BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > A couple of Akraprovic exhaust questions

07-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
mattdev
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Question A couple of Akraprovic exhaust questions

I think we can all agree that the stock muffler on the M2C looks stupid as heck, so I think the only mod I really want to do to the car is replace the exhaust ASAP. Since this is my first brand new BMW, I do have a couple of stupid questions about the Akrapovic axleback exhaust for the M2C:
  • Will the exhaust void my warranty? Brand new car and this is the last thing I want.
  • Do they need to cut the old exhaust? If so, how difficult is it to revert if for some reason I want to? (I won't)
  • I've seen on Akraprovic's site that they have this weird bluetooth bluetooth valve opener. Does this exhaust work with the stock valve controls or do I need to buy this extra thing?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdev View Post
Will the exhaust void my warranty?
No.

Quote:
Do they need to cut the old exhaust?
Yes: if you only buy the slip-on system.

No: if you buy the link pipe set (extra $2500).

Quote:
If so, how difficult is it to revert if for some reason I want to? (I won't)
You could probably clamp the old exhaust back on without issue.

Quote:
I've seen on Akraprovic's site that they have this weird bluetooth bluetooth valve opener. Does this exhaust work with the stock valve controls or do I need to buy this extra thing?
You don't have to buy their valve control system. There are other/cheaper alternatives that would probably work in it's place (CG VSC-2) or you could choose not to use a valve controller at all and leave the valve control up to the car - like it is from the factory.
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2019, 12:00 AM   #3
vale007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e82 1 M coupe

at supersprint you need no bluetooth set, it works like the oem version (valve opening).

the silencer is that small, that you really don’t see it from behind - there are 80mm tips in black called GTS style also, than it looks like stock tips. (or carbon, silber, chrome, polished)

you could choose 3 different midpipe versions or ask for a custom version, i ask for 2x100cell and it sounds awesome.. quite when valve close, sporty when open

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
mattdev
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
No.

Yes: if you only buy the slip-on system.

No: if you buy the link pipe set (extra $2500).

You could probably clamp the old exhaust back on without issue.

You don't have to buy their valve control system. There are other/cheaper alternatives that would probably work in it's place (CG VSC-2) or you could choose not to use a valve controller at all and leave the valve control up to the car - like it is from the factory.
Thank you! Now the next important question; glossy carbon fiber, or matte carbon fiber?
Appreciate 0