BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > M2 vs M2C

06-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #133
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Just signed a deal for leftover new 2018 M2 for $10k off list. Loaded exec, DCT, plus a few cosmetic (grill, side vents, pedals) LBB.

This deal made my decision which model to buy.
Appreciate 3
tranck500.50
TemjinX2520.50
      06-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #134
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
Just signed a deal for leftover new 2018 M2 for $10k off list. Loaded exec, DCT, plus a few cosmetic (grill, side vents, pedals) LBB.

Quote:

Nice to hear it buddy ! What made you choose the og than the comp?
      06-26-2019, 01:22 PM   #135
tranck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercs View Post
This forum probably.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:45 PM   #136
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Just a hunch but the fact he paid considerably less for the OG probably has a lot to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #137
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
This forum probably.
😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:29 PM   #138
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
I decided to go with the full Dinan route since I already did the intercooler and exhaust which I was extremely happy with. I was than on the fence to either go full Dinan or go with pure. I decided to go with the milder upgrade knowing pure was superior in power and more options like fuel etc. In the end I just had tons of fun with my M2 and sold it to someone who would enjoy it just as much. If I had to do it again though I'd go with pure. The stock N55 just wasn't really meant to be in an M car imho but that's a whole other conversation to be had. In the end guys doesn't matter what M2 you have it's a great car but doesn't perform as well as the M2C but that's to be expected.
I do agree with you. Both being stock, rolling off the showroom floor, the M2c is the better performer, no doubt about it.

This is coming from an OG owner.

I think the only other odd ball in recent memory with an N engine is that 1M.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4033.00
      06-26-2019, 08:32 PM   #139
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First off i drove the OG on the track last summer. Part of a bmw M track day. Drove M2,M4,M5,M6,X6M. (M6 was a pig) The M2 was magic.

Normally I never buy new. I was comparing used 2018 to 2019. Decided I’d probably go for 2019 for engine and i like the instruments (dislike the seats and the rear bladder and sound) but when i found this 2018 with perfect options and color and full new warranty. I negotiated hard and grabbed it.

Figured i loved how it drove. Why get something else that’s even more $ and used. What if the M2C is more like the M4 which was great but not as magic ‘goldilocks’ to me.

Plus it had the M Drivers package which I’d never pay for but at $10k off a $65k msrp OG. It feels free.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 11:07 PM   #140
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
First off i drove the OG on the track last summer. Part of a bmw M track day. Drove M2,M4,M5,M6,X6M. (M6 was a pig) The M2 was magic.

Normally I never buy new. I was comparing used 2018 to 2019. Decided I’d probably go for 2019 for engine and i like the instruments (dislike the seats and the rear bladder and sound) but when i found this 2018 with perfect options and color and full new warranty. I negotiated hard and grabbed it.

Figured i loved how it drove. Why get something else that’s even more $ and used. What if the M2C is more like the M4 which was great but not as magic ‘goldilocks’ to me.

Plus it had the M Drivers package which I’d never pay for but at $10k off a $65k msrp OG. It feels free.
Quote:
Quote:

Normally I never buy new. I was comparing used 2018 to 2019. Decided I'd probably go for 2019 for engine and i like the instruments (dislike the seats and the rear bladder and sound) but when i found this 2018 with perfect options and color and full new warranty. I negotiated hard and grabbed it.

Figured i loved how it drove. Why get something else that's even more $ and used. What if the M2C is more like the M4 which was great but not as magic 'goldilocks' to me.

Plus it had the M Drivers package which I'd never pay for but at $10k off a $65k msrp OG. It feels free.
Yes , well said . You have made a good choice , i hope you enjoy every single time stepping in the car buddy !
      06-26-2019, 11:08 PM   #141
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardzM View Post
Quote:
I decided to go with the full Dinan route since I already did the intercooler and exhaust which I was extremely happy with. I was than on the fence to either go full Dinan or go with pure. I decided to go with the milder upgrade knowing pure was superior in power and more options like fuel etc. In the end I just had tons of fun with my M2 and sold it to someone who would enjoy it just as much. If I had to do it again though I'd go with pure. The stock N55 just wasn't really meant to be in an M car imho but that's a whole other conversation to be had. In the end guys doesn't matter what M2 you have it's a great car but doesn't perform as well as the M2C but that's to be expected.
I do agree with you. Both being stock, rolling off the showroom floor, the M2c is the better performer, no doubt about it.

This is coming from an OG owner.

I think the only other odd ball in recent memory with an N engine is that 1M.
Quote:
Quote:

Normally I never buy new. I was comparing used 2018 to 2019. Decided I'd probably go for 2019 for engine and i like the instruments (dislike the seats and the rear bladder and sound) but when i found this 2018 with perfect options and color and full new warranty. I negotiated hard and grabbed it.

Figured i loved how it drove. Why get something else that's even more $ and used. What if the M2C is more like the M4 which was great but not as magic 'goldilocks' to me.

Plus it had the M Drivers package which I'd never pay for but at $10k off a $65k msrp OG. It feels free.
Which at the time , was again better than the M3 with the S54 .
      06-27-2019, 01:51 AM   #142
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

OG faster in testing?
Go to 10:30 seconds

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 04:08 AM   #143
GerardzM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

It makes sense that a lower powered car would lap a shorter tighter track faster since it can actually apply the power sooner.

Any other type of bigger longer track and M2c takes it.
Appreciate 1
qnet681.50
      06-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #144
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:

Congrats.
I did the same. Mine was fully loaded. Including the M Driver's package (which I didn't want, but had no way to delete). I'll never see the raised top speed, but at least I will enjoy a day of M driving school.
Other than the CF add-ons and performance exhaust, I can't think of any option that I don't have.

My deal was close to $10K less than asking (but that's because they were asking above MSRP), but that was almost 10 months ago.
So, what is your total price before taxes?

Last edited by MPBK; 06-28-2019 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #145
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He already said it : $10K below MRSP

For me, price, fuel economy (I daily drive it), not needing the extra power, and the fact that they killed Mineral Gray from M2C.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4033.00
      06-27-2019, 01:33 PM   #146
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Congrats.
I did the same. Mine was fully loaded. Including the M Driver's package (which I didn't want, but had no way to delete). I'll never see the raised top speed, but at least I will enjoy a day of M driving school.
Other than the CF and add-ons and performance exhaust, I can't think of any option that I don't have.

My deal was close to $10K less than asking (but that's because they were asking above MSRP), but that was almost 10 months ago.
So, what is your total price before taxes?
$55k out the door before tax

Msrp $64.5k
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 02:54 PM   #147
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
I know this has been beaten to death but it’s new to me.

I drove an M2 on a BMW track day last year. Compared to M3, m5 etc. M2 was my favorite. So nimble and just amazing. Goldilocks you’d say. It did lack a bit of power vs M3.

Now in the market and see the M2C. I’m debating. Is the handling after the weight gain the same. The exhaust tone. More $$. The seat graphic design. Do love the instruments

I’ve found new 2018 $10k off retail. Or very low mileage ones for even less of course.

What if you take a 2018 and add a tune? N55 exhaust tone. Handling. And save at least $6-$8k

Thoughts?
congrats...seems like the best deals tend to be on the east coast.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 08:04 AM   #148
620turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Well I don't like to have to have my foot planted in it to get it to shift quickly, so I would select the drive logic that matches the kind of shifting I want.
Fair point and justifies the manual selection of drive logic for you.

Personally, I find it OK as when driving around normally, I don't want it to change fast and hard. When I then decide to floor it, it will change fast and hard without me having to change the ferocity manually.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #149
620turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
And with the turbo verbage I used(twin scroll single turbo) yup your an OG owner lol. Nothing wrong with it at all but stop defending it there's no need. In terms of it being "better" obviously it's very subjective but clearly I'm not saying it in that way. The M2C is a superior sports car in terms of performance period you cannot argue that point one bit.
Yawn. I am disputing it. It depends what you want and what you will use it for and how you define "performance". It is subjective.

I drove both, could afford both and had the option of both. I have no intention of tuning my car. If I had this intention, then I would have bought M2C as it will be easier to get more power from safely.

