BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Dilemma - C450AMG or M2

04-01-2016, 04:18 AM   #67
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
personally these are the 2 cars i've been looking at.

and i drive a BMW right now. and i feel like i'm gonna get flamed for this, but its the internet and i dont care.

i have 2 things to say. all the over 50, etc jokes for people who buy mercedes really need to stop. seriously people who make these type of jokes, grow the f up.

I'm 35 by the way. the fact people even judge your sense of energy or youth or really anything based on what make and model of car you drive is ridiculous. theres perfectly good reasons to buy either car, and either car is a good choice for perfectly good reasons. i've noticed, really just in my 3 and change years of owning a bmw, that BMW seems to attract the "slightly grown up rice rocket owner from 10-15 years ago" types. i'm not saying bmw owners are all like that or even most of them. but that segment of the population, the slightly more grown up subaru and jdm types apparently become that same segment of the BMW populace. and really , grow up people. you moved from justifying your manhood in high school with the wing you put on your civic, to trying to tell people who otherwise love cars but aren't the "i want to lord it over others and make myself feel better" bro segment of the population, that you still are masking any sort of confidence in yourself, and try to put people down based on their car choices.

you are just as bad as the people who buy muscle cars / pick ups and get a hard on for it.
You're funny. Mr High Horse: "Don't judge people by what they drive, while I judge people by what they drive!'
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #68
thebiglubinsky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
personally these are the 2 cars i've been looking at.

and i drive a BMW right now. and i feel like i'm gonna get flamed for this, but its the internet and i dont care.

i have 2 things to say. all the over 50, etc jokes for people who buy mercedes really need to stop. seriously people who make these type of jokes, grow the f up.

I'm 35 by the way. the fact people even judge your sense of energy or youth or really anything based on what make and model of car you drive is ridiculous. theres perfectly good reasons to buy either car, and either car is a good choice for perfectly good reasons. i've noticed, really just in my 3 and change years of owning a bmw, that BMW seems to attract the "slightly grown up rice rocket owner from 10-15 years ago" types. i'm not saying bmw owners are all like that or even most of them. but that segment of the population, the slightly more grown up subaru and jdm types apparently become that same segment of the BMW populace. and really , grow up people. you moved from justifying your manhood in high school with the wing you put on your civic, to trying to tell people who otherwise love cars but aren't the "i want to lord it over others and make myself feel better" bro segment of the population, that you still are masking any sort of confidence in yourself, and try to put people down based on their car choices.

you are just as bad as the people who buy muscle cars / pick ups and get a hard on for it.
Somebody's having a sensitive day....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 01:19 AM   #69
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

i don't even really get you guys just said. but really intelligent discourse about cars vs fanboyism is really what i'm getting at.

go ahead and jerk each other off to your roundels i guess thast what this forum is really for
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #70
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss

New video of the Mercedes-AMG C43 on the 'Ring:

Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #71
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Order guides for the Cabriolet, Sedan, Coupe.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf MY17_C-Cab_DOG_5.2.2016_KE_HS.pdf (2.62 MB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf MY17_C-Class_DOG_5.3.2016.pdf (3.75 MB, 1122 views)
File Type: pdf MY17_C-Coupe_DOG_5.2.2016_KE_HS_EA_web.pdf (3.64 MB, 390 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 07:12 PM   #72
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
I had a C32 AMG, been there done that. MB is not even close compared to a BMW. On paper may be, otherwise no.

Not to mention the poor design of the plastic transmission cooler pipe running through the radiator that cracked and sucked coolant into and destroyed my transmission.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #73
Bmwbb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Only c63 amg. Otherwise no c
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #74
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

The only Merc I'd want is a C63 wagon. It enrages me that BMW refuse to make a wagon version of the M3. I would already have bought one if they did. Anyway, I've just never been particularly excited by Merc's range. I did buy a B180, which is our second car. The car is great, but the dealership experience is garbage compared to BMW. They don't have free servicing over the life of the lease (something that has made me BMW convert) they refused to accept my professional membership (which BMW did) and they seem uninterested in selling me any more cars (unlike BMW who seem determined to loan me every car in their range when I service my car).

I like Merc interiors. The interior in almost every BMW bar up-specced 5, 6 and X series and 7 series is just barely acceptable in comparison, though no one buys a BMW for the interior. For a family car and long distance hauler, I would buy a C63 in a heartbeat, though I know I would hate the purchasing experience and having to pay to service the thing, as I've been spoiled the last 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #75
G8rGrl
Lieutenant
Rep

Appreciate 0