BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #815
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
12052
Rep
10,208
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
But, I suppose that really is a testament to how passionately people feel about BMW cars. I mean, you only fly into a rage over things you're truly passionate about, right?
[...]
I mean, the reality is that BMW accidentally fell ass-backward into success with the 2002, back in 1969, right? From what I understand 2 BMW engineers stuck a 2 liter engine into their 1.6L 1600's for their own personal use, and discovered how awesomely fun the car was to drive, and shared their insights with the board, and that's how the 2002 was born. And suddenly BMW was the car that every responsible family man could buy to do all the grown up, responsible things you're supposed to do as an adult, while also having a fun sporty experience.
Name:  BMW_Fanatics.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  119.8 KB
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #816
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4613
Rep
5,068
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea, some coupes are notoriously difficult to get a baby into. I use to witness a friend muscling his child into the tight back of his Eclipse and I felt his pain and discomfort.

After seeing that, I started pulling out.. 🚫👶🏻

J/k



OMG, I was eating cheesecake and actually spit some out laughing. Jesus!

You know, I honestly have been quite mystified at how angry some folks seem about the pricing of the M2CS
He he.. Sorry..

I believe all this animosity towards the CS stems from it hefty price now becoming a reality. It's simply out of reach for a lot of people, including myself and that translates into anger for them.

Folks assume that BMW owns them something for being a consumer but in Free Market, they only own it to their shareholders and heirs, to make a profit.

If they want to put together a "parts-bin" vehicle and price it above the norms, it's within their rights. And it's up to the consumer to vote with their wallet.

As they say, It's nothing personal..

The whole Porsche comparison also is asinine but I entertain it because an M car is above a standard BMW and a Porsche is like graduating to the next level, in terms of performance.

However, they're an apple to oranges in terms of price and practicality, If that's reason you originally gravitated towards a 2-series, 4 seater platform.

For me personally, it was more the price and size, as I don't need the back seats, so a transition a a 2 seater won't be that detrimental. Some potential consumers doesn't have that luxury, so the M2 makes their situation work.

I can't bring myself to spend 85k for a CS but I still appreciate that it exist and look forward to the reviews. I feel at this juncture, I'm going to hold out and see what they toss in with final model year of the M2C and then upgrade.

Hopefully, I could possible snag one with Adaptive Suspension and a sunroof for 60k OTD when the model sunsets. That's would be divine and would leave me with no regrets.
Appreciate 1
///AVM575.50

      12-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #817
akkando
Brigadier General
3362
Rep
4,465
Posts

Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea, some coupes are notoriously difficult to get a baby into. I use to witness a friend muscling his child into the tight back of his Eclipse and I felt his pain and discomfort.

After seeing that, I started pulling out..

J/k



OMG, I was eating cheesecake and actually spit some out laughing. Jesus!

You know, I honestly have been quite mystified at how angry some folks seem about the pricing of the M2CS
He he.. Sorry..

I believe all this animosity towards the CS stems from it hefty price now becoming a reality. It's simply out of reach for a lot of people, including myself and that translates into anger for them.

Folks assume that BMW owns them something for being a consumer but in Free Market, they only own it to their shareholders and heirs, to make a profit.

If they want to put together a "parts-bin" vehicle and price it above the norms, it's within their rights. And it's up to the consumer to vote with their wallet.

As they say, It's nothing personal..

The whole Porsche comparison also is asinine but I entertain it because an M car is above a standard BMW and a Porsche is like graduating to the next level, in terms of performance.

However, they're an apple to oranges in terms of price and practicality, If that's reason you originally gravitated towards a 2-series, 4 seater platform. For me it was more the price and size, I personally don't need the back seats, so a transition a a 2 seater won't be that detrimental. Some potential consumers doesn't have that luxury.

I can't bring myself to spend 85k for a CS but I still appreciate that it exist and look forward to the reviews. I feel at this juncture, I'm going to hold out and see what they toss in with final model year of the M2C to upgrade.

