picking up a used Z4 M Coupe too...
      07-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #224
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Yea I was told so before but I just had some hopes. Do you think the performance steering will work on the M2?
Yes, Alpine F31 has it in his M235i already (not the LCD-version but they both have the same fitment/airbag).

Thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1152890
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #225
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Was it confirmed that the car will have LEDs? or will we have to wait for an LCI/ZCP for that?
      07-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #226
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post

Main factor will be how it drives of course but it's gonna be hard letting go of all the gadgets I got used to in the M4
Definitely. Should even be plug and play if you already have it on your M4.

Take my word for it, you won't miss all the gadgets. My E92 is fully loaded. It has CA, Nav, upgraded sound system, heated seats ect... my E36 has literally none of that. And even the few comfort creatures it has don't work

The driver side window stopped working, the passenger side door actuator doesn't work. The remote stopped working, so I have to unlock the door the old school way with the key. Doesn't have heated seats either.

Guess what? None of that matters. It's just a really fun car! That's why I'm completely cool with going with a stripped out M2. Really the only thing I miss in the E36 that the E92 has are the Xenons. The halogens freaken suck.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #227
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
My thoughts exactly. I must say my mind is all over the place car-wise though, because I am also interested in a C7 and the new GT350. Before people say the M2 is not in the same class as these two cars, keep in mind not everyone cross shops cars in the exact same class. What puts these three cars on my short list is they are all powerful RWD coupes with a manual transmission still available and are in a similar price range. I always toy with the idea of picking up a used Z4 M Coupe too...
I actually considered those, but also the Caymans.
- Z4M: Love that car, and it's an appreciating asset. But the whole idea of buying a new car was so that I can have a warranty on one. I'm tired of maintaining these cars and would like a little break
- GT350: Straight up, it's too big of a car. I refuse to buy a coupe that's even bigger than my E92. Absolute deal breaker
- C7: I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the interior. Good looking car.
- Cayman S: Love it death. Out of my budget new.

The M2 just ticks all the right boxes for me. Right size, hopefully right price (below 55k for a stripper), more than enough performance, 6MT, RWD. But most important, FUN.
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #228
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I wonder if they are going to rework the instrument cluster to include a temp gauge, maybe instead of fuel consumption/regeneration meter... there isn't room for a dedicated temp guage in the 2 series cluster.
      07-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #229
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Take my word for it, you won't miss all the gadgets. My E92 is fully loaded. It has CA, Nav, upgraded sound system, heated seats ect... my E36 has literally none of that. And even the few comfort creatures it has don't work.
I don't fully agree with this. I miss the HUD as soon as I'm in another car, it is an awesome thing that should be available in all (M) cars. Most of the other stuff is easier to live without though.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #230
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
I wonder if they are going to rework the instrument cluster to include a temp gauge, maybe instead of fuel consumption/regeneration meter... there isn't room for a dedicated temp guage in the 2 series cluster.
In the past, that's exactly what BMW have done. For example, in the 1M and the E92 M3, the oil temp gauge is right where the real-time fuel economy gauge would have been. In the E92, at least, you can't even see real time fuel economy. I assume this is because "you really don't want to know" lol.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #231
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Good point, I didn't even think about that.
You can kind of see the cluster in this pic, and it doesn't look like there's an extra gauge towards the right. Hopefully they get rid of that worthless MPG gauge and have an oil temp gauge instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
I don't fully agree with this. I miss the HUD as soon as I'm in another car, it is an awesome thing that should be available in all (M) cars. Most of the other stuff is easier to live without though.
Yea I had HUD on the F11 530d (awesome car btw) and it was really nice. Knowing how BMW do things, it would probably be part of a really expensive package that includes so many things I don't want.

In the M3 for example (in the US anyway), to get HUD, you need the Executive package. I like HUD, but not for $4300.

It's not a deal breaker for me anyway, as most of you guys can tell by now
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #232
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Yea I had HUD on the F11 530d (awesome car btw) and it was really nice. Knowing how BMW do things, it would probably be part of a really expensive package that includes so many things I don't want.

In the M3 for example (in the US anyway), to get HUD, you need the Executive package. I like HUD, but not for $4300.

It's not a deal breaker for me anyway, as most of you guys can tell by now
As the 1-series didn't get HUD in the LCI I doubt the 2-series will. The 2 GT has a cheaper HUD-version like the one that is available to "retrofit".

