BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Akrapovic Exhaust Group Buy

12-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Akrapovic Exhaust Group Buy

This came up in the exhaust mega thread.

I got some pricing but was asked not to post the pricing publicly to protect the dealers and vendors.

If we get a total of 6 people together, we should be able to get a fairly decent discount on the slip on systems for the M2 Competition.

If you are serious and want to know the pricing, send me a PM please so that I can let you know of the pricing.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

We price match without the need for a group buy.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
JeremyDFW458.00
Poochie9104.50
      12-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #3
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We price match without the need for a group buy.
Mike always making things spicy
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
Mike always making things spicy

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 06:34 PM   #5
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Very curious about pricing...

Slip on + AA mid would be a great combo.
      12-23-2019, 09:44 PM   #6
atc5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, Bolt, 98 Type R

The want is real for catted downpipes for the m2c
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Ok, without going into specifics, would the discounted pricing be competitive with Remus?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 01:43 AM   #8
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastq View Post
Ok, without going into specifics, would the discounted pricing be competitive with Remus?
It will be the second best investment you can buy for this car. You will not regret it. NO video does it justice. It sounds wayyyy better the m3/4. Really takes this car to the next level
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #9
MyM2See
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

PM'd
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #10
iBrakeLate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

The group buy is off people. I want to respect the vendors of the forums and also the strict retail pricing from Akrapovic. The vendors are most likely unable to match the pricing, but that being said there could be a lot of complications if the pricing was publicly posted or gotten out to one of the dealers. I asked my contact nicely to honor me the pricing that was provided for the group buy and showed them the thread, long story short, I've ordered my own system with the pricing they were offering for the group buy.

I tried to help but as mentioned above don't want to step on any toes here. Hopefully the vendors can give you guys some good deals.

Also to answer the pricing question regarding if it is close to Remus, unlike most people think there is not a huge margin on products like Akrapovic, the quick answer to that is NO, not remus priced, but then again it is not a Remus exhaust either, Akrapovic is a whole other level of product when it comes to quality and the amount of development that goes into each individual product line.

I'll tell you this much, that the group buy discount was in the 4 digits as the total dollar amount for discount.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #11
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post
The group buy is off people. I want to respect the vendors of the forums and also the strict retail pricing from Akrapovic. The vendors are most likely unable to match the pricing, but that being said there could be a lot of complications if the pricing was publicly posted or gotten out to one of the dealers. I asked my contact nicely to honor me the pricing that was provided for the group buy and showed them the thread, long story short, I've ordered my own system with the pricing they were offering for the group buy.

I tried to help but as mentioned above don't want to step on any toes here. Hopefully the vendors can give you guys some good deals.

Also to answer the pricing question regarding if it is close to Remus, unlike most people think there is not a huge margin on products like Akrapovic, the quick answer to that is NO, not remus priced, but then again it is not a Remus exhaust either, Akrapovic is a whole other level of product when it comes to quality and the amount of development that goes into each individual product line.

I'll tell you this much, that the group buy discount was in the 4 digits as the total dollar amount for discount.
Really? That's an amazing discount then. I think a lot of us who have posted so far are interested, any way we can learn more?
      12-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #12
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Ryan from IND is who you seek.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #13
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrakeLate View Post

Yes, agree on the quality point, I think that is a given. I just posed the question since it would make it even more compelling to have a higher quality product at comparable pricing. Even $1K off makes it pretty exciting.

I haven't had the opportunity to hear one in person, but would assume it's an impressive set-up. In videos, I prefer Remus sport/AA mid, but videos obfuscate the true tone of the sound.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #14
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

If there's a vendor in this thread who can match the pricing OP is talking about, DM me and I'll buy!!
      12-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #15
MyM2See
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

I actually think OP should have posted his price. It is what it is, and if the vendors can't match that then deal with it. If for some reason posting the price would have break the rules, then there is obvious control of prices going in the forums and it just wouldnt look good.

Either way, 4 digit discount? If vendor can match, ill place my order
Appreciate 2
omak81148.00
      12-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #16
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM2See View Post
I actually think OP should have posted his price. It is what it is, and if the vendors can't match that then deal with it. If for some reason posting the price would have break the rules, then there is obvious control of prices going in the forums and it just wouldnt look good.

Either way, 4 digit discount? If vendor can match, ill place my order
It's the same as your employer getting upset when employees share salaries with each other...

I'll echo the same, if whoever in this thread offered a 4 digit discount I'll give them my CC number today.
      12-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #17
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
It's the same as your employer getting upset when employees share salaries with each other...
Yes, but you are all legally entitled to tell your coworker how much you make, and (often) to feel like crap when they respond with how much more they make. :-) You would also, unless you signed something, be legally OK with a forum post about a discount, but I wouldn't expect to maintain a good relationship with a vendor if I stabbed them in the back.

I've been running the Akrapovic exhaust (stock mid-pipe) for almost two months now. It really is just brilliant. I'm not an exhaust-sound-perfectionist, but the thing has generated more grins per mile than I was expecting it to. Worth the money, discount or no discount.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 09:02 AM   #18
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

did you get the full system or just the muffler?

SD garage in Escondido, CA is also an Akrapovic dealer. you can try asking them for exhaust pricing.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #19
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

Resonators and mid-pipe are still stock, and I have pretty much zero desire to go any further with it. I like the noises it makes, and I like that it shuts up in Efficient mode for crawling through the quiet neighborhoods without risking anyone's ire. Also, my SO thinks it looks great but overall he hates that it makes as much noise as it does. He's the exact opposite of a car person (he recently spent a grand on a frickin' wallet in Tokyo but refused to get the M Sport package on his incoming 530e...), so that's a vote in the thing's favor.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #20
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Yes, but you are all legally entitled to tell your coworker how much you make, and (often) to feel like crap when they respond with how much more they make. :-)
Unless things are different in the US, every corporate company I have worked for has a non disclosure clause in their policies. There is a new trend where some companies have an open book policy on wages but this is quite small.

On a side note replacing with the akra mid pipe still is super quiet in efficient mode. When not a different story. Either way if it makes you smile that's all that counts. 👍
      12-31-2019, 05:42 AM   #21
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

That isn't as common here. There have been recent court cases that have reaffirmed our right to get pissy when we blab about our pay and find out that Fred in the next cubicle makes a dime more an hour. I'm in IT management and I agree with the court rulings. Pay disparities that can't be accounted for by seniority or other valid factors are almost universally caused by favoritism or other unethical issues. Even attributing differences to "he/she negotiated their salary better" is kind of crap in my industry as negotiation skills aren't relevant to being a Windows Systems Admin or Network Engineer. I want folk who are good at that, not good at convincing HR to give them another buck. I would have no problem with my folk discussing their pay with each other. I know exactly why each one makes what they do (we're Federal Contractors...I HAVE to be able to justify what I'm paying them).

Back on subject, I was on the road next to the world's loudest STI yesterday. That car was an example of a vehicle that was just too loud. I don't think my car is nearly as loud as his (I hope) and I'm absolutely sure that I like the way my car sounds more than his. Also, his car appears to be slow. :-)
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      01-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #22
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
He's the exact opposite of a car person (he recently spent a grand on a frickin' wallet in Tokyo but refused to get the M Sport package on his incoming 530e...), so that's a vote in the thing's favor.
I feel your pain. My SO has told me one of her life goals is to never own a car.

To each their own i guess.....
Appreciate 0