Hopefully, I could possible snag one with Adaptive Suspension and a sunroof for 60k OTD when the model sunsets. That's would be divine and would leave me with no regrets.
You say it's animosity because the price is out of reach. Then you say it's consumers voting with their wallet which is it?

Voting with your wallet implies it could be purchased.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #818
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
73
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2audioman View Post
Let's be real...even a 718 S is a better car than this M2 CS. The M2 CS is just a M Perf parts bin special. Nothing unique about it at all. The 718 is a track scalpel. One of the best cars on the planet to drive.

Let's not even begin the used car discussion....You can get a 2017 991.2 S certified with low mileage for around $85K-$90K as well. Again, this M2 CS is simply not worth the price no matter how you slice it.
What are you talking about? In the hockenheim track it beat out the 718 GTS which correct me if I’m wrong, it’s a level above the S? The 718GT4 beat the CS by .8 seconds so not sure where you are getting these sources from?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #819
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4613
Rep
5,068
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yea, some coupes are notoriously difficult to get a baby into. I use to witness a friend muscling his child into the tight back of his Eclipse and I felt his pain and discomfort.

After seeing that, I started pulling out..

J/k



OMG, I was eating cheesecake and actually spit some out laughing. Jesus!

You know, I honestly have been quite mystified at how angry some folks seem about the pricing of the M2CS
He he.. Sorry..

I believe all this animosity towards the CS stems from it hefty price now becoming a reality. It's simply out of reach for a lot of people, including myself and that translates into anger for them.

Folks assume that BMW owns them something for being a consumer but in Free Market, they only own it to their shareholders and heirs, to make a profit.

If they want to put together a "parts-bin" vehicle and price it above the norms, it's within their rights. And it's up to the consumer to vote with their wallet.

As they say, It's nothing personal..

The whole Porsche comparison also is asinine but I entertain it because an M car is above a standard BMW and a Porsche is like graduating to the next level, in terms of performance.

However, they're an apple to oranges in terms of price and practicality, If that's reason you originally gravitated towards a 2-series, 4 seater platform. For me it was more the price and size, I personally don't need the back seats, so a transition a a 2 seater won't be that detrimental. Some potential consumers doesn't have that luxury.

I can't bring myself to spend 85k for a CS but I still appreciate that it exist and look forward to the reviews. I feel at this juncture, I'm going to hold out and see what they toss in with final model year of the M2C to upgrade.

Hopefully, I could possible snag one with Adaptive Suspension and a sunroof for 60k OTD when the model sunsets. That's would be divine and would leave me with no regrets.
You say it's animosity because the price is out of reach. Then you say it's consumers voting with their wallet which is it?

Voting with your wallet implies it could be purchased.
It was a general statement on how the free market operates, not directed or matter to an outlier vehicle that no would even have the opportunity to purchase.

Don't lose any sleep over it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #820
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
791
Rep
11,612
Posts

Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Upland, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
We are not fanatics...
We are greedy.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 5
Poochie4612.50
clee1982668.00
Fuller1140.50
qnet546.50

      12-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #821
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2404
Rep
3,987
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
My biggest problem with the M2CS is that the back seats don’t fold down anymore. It won’t carry my bicycle inside the car. That is a no sale for me. I am not sure why they did that or didn’t make it an option.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #822
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4613
Rep
5,068
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
My biggest problem with the M2CS is that the back seats don't fold down anymore.
The back seats do fold in, I saw someone do it on a YouTube video..

Before it sways your decision, I suggest you verify that it doesn't, I pretty sure it does..
Appreciate 1
clee1982668.00

      12-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #823
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
73
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

