BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > President Trump. [ Hits and Misses Scorecard Thread ]

11-17-2019, 10:17 PM   #8559
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Hopefully it won't turn into another 1989 Tiananmen Square.

Quote:
Police warned they were ready to use live bullets if ďriotersĒ continued to used lethal weapons, amid a dramatic escalation of the unrest that has plunged the Asian financial hub into chaos for almost six months.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN1XR0O2
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #8560
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

CDC estimates 5.3% decile of opioid deaths in the U.S. this year. Thats very good news in this war on American lives and evidence the Commander in Chiefs policy’s are working.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #8561
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
CDC estimates 5.3% decile of opioid deaths in the U.S. this year. Thats very good news in this war on American lives and evidence the Commander in Chiefs policy’s are working.
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the landmark lawsuits in several states which have driven many producers into, or to the brink of, bankruptcy. Bit of a wake-up call for the industry.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #8562
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
CDC estimates 5.3% decile of opioid deaths in the U.S. this year. Thats very good news in this war on American lives and evidence the Commander in Chiefs policyís are working.
I am glad they are on the decline. There are a lot of factors that go into this and I don't care who takes credit for this as long as we continue to go in the correct direction. Win for Trump, sure. I would love to see more of this.

I would like to see rigorous long term drug treatment programs offered for low level offenders and those that want to clean up. Throw in mental health services and we might start to make a change in the homeless issues plaguing our cities.
Appreciate 3
      11-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #8563
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
I am glad they are on the decline. There are a lot of factors that go into this and I don't care who takes credit for this as long as we continue to go in the correct direction. Win for Trump, sure. I would love to see more of this.

I would like to see rigorous long term drug treatment programs offered for low level offenders and those that want to clean up. Throw in mental health services and we might start to make a change in the homeless issues plaguing our cities.
That's really good news.

The real question we should be asking is, what can we do about the overwhelm, the isolation, and the despair that's driving so many people into substance abuse? The drug is just an implement.
      11-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #8564
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Did anyone else get a letter from Melania Trump asking for campaign donations?
      11-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #8565
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with the landmark lawsuits in several states which have driven many producers into, or to the brink of, bankruptcy. Bit of a wake-up call for the industry.
While thatís true to a certain extent, the fact is people addicted to Vicodin and itís kind normally donít say ok Iíll stop now and lead clean and sober lives when their legal supply dries up, they just move to cheaper more easily obtainable illegal opiates to feed the monkey. Oxy was the #1 killer a couple years ago but now itís been surpassed by fentanyl by a lot and heroin secondly. Most fentanyl is illegally coming across our southern border. Not so easy to say hey doc, my knee hurts gimme some fentanyl and walk out scrip in hand.

Trump is working a hell of lot harder then the prior in impeding the flow of killer drugs. As someone who been to funeral of a friends son last year due to the drug Iím glad heís doing his best to stem the tide, unfortunately heís not getting much help from the other side of the aisle who try and stop him more then they do traffickers.
Hereís a wake up for Americas left, many tons of killer poison are sneaking across the border all the time and itís killing our youth and others, fentanyl kills more in just over a year then the number of Americans killed in the whole decade of the Vietnam War.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #8566
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

A 5% decline is within the range of statistical noise and that reduction is only related to prescription opioids. Illegally made opioid deaths increased. Also, meth and cocaine deaths have risen substantially over the past couple of years. You can't focus on one drug at a time. FYI, China and Mexico are the primary sources of illegally made opioids and they are being smuggled across non-walled borders in Mexico. The majority are going through controlled ports.
      11-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #8567
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
While thatís true to a certain extent, the fact is people addicted to Vicodin and itís kind normally donít say ok Iíll stop now and lead clean and sober lives when their legal supply dries up, they just move to cheaper more easily obtainable illegal opiates to feed the monkey. Oxy was the #1 killer a couple years ago but now itís been surpassed by fentanyl by a lot and heroin secondly. Most fentanyl is illegally coming across our southern border. Not so easy to say hey doc, my knee hurts gimme some fentanyl and walk out scrip in hand.

Trump is working a hell of lot harder then the prior in impeding the flow of killer drugs. As someone who been to funeral of a friends son last year due to the drug Iím glad heís doing his best to stem the tide, unfortunately heís not getting much help from the other side of the aisle who try and stop him more then they do traffickers.
Hereís a wake up for Americas left, many tons of killer poison are sneaking across the border all the time and itís killing our youth and others, fentanyl kills more in just over a year then the number of Americans killed in the whole decade of the Vietnam War.
BTW, the most recent stats released by the CDC seems to be from 2017. I can't find your 5.3% drop anywhere.

I've also personally known two people who have died from opioid addiction, and a third who seems so too far gone to get back. Yes, people start at the Dr then follow the same sad trail that seems to always end with readily available H.

What exactly has Trump done to combat opioid addiction? Drugs are being driven in on tractor trailers through checkpoints that already exist. We need a smarter border, not a taller one.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #8568
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
A 5% decline is within the range of statistical noise and that reduction is only related to prescription opioids. Illegally made opioid deaths increased. Also, meth and cocaine deaths have risen substantially over the past couple of years. You can't focus on one drug at a time. FYI, China and Mexico are the primary sources of illegally made opioids and they are being smuggled across non-walled borders in Mexico. The majority are going through controlled ports.
Bingo.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 11:47 AM   #8569
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
That's really good news.

The real question we should be asking is, what can we do about the overwhelm, the isolation, and the despair that's driving so many people into substance abuse? The drug is just an implement.
Most people go from legit prescriptions to addiction. Some are prescribed stimulants, others narcotic pain meds. Mess with brain chemistry and depression usually follows.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #8570
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BTW, the most recent stats released by the CDC seems to be from 2017. I can't find your 5.3% drop anywhere.