On the bigger models it is a stand alone option on cars in most of Europe (around €1k) and is definitely worth it. But not $4300 if you don't want the rest.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #233
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variance View Post
Just ignore him; Adem and Adjuster both seem to have this inexplicable need to respond to every negative statement about the M2. They have likely run out of other things to say, since they seem to spend every waking moment on this board, haha.
some of us have to bring you folks back to reality..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
I'm sorry, really. I really am. This M2 stuff is like crack to me. I'll lay off for a while
Agree.. it's like Crack... however.. it's also INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE seeing the same process of silly questions.. redundant questions.. obvious market research which occurs here... and the complaints from people that they didn't get what they EXPECTED.. despite being TOLD otherwise..

no one said for anyone to start adding expectations to the car..
if anything... I try to temper expectations to what is REAL.. and even provide INSIGHT as to why the expectation won't be met.
A whole better than you will get directly from BMW.. LOL. and no different than the people adapting renders to see what panels might be under.. etc..

It's this passion that also let me to ACTUALLY OBTAINING A 1M ALLOCATION....,something I am already betting will not be easy for the M2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
You know that just because someone doesn't buy an m2, doesn't mean they will buy an f80/2? In fact, I would say that most won't.

So I don't understand "the strategy", nor do I actually believe this is what Bmw is trying to do.

I think they are trying to sell this car, and not use it in some complex fashion to force people to buy an f80.
yes.. it's very clear... lots of people here don't understand the " strategy"

And the funniest part of all is that there is an ABSOLUTE BLUEPRINT for the M2 in the 1M.... but yet most keep hoping against hope..

So far.. the only major changes to this car from the 1M are the following

- option for DCT
- anticipated option for moonroof
- no orange , you get blue instead... and an extra gray..

Really not even gonna count the N55 in any way because it's the same blueprint as what they did with the N54T... still waiting on it it gets twin turbos or single.... and it gets twin turbos... then it totally becomes like the 1M design.... the single turbo is what made the N55 less powerful

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-29-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #234
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
And the funniest part of all is that there is an ABSOLUTE BLUEPRINT for the M2 in the 1M.... but yet most keep hoping against hope..
It's not entirely illogical to think BMW, given the "excuses" they made about the 1M being what it is because of it's short time to production, that the M2 would have improved on it in some way other than the natural progression of improvements from one model to the next. The e92 M3 to M4 is not just a faster car around the track, better headlight options and a fancy new aero kit, but the 1M to M2 is just that. Nothing really innovative given their lengthier time to production with this car.

It will be interesting to see the final product, which may prove that level of speculation and dampened hopes all for naught, but as it stands, the M2 as great as it might be is going to have the middle child syndrome - not as special as the first, and always living in the shadows of its older siblings. BMW doesn't seem to have aspirations about making this car stand out on its own, but we shall see...
      07-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #235
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
In the past, that's exactly what BMW have done. For example, in the 1M and the E92 M3, the oil temp gauge is right where the real-time fuel economy gauge would have been. In the E92, at least, you can't even see real time fuel economy. I assume this is because "you really don't want to know" lol.

hehehe.... I may have a new recruit.. Take over Bradley!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #236
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
It's not entirely illogical to think BMW, given the "excuses" they made about the 1M being what it is because of it's short time to production, that the M2 would have improved on it in some way other than the natural progression of improvements from one model to the next. .

Agree with you about it not being illogical to think or hope... ... however don't ASSUME... because that certainly becomes illogical if you don't take into account actual history. Hint.. you might notice me doing that..

Quote:
It will be interesting to see the final product, which may prove that level of speculation and dampened hopes all for naught, but as it stands, the M2 as great as it might be is going to have the middle child syndrome - not as special as the first, and always living in the shadows of its older siblings. BMW doesn't seem to have aspirations about making this car stand out on its own, but we shall see...

Same could be said about the E36 M3... A car that came to the US with no " individual throttle bodies " etc etc.. and people said wasn't a " REAL M3" (myself included... yes.. I was an elitist E30 M3 owner... but I've learned... and bought a " parts bin " car myself... and it's AWESOME.

doesn't matter the seats only came one color..
doesn't matter if there were only 3 exterior cololrs
doesn't matter that it didn't get a CF roof, no DCT.. no sunroof.. etc..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-29-2015 at 02:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #237
vugz10
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BB6 Prelude, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Am I the only one who's disappointed at having only alpine white? Not mineral white?
no you're not

Last edited by vugz10; 07-29-2015 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:24 PM   #238
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Agree with you about it not being illogical... however becomes illogical if you don't take into account actual history.