In addition, the M2 CS is still lighter as well. BMW confirms the weight to be at 3,417 lbs with a manual and without CCB. So this is a 3,387 lb car with CCB. M2 comp with a manual tips the scale at 3,582 lbs so the weight difference is quite a difference when you consider 165lbs plus the 39 extra ponies. So I can easily see this in the green hell doing at minimum 10 seconds faster than the Comp which is a LOT!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #824
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5178
Rep
16,052
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
In addition, the M2 CS is still lighter as well. BMW confirms the weight to be at 3,417 lbs with a manual and without CCB. So this is a 3,387 lb car with CCB. M2 comp with a manual tips the scale at 3,582 lbs so the weight difference is quite a difference when you consider 165lbs plus the 39 extra ponies. So I can easily see this in the green hell doing at minimum 10 seconds faster than the Comp which is a LOT!!!
Where did you see that advertised M2CS weight? Also, didn't BMW publish times between the two cars with a half second difference under the same conditions?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #825
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4613
Rep
5,068
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
In addition, the M2 CS is still lighter as well. BMW confirms the weight to be at 3,417 lbs with a manual and without CCB. So this is a 3,387 lb car with CCB. M2 comp with a manual tips the scale at 3,582 lbs so the weight difference is quite a difference when you consider 165lbs plus the 39 extra ponies. So I can easily see this in the green hell doing at minimum 10 seconds faster than the Comp which is a LOT!!!
That's lighter than expected, 3417 is not perfect but it is the the lightest product M2, thus far.

I believe the Adaptive Suspension will make all the difference in the better slalom times between the M2, M2C and the M2 CS.

Look at how Adaptive Suspension helped the M235i lap better times the real 1M. The electronic dampers help keep the vehicle rebound and stiffen, based on the circumstances.The vehicle then stays glued to the road, especially with the proper tires.

BMW engineer are no dummies, if they asking that much for the CS, it going to be worth it.

BMW M235i is Faster On Track Than 1M Coupe (Our 2 Series Interview From Detroit) https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=935130

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ntrol/EBRqGBoO
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #826
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2404
Rep
3,987
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The back seats do fold in, I saw someone do it on a YouTube video..

Before it sways your decision, I suggest you verify that it doesn't, I pretty sure it does..
Every article I have seen says the back seats are fixed. https://gtspirit.com/2019/09/23/450h...020-bmw-m2-cs/
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:59 PM   #827
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
73
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Where did you see that advertised M2CS weight? Also, didn't BMW publish times between the two cars with a half second difference under the same conditions?

Go to page one where the guy said the price and you will see updated. Click on the link and BMW themselves said it is 3,417

Times have yet to be released but at minimum, it will definitely be 10 seconds faster as I am estimating. I would be surprised if it’s more of course
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #828
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4613
Rep
5,068
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The back seats do fold in, I saw someone do it on a YouTube video..

Before it sways your decision, I suggest you verify that it doesn't, I pretty sure it does..
Every article I have seen says the back seats are fixed. https://gtspirit.com/2019/09/23/450h...020-bmw-m2-cs/
I knew I wasn't that intoxicated..


Forward to 6:52


Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:03 PM   #829
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
73
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Where did you see that advertised M2CS weight? Also, didn't BMW publish times between the two cars with a half second difference under the same conditions?
My apologies. I saw the curb weight at the BMWblog.com website.

Typically they do have the right info. At least the previous M2 rumors etc they were spot on.

The article even quotes that BMW said its was 3,417
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:07 PM   #830
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
5178
Rep
16,052
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Where did you see that advertised M2CS weight? Also, didn't BMW publish times between the two cars with a half second difference under the same conditions?
My apologies. I saw the curb weight at the BMWblog.com website.

Typically they do have the right info. At least the previous M2 rumors etc they were spot on.

The article even quotes that BMW said its was 3,417
Yeah, because the update link has "TBA" for gross weight and curb weight. I would like to see one weighed up against an M2C to see how big the difference truly is. Props if that claimed weight is proven accurate.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #831
///M2NYC15
Private First Class
United_States
73
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yeah, because the update link has "TBA" for gross weight and curb weight. I would like to see one weighed up against an M2C to see how big the difference truly is. Props if that claimed weight is proven accurate.
Indeed. They are indeed saying curb weight. Gross weight is with passengers. They are definitely saying curb weight.

