BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Upgrade advice (charge pipe, FMIC, Tune, etc)

06-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #23
Sundinisagod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrl8d View Post
Thanks a lot for the help!

You are right about the wagner. I originally thought that was one of the better ones when I bought it, but I looked around on the forums and see a lot of people mentioning that it threw a code.

I have heard the CSF intercooler can have fitment issues with certain charge pipes. Where you going to change the charge pipes as well?

Luckily the gas around me seems to be very good. I haven't had an issue with any of my cars previously as long as I stick to Shell 93 Premium. but thats good advice to start it at the lower octane setting.
The Wagner sport cat is one of the better ones. It’s just not guaranteed to not throw a CEL. The ones that are cost roughly double. It won’t be an issue once you’re tuned.

I’m going with FTP charge pipe with the CSF. It’s the most commonly used cp with CSF from what I can see. The is a good install thread on this forum.

You’re lucky to have Shell 93, but I’d still recommend starting with stage 2 91 tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 03:48 PM   #24
Sundinisagod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I don't want the smell at all

Getting the HJS 300 Cell Euro 6 Cat
The Active Autowerke sport cat is 400 cell, so theoretically, it should have the least smell…but also the least noise.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16537.50
      06-11-2022, 03:49 PM   #25
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Quote:
I don't want the smell at all

Getting the HJS 300 Cell Euro 6 Cat
The Active Autowerke sport cat is 400 cell, so theoretically, it should have the least smell…but also the least noise.
Yeah but that's going to kick a code

I'm cool with an equal medium I just don't wanna straight pipe
      06-11-2022, 04:06 PM   #26
Sundinisagod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

No, it should not, this is marketed as a no CEL downpipe. It’s probably the closest to being emissions compliant sport cat out there. I just worry if it’s loud enough with the higher cell count.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16537.50
      06-11-2022, 04:40 PM   #27
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Quote:

No, it should not, this is marketed as a no CEL downpipe. It's probably the closest to being emissions compliant sport cat out there. I just worry if it's loud enough with the higher cell count.
That's a nice looking piece
And the price is good to

I'm probably going with this euro six cat
I'm able to get a smoking deal on it
      06-12-2022, 09:05 AM   #28
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

BM3 Stage 1 93 VS Stage 2 91

Is there really a noticeable difference between the 2?
If you are FBO -- is one better from a timing perspective ?
I am FBO but more of a FBO Lite -- BM3 Stage 1 93, VRSF 5" I/C, VRSF Charge, FTP T. Inlet V2, Dinan CAI, Stock Plugs .026 gap, Wagner Sport Cat.

This setup is running well and Logs show consistent timing . With my 5" I/C I am thinking that Stage 1 is really about at its limit.
I have Shell 93 available.
Should I spend the $50 to add Stage 2 91?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 09:29 AM   #29
i531m
Rep
Drives: bmw n55 pure500

I run wagner evo2 intercooler, wagner 300 cell cat which passes UK MOT test but does throw a cel light,which isnt really a problem with MHD stage 2+. both seem very well made but are more expensive now, i waited till there was discounted prices
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 05:53 PM   #30
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Is there really a noticeable difference between the 2?
If you are FBO -- is one better from a timing perspective ?
I am FBO but more of a FBO Lite -- BM3 Stage 1 93, VRSF 5" I/C, VRSF Charge, FTP T. Inlet V2, Dinan CAI, Stock Plugs .026 gap, Wagner Sport Cat.

This setup is running well and Logs show consistent timing . With my 5" I/C I am thinking that Stage 1 is really about at its limit.
I have Shell 93 available.
Should I spend the $50 to add Stage 2 91?

N55 electronic wastegate (EWG):
Stage 1 91 octane: 25%HP / 28%TQ
Stage 1 93 octane: 27%HP / 30%TQ
Stage 2 91 octane: 31%HP / 34%TQ
Stage 2 93 octane: 33%HP / 36%TQ

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2022, 10:22 AM   #31
Jrl8d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Last question for everyone though. I drove the car for 20 mins with the charge pipe broken. I would imagine the plastic shield underneath the car likely blocked any potential rocks from getting into the throttle body, but is there anything I should do at this point or am I just fine? I would imagine if something substantial got in there, the motor would be damaged in some obvious way already, but just didn't want to take chances if there is something I could do to mitigate any problems.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 11:35 AM   #32
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Last question for everyone though. I drove the car for 20 mins with the charge pipe broken. I would imagine the plastic shield underneath the car likely blocked any potential rocks from getting into the throttle body, but is there anything I should do at this point or am I just fine? I would imagine if something substantial got in there, the motor would be damaged in some obvious way already, but just didn't want to take chances if there is something I could do to mitigate any problems.
Well depends on how much work you want to do to verify. You could take your entire air charge system apart including the intake manifold but it's 100% not worth it lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #33
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Depends where it broke. I've seen o rings stuck in the throttle body before.

If it broke at the top find your c clip and hold on to that as you will need it for the new one as well as the oring. The o ring can be purchased from bmw so that's not as big of a deal.

Very little chance any rocks fly into it more likely debris from the charge pipe breaking goes in.
Appreciate 0