I've also personally known two people who have died from opioid addiction, and a third who seems so too far gone to get back. Yes, people start at the Dr then follow the same sad trail that seems to always end with readily available H.

What exactly has Trump done to combat opioid addiction? Drugs are being driven in on tractor trailers through checkpoints that already exist. We need a smarter border, not a taller one.
Saw it on the news this morning and like I said it was a CDC estimate at this time. Likely since it’s not the end of the year yet.
Here’s just a quick one to help answer your first question, I’m sure you can research and find a bunch more. Stemming the flow is a huge part of improving the problem
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...opioid-crisis/

The left wants to do away with ICE and Border Patrol, have open borders. You defend those brilliant ideals? Yes drugs are being driven across the border through legal routes at checkpoints and guess what? If there’s less Border Patrol there more will getting through.
You seem to, no surprise, to be ignoring the many tunnels the cartels dig under the walls that get exposed once in a while and we see the amount of time and effort they go through to get tons of shit through to our citizens or videos of mules quickly climbing the old fences with bundles of drugs strapped to their backs you can easily find that on YouTube also.
They’re not bringing their laundry or even weed here on their backs but very expensive opiates, fentanyl from China among them, that’s where the money is.

Walls! Let’s talk walls. You bet smarter, dug deeper, multiple tiers tier and indeed taller and harder to monkey over. Walls in prisons aren’t just smart walls with sensors on them but built in the way which keeps them where they belong.

It’s plain common sense which the left refuses to discuss because they already admit they want open borders. All those things that help keep illegal aliens and drugs out hurt their agenda of flooding the land with future potential dem voters not caring who’s kids might get killed in the process. They’re expendable to get those needed votes, at all costs. Selling the bodies of our children to stay in power for themselves. Maybe if their kids died more often like the latest Kennedy kid died of a OD they might get it, no they won’t, they’re too power hungry to even care.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #8571
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bingo.
You do realize that's impossible thing to say. We donít know how much is going through the legal crossings nor do we know how much is going through illegal crossings. Iím sure you can figure out why itís impossible to reach that conclusion at least I think you can. The fact that you gave the ole bing kinds scares me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:30 PM   #8572
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
You do realize that's impossible thing to say. We donít know how much is going through the legal crossings nor do we know how much is going through illegal crossings. Iím sure you can figure out why itís impossible to reach that conclusion at least I think you can. The fact that you gave the ole bing kinds scares me.
It's not an impossible thing to say. Drug traffickers themselves have said the majority are smuggled in via fishing boats, trains, tractor-trailers and ordinary cars. Hell, it even came up during the El Chapo trial. Truck drivers who have been busted even gave the rates they charged the cartels.

You're probably right, it's likely being muled in the cavities of the women and children wrapped in foil blankets at the detention centers. That's much more realistic.

Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #8573
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not an impossible thing to say. Drug traffickers themselves have said the majority are smuggled in via fishing boats, trains, tractor-trailers and ordinary cars. Hell, it even came up during the El Chapo trial. Truck drivers who have been busted even gave the rates they charged the cartels.

You're probably right, it's likely being muled in the cavities of the women and children wrapped in foil blankets at the detention centers. That's much more realistic.
So then you must have exact numbers of poundage of all the drugs smuggled across the border at these legal US checkpoints and non legal crossings that weren’t apprehended.

Narco traffickers always tell the truth, and who gives a shit what truckers charge, it’s totally irrelevant. You let us know when you come up the a amount that came across that’s wasn't stopped. Preposterous

Not your ridiculous mother and child scenario but more like this, as I already said. But you go right ahead and keep your head in the sand that the cartels dig out to get shit here.
https://www.businessinsider.com/insi...-border-2016-4

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-18-2019 at 12:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:40 PM   #8574
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Hit- SCOTUS Justice Roberts says ďindefinite delayĒ to the release of Trumps taxes.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #8575
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Hit- SCOTUS Justice Roberts says ďindefinite delayĒ to the release of Trumps taxes.
Why? What is Trump hiding?
      11-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #8576
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
You're right. We should definitely build more walls to combat the tunnels.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #8577
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
The level of hypocrisy is off the charts.

Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #8578
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're right. We should definitely build more walls to combat the tunnels.
You refuse to admit that I already posted smarter and deeper. Those two things would help combat that, now wouldn’t it? When you have a poor argument that’s the last resort, pretend you didn’t see or hear something, just like it never happened. Wow

Still waiting on your not captured drug poundage count.

Last edited by N54Yankee; 11-18-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #8579
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
You refuse to admit that I already posted smarter and deeper. Those two things would help combat that, now wouldnít it? When you have a poor argument thatís the last resort, pretend you didnít see or hear something, just like it never happened. Wow
I've already responded to you. You didn't like my response and called it irrelevant and preposterous. You've seen a video on youtube of a guy muling a brick over the border wall and now that's a primary way millions of pounds of drugs are getting in. You said nobody has the answer yet you're completely sure I'm wrong because it doesn't support your theory. Then you say I'm for open borders. There's not much more for me to say to you.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #8580
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
I've already responded to you. You didn't like my response and called it irrelevant and preposterous. You've seen a video on youtube of a guy muling a brick over the border wall and now that's a primary way millions of pounds of drugs are getting in. You said nobody has the answer yet you're completely sure I'm wrong because it doesn't support your theory. Then you say I'm for open borders. There's not much more for me to say to you.
This meme says it all.....
Attached Images