The M2 comp with a manual is confirmed to be at 3,582 curb weight. With DCT is like 3,600 or more.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan5178.00

      12-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #832
medphysdave
Major
United_States
1074
Rep
1,258
Posts

Drives: F-type SVR; M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

SA said there is no ordering guide posted on their intranet and that usually comes out 2-3 months before first allocations get assigned. He said he was surprised that they specified timeline for deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #833
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
1258
Rep
2,771
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
In addition, the M2 CS is still lighter as well. BMW confirms the weight to be at 3,417 lbs with a manual and without CCB. So this is a 3,387 lb car with CCB. M2 comp with a manual tips the scale at 3,582 lbs so the weight difference is quite a difference when you consider 165lbs plus the 39 extra ponies. So I can easily see this in the green hell doing at minimum 10 seconds faster than the Comp which is a LOT!!!
M CEO Markus Flasch :

“They weigh about the same, all things considered, unless you equip the M2 CS with the carbon ceramic brakes which save about 25 kilograms (55 lbs),” Flasch told us.

“The reason for being the same weight as the M2 Competition, is the additional things we put in.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's lighter than expected, 3417 is not perfect but it is the the lightest product M2, thus far.
Both the M2 Comp and M2 CS were said to be 1550kg(3417lbs) in their press releases. See tech sheets.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...on?language=en

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...cs?language=en
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:33 AM   #834
dezzracer
Captain
United_States
508
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: The Great Mojave Desert

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
85-95k USD (111K to 125K CDN) preTaxes and dealership fees.

Even more expensive than fully loaded M340 with all the M Performance accessories.

Downpayment for a home! 2 M2 CS = 1 Condo home!!
I would rather get a M2 CS at $90k than a M8 Competition at $150k plus. You will definitely feel the weight of the M8.
Makes a 90k M3 CS look like a deal...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #835
hellrotm
Major General
3046
Rep
6,427
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ...Location...Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
My apologies. I saw the curb weight at the BMWblog.com website.

Typically they do have the right info. At least the previous M2 rumors etc they were spot on.

The article even quotes that BMW said its was 3,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's lighter than expected, 3417 is not perfect but it is the the lightest product M2, thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Yeah, because the update link has "TBA" for gross weight and curb weight. I would like to see one weighed up against an M2C to see how big the difference truly is. Props if that claimed weight is proven accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
M CEO Markus Flasch :

“They weigh about the same, all things considered, unless you equip the M2 CS with the carbon ceramic brakes which save about 25 kilograms (55 lbs),” Flasch told us.

“The reason for being the same weight as the M2 Competition, is the additional things we put in.”


Both the M2 Comp and M2 CS were said to be 1550kg(3417lbs) in their press releases. See tech sheets.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...on?language=en

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...cs?language=en
SportAuto has weighed both cars. Their test M2CS was 94lbs less than M2C.

According to M CEO CCB rotors are a 55 lbs(25 kg) savings. So a non-CCB optioned M2 CS is about 39 lbs less.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan5178.00

      12-17-2019, 12:43 AM   #836
dezzracer
Captain
United_States
508
Rep
693
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: The Great Mojave Desert

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Working on x5 (40i) before years end because the Tax law changes in Illinois. This is the change ——Trade in credit will be capped at 10k:

So today if I trade in 100k car and buy 100k car I pay zero tax. If I try the same thing on January 1st the I would pay tax on 90k.

I live in Chicago so I pay 9.5% tax (state, county, Chicago)

I have a 2019 x4 that is worth 45k on trade not great considering it stickered at 63k but "niche car .... No one wants x4 etc etc etc """" . I've gotten quotes as low as 38k, 40k , 43k over the past two weeks.

I am risking losing out on some decent money if I wait for the CS and then the car is over my upper limit. Which it would mostly likely be.

My payoff is actually 49,380. So I would break even. I also have 4250 in rebates and 9.2 discount on a 2020.

My big problem is that there are pretty much just leftovers at this point. Cars with 22s that I don't like. Pretty late in the season for winter sets . Tire rack has one option today. Bad dealer lot builds.



Also tried my luck at m2 comp. seems like ok deal

So I may just sit on the x4 if I don't find a x5 I like within reasonable driving distance .
That is BS. Another tax money grab by totally broke Illinois. Worst credit rating in the U.S. so does not surprise me. I was born there. Moved to NV. No state income tax. Shhh... don't tell anyone.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST