M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Perl Carbon Front lip

02-26-2024, 08:03 PM   #67
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Yep, the lip is more than sturdy enough without the middle plate & using all the bolts, I've hit mine multiple times and the lip isn't going anywhere.

If my memory serves me correctly, you need to remove the undertray very slightly and then put the lip on and secure the oem bolts through the pre existing holes on the lip to the undertray.

it has been awhile since I installed it so forgive me if I'm wrong. It is 10x easier to install this lip on a hoist.

I actually might need a 3rd perl lip soon ... my second one has taken some battle damage
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      02-27-2024, 05:41 AM   #68
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post
Yep, the lip is more than sturdy enough without the middle plate & using all the bolts, I've hit mine multiple times and the lip isn't going anywhere.

If my memory serves me correctly, you need to remove the undertray very slightly and then put the lip on and secure the oem bolts through the pre existing holes on the lip to the undertray.
Ah, so the lip is affixed to the plastic undertray, then both are affixed to the car. Interesting. I’ll give it a go!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 12:16 PM   #69
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Finally got my Perl lip installed, and it's pretty much exactly what I always thought it would be; brilliant.

However, it was a pure PITA to install, and I'm not so sure I'd do it again for that reason alone.

Perl front lip 2. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Perl front lip 1. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Perl front lip 3. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Appreciate 5
jello182.00
M2Pilot278.50
m2zcp51.50
AUSf222689.50
      04-07-2024, 12:14 PM   #70
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Did a little shoot last night in my normal location. I absolutely adore this lip, but I'll have to sell it because it barely clears my driveway and scrapes around town here and there with how low I am. Such a shame, I think it looks the business.

Finished. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Sidelined. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Perl Front. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Perl Side. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr

Just Right. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
MooMooM21817.50
philth198.50
Distinct147.00