European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Calling all Week 43 Builds

11-27-2016, 11:13 PM   #177
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLAbot View Post
Took delivery yesterday in Westchester and drove her all the way back to the midwest!

I am absolutely thrilled with the long beach blue!

Contis though?!?!?

Attachment 1533186
Congrats. Are you Week 43? If so, you must be the 1st Week 43 on the forum to receive your M2. Where is Westchester? New York?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #178
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

For those of us so fortunate as to have cars on the Hamburg Highway, I spoke to Genius today. The rep assured me it is on BMW's radar, and at the management briefing the day before Thanksgiving all the reps were told that it would be "a week"...whatever that means--he couldn't tell me what that "week" represented. In any event, I told him that what we were hearing from contacts at the port sure did not sound like "a week" no matter the interpretation of that phrase. We talked about rising interest rates in the interim, including whether BMW would extend the lock on financing (he said maybe, he's heard that one customer got an extension of one week, but confessed that might not be even close to enough time, depending on the shipping issue). He took my number, and promised a call back when he hears anything from management as to the plan to get our cars stateside.

So...more hurry up and wait, for information, let alone cars.
Appreciate 2
      11-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #179
LBBDrew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Can anyone tell if the Tirranna is still due to the West Coast port on 12/1?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #180
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Looks like 12/3 is the new date. It's off the coast of Mexico currently.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #181
QLAbot
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFan_Ken View Post
Congrats. Are you Week 43? If so, you must be the 1st Week 43 on the forum to receive your M2. Where is Westchester? New York?
Yup, Week 43 build! Picked the car up in Westchester NY and drove back to Indiana. It works out great because half of the trip was through the mountains which makes it perfect for the break in... 830 miles on her by the time I got back to the midwest.

It's amazing what kind of attention the car gets. Not to mention challengers! -none of which overtook me: 1 ferrari, 2 caymans, a few challengers and chargers, and every mustang I came across

This car is UNREAL.

Everything that has been said about the contis is true. They are slicker than baby shit compared to the Michellin sports on my old e92.
Appreciate 1
AYurch50.00
      11-28-2016, 09:17 PM   #182
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
For those of us so fortunate as to have cars on the Hamburg Highway, I spoke to Genius today. The rep assured me it is on BMW's radar, and at the management briefing the day before Thanksgiving all the reps were told that it would be "a week"...whatever that means--he couldn't tell me what that "week" represented. In any event, I told him that what we were hearing from contacts at the port sure did not sound like "a week" no matter the interpretation of that phrase. We talked about rising interest rates in the interim, including whether BMW would extend the lock on financing (he said maybe, he's heard that one customer got an extension of one week, but confessed that might not be even close to enough time, depending on the shipping issue). He took my number, and promised a call back when he hears anything from management as to the plan to get our cars stateside.

Thanks for the info. I emailed my dealer today but no response yet. I'm not expecting him to know more than us, but I mainly wanted to let him know I was worried about pushing off financing for the same reason you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 09:08 AM   #183
zedbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:

K Line updated their schedule to shop an ETA for Baltimore to be 26 December.....
1989 M491 Targa
1935 Ford Model 50 Pickup
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50
      11-29-2016, 10:16 AM   #184
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedbyers View Post
K Line updated their schedule to shop an ETA for Baltimore to be 26 December.....
Do you have a link for that? That's one month and one day late, and even then I'm not sure how reliable that is...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 11:13 AM   #185
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Do you have a link for that? That's one month and one day late, and even then I'm not sure how reliable that is...
http://www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Serv...-Services.html

Schedules --> Car Carrier/Roro --> Atlantic RoRo (Excel)

Departure from Southampton is TBD...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #186
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbido View Post
http://www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Serv...-Services.html

Schedules --> Car Carrier/Roro --> Atlantic RoRo (Excel)

