BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > M Performance Exhaust

08-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #265
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saam_99 View Post
hi guys, I am a new owner from Spain. I want ask you something:
I had a MPE installed, but always I turn off the car, I have to pulse the button installed in the trunk for activating remote controller bluetoot, so for me it is so irritating do is again againÖ
So anyone knows the way for having the exhaust flaps always open in track mode?? unplugged the flaps in the exhaust maybe??
can anyone help me?
thanks.
Regarding the MPE on the original M2 and M2 LCI: 'The MPE Hack':
  • to keep the valve permanently closed: either don't use the remote control or click the MPE master switch inside the trunk from "I" to "O" position or disconnect the grey cable plug when the valve is in position "closed";
  • to keep the valve permanently open: disconnect the grey cable plug when the valve is in position "open" (disconnection while engine is turning).
The MPE actuator is kind of 'brain dead' when the grey cable plug is disconnected. The valve remains in the last position prior to disconnection.

100% reversible, no error codes, no modification, no programming, no pairing or re-pairing, only takes a few seconds, zero engineering knowledge required and $0 - it's as simple like that.

jas159850.00

08-18-2019, 05:03 AM   #266
squixs
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Iíve to screw the bolt in the endtips every week otherwise theyíre rattling. Do you guys use locktite or something? Iím also looking for some kind of thin foil/tape which I can place between the exhaust and tips but havenít found what I need.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #267
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB LCI M2

MPE Sports Mode Coding

Has anyone successfully coded the Sports Mode, to open the Valves / Flap on the MPE, without having to activate via the Bluetooth controller.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #268
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

If I'm not mistaken it's not possible due to the MPE system being completely independent from the stock exhaust valve actuator. You plug it into the MPE simply to not get any error codes.

Even if valves are closed and you're at 7000 RPM, they don't open automatically, unlike stock/other exhausts.

I just open it and then unplug the MPE controller . The bluetooth issues associated with this exhaust are just too much to put up with.

09-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #269
mr_lab_rat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

I did a bit of a research into this because the BT controller is pain in the ass.

The cheapest way to do this is to source couple of actuators from any non-M BMW (actually the stock OG M2 without MPE also uses that part number).
You replace the MPE actuators with those, add a Y connector (OEM part for some M performance model), and plug it into a connector that was disconnected during the MPE install.

Total cost would be $200-$300 depending on where you get the actuators.

Here is one of the threads where we talked about it - https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ght=mpe+wiring
Appreciate 1
bmwm2nyc232.50

09-06-2019, 03:33 PM   #270
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Has anyone successfully coded the Sports Mode, to open the Valves / Flap on the MPE, without having to activate via the Bluetooth controller.
For a hack that does not require any works, does not throw error codes, is 100% reversible and costs $0: see here.

09-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #271
EM240
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M2 LCI; 17 M240ix; '19 Taco

Does anyone know how to pair a used Bluetooth remote with the MPE (already installed)? Just bought a lightly used M2 (unbelievable spec!) and bought a remote off someone on here and my local dealer was kind of clueless when I first asked about pairing it. I havenít taken delivery yet as still waiting on title but very interested in getting my ducks in a row.

Iíve read you can reset ECU in trunk with a pen but not exactly sure how to pair

Last edited by EM240; 09-09-2019 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #272
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM240 View Post
Does anyone know how to pair a used Bluetooth remote with the MPE (already installed)? Just bought a lightly used M2 (unbelievable spec!) and bought a remote off someone on here and my local dealer was kind of clueless when I first asked about pairing it. I haven’t taken delivery yet as still waiting on title but very interested in getting my ducks in a row.
I’ve read you can reset ECU in trunk with a pen but not exactly sure how to pair
See here (MPE Pairing thread: see here):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
I lost connection to mine and from what I read online you have to press and hold the remote button for 15-20 seconds while holding it right next to the module in the trunk. Do this while the module is on. Worked for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Hold down the button for about 10-15 seconds close to the controller box in the trunk.
Should re-pair right up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiesowns View Post
Try this:
Replace the battery first on the bluetooth controller
then:
While the switch is off in the trunk, hold down the remote for roughly 5 seconds, continue holding it then flip the switch on in the trunk. after 5 seconds release the button...
Then: double press the remote and see what happens
And in case you did the 'MPE hack' (permanently open or closed valves: see here): no re-pairing required after plugging the grey plug back into the MPE module.
      01-30-2020, 10:40 AM   #273
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

Been looking at these...anyone know the difference? Have them?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #274
jenks.chris106
Jenkies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340I, 2020 M2 Compet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks.chris106 View Post
Is the only difference the m2, m2c? Totally not compatible?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 01:02 PM   #275
Anthony1s
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenks.chris106 View Post
Yes, the difference is they are for two different engines.

The M2 MPE is a singe pipe catback
The M2C MPE is dual pipes
      03-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #276
jibe
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Hi all,

I'm from France and I bought recently an LCI 2018 M2 with a manual gearbox (not a competition) in Germany and I'm currently looking for an M Performance exhaust who is not sold anymore in Europe.

I try to buy it on leebmann24 but they told me that the M Perf exhaust is not compatible. I recently contacted a french independent dealership who told me that the part can fit.

I try to get the information from myself but I cant' find anywhere if the part can fit to my vehicle or not, I called BMW France and they can't help me.

I saw some 2018 M2 and some press vehicule with the exhaust installed.

My car is under warranty and I don't want to loose it, if I install this exhaust.

Can someone heard about an incompatibility between a 2018 LCI M2 with manual gearbox and the M Perf exhaust ?
Appreciate 0