As previously stated, the sound is a big factor and to me and many others, the M2C S55 sounds pretty awful whereas the OG M2 sounds a million times better. I would also have to get the nut sack removed for aesthetics

I notice you conveniently ignore my point about the non existent "suspension differences" between OG M2 and M2C, which you were banging on about earlier were so important. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh. Carry on reading and believing the BMW M for marketing hype.

I would say this is a bit of a compromise considering the M2C has around 75 KGS additional weight over the front wheels and would have certainly expected the dampers and spring rates to have been revised, which I am reliably informed they were not.

Last edited by 620turbo; 06-28-2019 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #150
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
$55k out the door before tax

Msrp $64.5k
Very well done. You will enjoy it.
I particularly like the "slam" in Sport+, which some people complained about, and BMW tonned down in the M2C.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 09:31 AM   #151
1mm2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620turbo View Post
As previously stated, the sound is a big factor and to me and many others, the M2C S55 sounds pretty awful whereas the OG M2 sounds a million times better. I would also have to get the nut sack removed for aesthetics
The performance difference was simply not great enough to overcome the above so we opted for a 2018 LCI for the wife.

She's happy so I'm happy.

Now, where can I get a heavily discounted 718 GTS?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 10:00 AM   #152
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620turbo View Post
Yawn. I am disputing it. It depends what you want and what you will use it for and how you define "performance". It is subjective.

I drove both, could afford both and had the option of both. I have no intention of tuning my car. If I had this intention, then I would have bought M2C as it will be easier to get more power from safely.

I notice you conveniently ignore my point about the non existent "suspension differences" between OG M2 and M2C, which you were banging on about earlier were so important. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh. Carry on reading and believing the BMW M for marketing hype.

I would say this is a bit of a compromise considering the M2C has around 75 KGS additional weight over the front wheels and would have certainly expected the dampers and spring rates to have been revised, which I am reliably informed they were not.

Yawn.. I'm disputing it lol. Performance isn't subjective stop lying to yourself. When it comes to sports performance the OG M2 cannot compete with the competition. Yeah it sounds like shit stock for sure as I was on the fence about this alone when deciding to snag an allocation but guess what I'll tell you a secret lol. There's a pipe called AA and an exhaust called Eisenmann that solves that problem. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the majority changes exhaust on their cars and drives them. Sounding like the person who drives their car to starbuck, orders a soy latte, and says oh yeah look at my stock car that's drives so well I don't drive it lol. Come on buddy let it go.. In terms of suspension no one cares about M suspension and if you do you'd likely tune it to your liking. done! Hype lol stop convincing yourself the OG is a better performance car just because you bought one

Last edited by Bimmer28312; 06-28-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      06-28-2019, 10:06 AM   #153
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Yawn.. I'm disputing it lol. Performance isn't subjective stop lying to yourself. When it comes to sports performance the OG M2 cannot compete with the competition. Yeah it sounds like shit stock for sure as I was on the fence about this alone when deciding to snag an allocation but guess what I'll tell you a secret lol. There's a pipe called AA and an exhaust called Eisenmann that solves that problem. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the majority changed exhaust on their cars. In terms of suspension no one cares about M suspension and if you do you'd likely tune it to your liking done. Hype lol stop convincing yourself the OG is a better performance car just because you bought one
exactly!!

I don't understand this inferiority complex around this forum. The OG M2 is a phenomenal, fantastic car, nobody is disputing that. The M2C is just better overall, PERIOD. Performs better, it's faster, has a better engine, better suspension and chassis additions, much better brakes, better aesthetics (other than the dangling butt exhaust), and feels more solid.

Reminds me of the back and forth on the F80 forum, where the non-Comp vs Comp threads always went to shit

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      06-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #154
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
exactly!!

I don't understand this inferiority complex around this forum. The OG M2 is a phenomenal, fantastic car, nobody is disputing that. The M2C is just better overall, PERIOD. Performs better, it's faster, has a better engine, better suspension and chassis additions, much better brakes, better aesthetics (other than the dangling butt exhaust), and feels more solid.

Reminds me of the back and forth on the F80 forum, where the non-Comp vs Comp threads always went to shit
Yeah man I don't get it either and I loved my OG M2! In fact that was my fist M car which I will never forget. But boy some people just can't let it go and realize the facts lol
Appreciate 0