Departure from Southampton is TBD...
Thanks. But if it is "TBD", of what value is the December 26 date?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 12:20 PM   #187
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. But if it is "TBD", of what value is the December 26 date?!?!?
Exactly. Based on other vessels, it takes about 10 days to cross the Atlantic. That would mean HH needs to leave by the 16th to make the 26th date. That gives about 2.5 weeks from now for them to fix the ship, which I hope is enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #188
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. Based on other vessels, it takes about 10 days to cross the Atlantic. That would mean HH needs to leave by the 16th to make the 26th date. That gives about 2.5 weeks from now for them to fix the ship, which I hope is enough.
Me too. But I'm not sure how that squares with our local contact at the port, who suggested in this thread that the HH would be in that dock for many more weeks before it left, and mentioned offloading to other ships every week or so as the plan to get cargo stateside...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #189
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLAbot View Post
Yup, Week 43 build! Picked the car up in Westchester NY and drove back to Indiana. It works out great because half of the trip was through the mountains which makes it perfect for the break in... 830 miles on her by the time I got back to the midwest.

It's amazing what kind of attention the car gets. Not to mention challengers! -none of which overtook me: 1 ferrari, 2 caymans, a few challengers and chargers, and every mustang I came across

This car is UNREAL.

Everything that has been said about the contis is true. They are slicker than baby shit compared to the Michellin sports on my old e92.
Thanks for the update. I share your thrill vicariously. I can't wait for my week 43 delivery expected in mid-Dec.
Appreciate 1
QLAbot87.00
      11-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #190
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:

BruceM, I am truly sorry for the incredible bad luck that you and the other Hamburg Highway fellow week 43ers are going though. I wish the best will come out of this for you guys.
Appreciate 2
BruceM985.50
AYurch50.00
      11-29-2016, 09:01 PM   #191
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFan_Ken View Post
BruceM, I am truly sorry for the incredible bad luck that you and the other Hamburg Highway fellow week 43ers are going though. I wish the best will come out of this for you guys.
Thanks, Ken. Total suckage. Worst of all is any meaningful communication from BMW on the subject.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #192
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, Ken. Total suckage. Worst of all is any meaningful communication from BMW on the subject.
If we wanted that type of communication we would've bought domestic. Bad form! Tell them you want pedals thrown in free for this!
2007 Honda Civic Si (Sold)
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50
      11-29-2016, 11:50 PM   #193
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYurch View Post
If we wanted that type of communication we would've bought domestic. Bad form! Tell them you want pedals thrown in free for this!
Great idea. Believe it or not, though, when I first ordered the car the invoice contained pedals at no charge, for no reason I could discern. I paid my deposit, then the next invoice contained a charge for those pedals. I said "nope, deal's a deal." Either the dealer or BMW is paying for them.

So that's good. But I'd gladly lose the pedals, or pay for them, if I could have gotten the car when scheduled. Maybe this is all just karma for the pedals

If they throw in the diffuser, now maybe we're talkin'
Appreciate 1
AYurch50.00
      11-30-2016, 12:05 AM   #194
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Great idea. Believe it or not, though, when I first ordered the car the invoice contained pedals at no charge, for no reason I could discern. I paid my deposit, then the next invoice contained a charge for those pedals. I said "nope, deal's a deal." Either the dealer or BMW is paying for them.

So that's good. But I'd gladly lose the pedals, or pay for them, if I could have gotten the car when scheduled. Maybe this is all just karma for the pedals

If they throw in the diffuser, now maybe we're talkin'
Bad situation. I'm on the Aniaria, due to dock in Southampton in a few hours. What do you think the chances are they offload some cars from HH onto Aniaria?
Unlikely, I know.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 12:34 AM   #195
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroya View Post
Bad situation. I'm on the Aniaria, due to dock in Southampton in a few hours. What do you think the chances are they offload some cars from HH onto Aniaria?
Unlikely, I know.
Where is the Aniaria headed? One contributor to this thread actually works at Southampton and suggested a few days back that this is what they might do--slowly unload the HH onto ships with some room....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #196
zedbyers
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
The Genius 'hotline' is hit or miss. I asked them on Monday if they would be moving the cars onto other vessels giving priority to the sold ones. He had no clue. All he could tell me then was Dec 4th for Brunswick. I called on Tuesday and believe it was the same indvidual and he said he heard they were moving cars onto other ships. I asked where heard that from and he said they have had a few M2 callers in the last 48 hours about this ship and that he heard it from them.

