BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Active Autowerke Midpipe Power Increase + Rasp Free Sound!

01-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #45
David@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceramic Rabbit View Post
Why would air be flowing the wrong direction out of the stock pipes then? That doesn't make any sense to me.
The banks finally mix in the stock system inside of the first resonator. Since there is a restriction after it, the path of least resistance is back out of the other bank.

Here's a blog post about the mid pipe when it was first released:

https://activeautowerkeblog.wordpres...ilt-overnight/
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #46
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Not a good time for California residents.

Said it before, and I'll probably say it again (not picking on your). The only change is that it's no longer a correctable violation. The actually exhaust law has been in place since the late 50s and updated it 1998. So if you didn't get a ticket last year, you won't this year. Also, if it's that big of a deal, keep the stock exhaust and if you get a ticket, swap and get tested.
I get what you're saying and you're right but now that there is so much more emphasis on the 'issue', cops will be more inclined than ever looking for would-be violators than before.

Something similar happened here in NYC; 'using your cell phone while driving' was always a just a fine here under distracted driver rules but once the legislatures made it a point-based system violation; cops began breaking records on how many summons they handed out for the same exact incident. So there's that.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #47
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I get what you're saying and you're right but now that there is so much more emphasis on the 'issue', cops will be more inclined than ever looking for would-be violators than before.

Something similar happened here in NYC; 'using you cell phone while driving' was always a just a fine here under distracted driver rules but once the legislatures made it a point-based system violation; cops began breaking records on how many summons they handed out for the same exact incident. So there's that.
Yeah, and I totally get that. I truly believe in a month we'll all be back to the status quo. They'll be something else that's new and hot that will have people's attention. Also, at least in my area, cops just don't care. Unless you are doing something dumb in front of a cop or your exhaust is truly excessively loud, they have other things to do.
Appreciate 0