Same could be said about the E36 M3... A car that came to the US with no " individual throttle bodies " and a lesser motor than what appeared in Europe
Maybe but that's missing the point. Yes, the M2 had a blueprint, but that blueprint was more or less a rough sketch. BMW had enough time to turn that "rough sketch" into a buttoned up blueprint for the M2 and instead they seem to have decided on just a Me2.
      07-29-2015, 02:26 PM   #239
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Maybe but that's missing the point. Yes, the M2 had a blueprint, but that blueprint was more or less a rough sketch. BMW had enough time to turn that "rough sketch" into a buttoned up blueprint for the M2 and instead they seem to have decided on just a Me2.

translation : in your mind you felt that there was more work to be done..

did you ASSUME because of the short time frame that the 1M wasn't as BMW wanted?

What exactly did BMW AG say they wished they could have done better? Whose term is that the 1m was a " rough sketch"?
When did BMW AG announce or promise that they would do anything differently than the 1M ?

Who or what has caused your " disappointment" that they did not finish the " rough sketch" .
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #240
emathis
Private
Rep
Drives: X6//M + 1series V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
There was certainly no carbon fiber roof.

I don't remember seeing a sunroof option, but i could be wrong.
I confirm NO CARBON FIBER ROOF and NO SUNROOF available
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #241
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Agree 100% here. This whole notion that BMW is executing on a strategy that pushes unhappy M2 buyers up to the M3/4 is kind of looney. You can find exceptions to any rule, but in general, buyers shop to a price point. We don't have M2 pricing yet, but the jump to the M4 (assuming the M2 buyer is shopping coupes) is likely to be a large one. A stripper (cloth, AW) M4 is $65,195 with destination. If the M2 starts at $50-$55, the jump is close to $10k. That is not a small jump for someone shopping to a price point.

once again... A clear ASSUMPTION here that BMW wants to sell as many as M2 as possible.... which.. they don't. Sheesh!

Quote:

Based on the option list that just showed up, it's pretty clear what's going on here. BMW is not sitting on some desert island with their head in the sand. The secondary market for the 1M is just nuts. The car is listed at or above MSRP everywhere I've seen it. I can't say if they're selling at that point, but even if resale were 80% at this point, that would incredible for that car. There is clearly a market for a small M, and the 1M has provided BMW a template that they know will sell. The least risky thing for them to do is deliver a sequel to the 1M, and that appears to be what they're doing.
Agree 100 percent... I've said it before and I will say it again.

This is a low volume car. Just like Porschephiles say that Porsche holds down the Cayman/Boxster... BMW is doing the same.. they do not want to sell more M2 than M3/M4... just like Porsche wants to sell more 911s than Cayman/boxsters.... they just go about it slightly differently..

It's not like this is a hidden strategy.. look at every single sales month that's posted here... BMW wants to sell 3/4 series as their highest volume vehicles... ... followed by 5 series... and then X vehicles... not 1/2 series..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
What kills me about this car....
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out. Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

Attention BMW bean counters: off you go to the drawing board!!
Again... the same assumption that production capability is unlimited for the M2. FALSE.

Bottom line is the Leipzing plant just barely managed to squeeze out the 1Ms it did. That plant will have similar or LESS capacity if the new generation X1 continues to sell like the current one... that or the plant will have to go 24/7.... When the 1M was being made the plant was two shifts with a 3rd shift for the paint booth... So... And even if the plant can go 24/7 on vehicle production... they still can't keep up with paint.. hence.. LIMITED PRODUCTION.

Oh yeah... and they also want to bring out an X2 some time... guess where that will likely be made...

Bemo... you have the WHINE.. I just gave you the cheese.. sorry it's Limburger..

I'm just saying... get in line now if you want an M2... you'll thank me later! or... quit whining and go get an M3/M4.

those who want unique colors for the M2... .. . check out the M3/M4 ...any new colors introduced on that model yet?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-29-2015 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #242
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
In the E92, at least, you can't even see real time fuel economy. I assume this is because "you really don't want to know" lol.
I'm just kinda passing through the conversation, and noticed that this is wrong, I'm afraid.
I have an e9xM and real time MPG is easily visible through NAV. Even without a NAV , MPG is available on the E9xM. And yes, I do want to know. And, what I find out makes me admire the car even more. Oooohhh that V8 sound is soooo special.
Appreciate 0