Draw your own conclusions on that one.

I tried to reach out to K-Line directly and they politely responded back that I should seek out any and all information from BMW and not them. I did not indicate that it was a BMW in my request for information, so based on his response I am assuming that ship is full of BMWs. Those things typically hold around 5000-7000 cars. Say an average price of $65k per vehicle?? Say they dropped off around 1500 in the UK. That makes by my math something on the order of $200 million minimum in cargo sitting there for the last 3 weeks......

That is a huge hit to BMWs bottom line for the last month of the year, i have to believe they are working this hard isn't he background, it just isn't trickling down to the 'Genius' level yet.

I did ask my salesman what was up, he said to give him 2 days, so hopefully i will find something out tomorrow.

I also would like delivery by year end as i have the $1000 USAA incentive that expires on the 31st of Dec.....i am sure they will re-up it for 2017, but with my luck, the car will show up in early january and the timing of that coming out will be right after the dealer is twisting my arm to take delivery.
1989 M491 Targa
1935 Ford Model 50 Pickup
Appreciate 2
zumbido34.00
BruceM985.50
      11-30-2016, 07:21 AM   #197
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedbyers View Post
The Genius 'hotline' is hit or miss. I asked them on Monday if they would be moving the cars onto other vessels giving priority to the sold ones. He had no clue. All he could tell me then was Dec 4th for Brunswick. I called on Tuesday and believe it was the same indvidual and he said he heard they were moving cars onto other ships. I asked where heard that from and he said they have had a few M2 callers in the last 48 hours about this ship and that he heard it from them.

Draw your own conclusions on that one.

I tried to reach out to K-Line directly and they politely responded back that I should seek out any and all information from BMW and not them. I did not indicate that it was a BMW in my request for information, so based on his response I am assuming that ship is full of BMWs. Those things typically hold around 5000-7000 cars. Say an average price of $65k per vehicle?? Say they dropped off around 1500 in the UK. That makes by my math something on the order of $200 million minimum in cargo sitting there for the last 3 weeks......

That is a huge hit to BMWs bottom line for the last month of the year, i have to believe they are working this hard isn't he background, it just isn't trickling down to the 'Genius' level yet.

I did ask my salesman what was up, he said to give him 2 days, so hopefully i will find something out tomorrow.

I also would like delivery by year end as i have the $1000 USAA incentive that expires on the 31st of Dec.....i am sure they will re-up it for 2017, but with my luck, the car will show up in early january and the timing of that coming out will be right after the dealer is twisting my arm to take delivery.
Impressive powers of deduction there. Very good points. Of course I'm very susceptible to confirmation bias right now, hearing what I want to hear. I tend to forget how many other cars are on the ship besides mine and how much bigger an issue this is for BMW than just a couple of M2s. I hope we hear some good news re: Orion.
Appreciate 1
BruceM985.50
      11-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #198
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Impressive powers of deduction there. Very good points. Of course I'm very susceptible to confirmation bias right now, hearing what I want to hear. I tend to forget how many other cars are on the ship besides mine and how much bigger an issue this is for BMW than just a couple of M2s. I hope we hear some good news re: Orion.
Not only for BMW, but I assume for the shipping company as well? The contract between the two must account for delays caused by ship malfunction, and my bet is that BMW doesn't absorb all the risk of such delays. The shipping company and/or its insurance company should be on the hook too....
Appreciate 0