BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 dealer car order options revealed [updated with even more options details]

07-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Riky
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M+G30 540i+Ginetta G55&G50

Post BMW M2 dealer car order options revealed [updated with even more options details]

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Complete options list + options codes!

Original post (by Riky):

Just went by my local dealer for some info about the BMW M2.

My sales guy told me they just (yesterday) placed the order for the dealer demo car. Delivery date is March 2016.

He showed me the options list and how they ordered the car. I asked him to give me a copy but he wouldn't do that. I tried to memorize as much details as possible. No info on the prices yet.

Things I remember:
  • Standard carbon interior
  • Wheels same as M3/M4 19" in black with silver accents from the F8x (no silver option)
  • Black leather with blue stitching
  • No option to have park sensors in the front of the car, only rear.
  • Rear view camera is an option
  • Manual and DCT
  • 4 color options (as known before)

I will try to see him again and get another look at the option list.

Of course i told him to make sure i would get this first car delivered to me, since I've told him a year ago he has to deliver the first M2 to me. He confirmed I would get it .
Appreciate 19
      07-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #2
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Only black wheels... interesting.

Should look great on my Mineral Gray M2!
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

If the demo car has no carbon roof, that should help anyone who still thinks the M2 may have a carbon roof. No CCB either. Europe gets standalone options, so I suspect backup camera and rear sensors will be rolled into a package here in the US.
      07-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Riky
Private
Belgium
Rep

There was certainly no carbon fiber roof.

I don't remember seeing a sunroof option, but i could be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
If the demo car has no carbon roof, that should help anyone who still thinks the M2 may have a carbon roof. No CCB either. Europe gets standalone options, so I suspect backup camera and rear sensors will be rolled into a package here in the US.
There are a bunch of things it will have that aren't listed there,so it still could come with a carbon fiber roof,but probably not.I'm sure the black wheels would not be fully black.They should be like the M3 wheels,which are silver,with the black accent color.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
SW19
Colonel
Rep

If it is March delivery,that would mean that M2 production would still probably start in November.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:21 PM   #7
Riky
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
There are a bunch of things it will have that aren't listed there,so it still could come with a carbon fiber roof,but probably not.I'm sure the black wheels would not be fully black,They should be like the M3 wheels,which are silver,with the black accent color.
There was an image on his order form and the wheels are exactly the black rims withe silver accents we all know from the F8x.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #8
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

The M2 ordering guide isn't available in the States yet but it may very well be available in Europe already
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
SW19
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
There was an image on his order form and the wheels are exactly the black rims withe silver accents we all know from the F8x.
I guess that confirms it.I didn't realize that you were actually able to see any of the ordering info.Thanks for posting this.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No surprise here. BMW is going to borrow as much F80/F84 hardware as they possibly can a lá 1M.....just not the stuff we REALLY want!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #11
crawfordbay
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Garage List
1998 BMW M Coupe  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
M4 19" Black Light-Alloy Double-Spoke Style Wheels
Attached Images

07-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #12
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
If it is March delivery,that would mean that M2 production would still probably start in November.
for Europe...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete
Quote:
No surprise here. BMW is going to borrow as much F80/F84 hardware as they possibly can a lá 1M.....just not the stuff we REALLY want!
What kills me about this car....
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out.
Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

Attention BMW bean counters: off you go to the drawing board!!
Appreciate 4
      07-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out.
Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

cause that's not an affordable M car that's the intent for the M2... they can't charge 63k for an M2 base

maybe wait for the M2 CSL
Appreciate 3
      07-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #15
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I couldn't agree more! I don't want another "entry level M", I want a smaller M4 😁
Appreciate 3
      07-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #16
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Just went by my local dealer for some info about the M2.

My sales guy told me they just (yesterday) placed the order for the dealer demo car. Delivery date is March 2016.

He showed me the options list and how they ordered the car. I asked him to give me a copy but he wouldn't do that. I tried to memorize as much details as possible. No info on the prices yet.

Things I remember:
  • Standard carbon interior
  • Wheels same as M3/M4 19" in black (no silver)
  • Black leather with blue stitching
  • No option to have park sensors in the front of the car, only rear.
  • Rear view camera is an option
  • Manual and DCT
  • 4 color options (as known before)

I will try to see him again and get another look at the option list.

Of course i told him to make sure i would get this first car delivered to me, since I've told him a year ago he has to deliver the first M2 to me. He confirmed I would get it .
This is good info, thanks for sharing. It does lineup with some of the info we've known before so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfordbay View Post
M4 19" Black Light-Alloy Double-Spoke Style Wheels
I'm not a fan of the wheel in general, but it certainly looks better than the silver version IMO. I think I could totally live with this on LBB
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #17
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete
Quote:

I couldn't agree more! I don't want another "entry level M", I want a smaller M4 😁
And it's doable. Traditional feasibility studies can be bypassed and this can be achieved without complicating the parts bin and overall supply chain.
You want an S55 motor in the M2? No problem, pay me! Carbon fibre roof? Sure but at a cost, almost like Porsche a-la-carte style.

The only big expense that still cannot be shaved is the federalization cost, and it would have to be done for each unique combination of add on performance parts.
Let's hope that the Trans-Atlantic Treaty with Europe will be passed which will equalize standards on both sides of the pond. If and when this happens, we are bound to see some interesting developments with the German automotive market and its offerings in North America.

Here's to hoping!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #18
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:

cause that's not an affordable M car that's the intent for the M2... they can't charge 63k for an M2 base

maybe wait for the M2 CSL
My point was give potential owners options, I get the "entry" level if that is all I can afford.
You may want to pay top dollar and be able to crush an M3 in the 0-62mph department....because that's what you want.
Bmw makes money and everyone walks away happy. Well maybe not the owner of the stock M3, but knowing that your spec M2 cost you more than his or her stock M3, they'll "get it."
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #19
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
My point was give potential owners options, I get the "entry" level if that is all I can afford.
You may want to pay top dollar and be able to crush an M3 in the 0-62mph department....because that's what you want.
Bmw makes money and everyone walks away happy. Well maybe not the owner of the stock M3, but knowing that your spec M2 cost you more than his or her stock M3, they'll "get it."
You can do that with just the M235i, so there is nothing stopping you from creating a 0-60mph monster out of the M2. Asking for that from BMW though is probably asking too much. If you give the M2 the S engine off the M3, it's no longer going to be an entry level car and that can't be an "option" the same way a backup camera is an option. A 228i and M235i are different models for a reason... You can't have an M2 with the N55 and an optional S55 without registering it and having it imported as a separate model like perhaps M2 CSL for instance...
      07-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #20
BigTuna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: yes

Hopefully there will be silver 19" wheel option or I'll get an F80.

Will individual colors be available? The 4 standard ones are pretty weak.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #21
Bamowe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Future M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post

Get an F80.
Appreciate 5
      07-28-2015, 01:51 PM   #22
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post

Seriously? You're gonna choose the F80 just because the M2 wheels are partly black? To each their own, but I don't get that
Appreciate 6