Extreme Powerhouse
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-22-2021, 03:45 AM   #7613
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I did. I’m a realist and have been thinking long term. I’m selfish and I’m also not selfish. I need civilization and I’m a very social person. He lives in a town with a population of 3,000. He’s very established there and his family lives there. His law office is there. I know long term I just can’t live in a city with no restaurants, only fast food options, no Target, etc., Where would I work? I looked up the median income,.... $28,000!! I can’t. I just can’t and I would never ask him to leave everything and move.

I cried, but better to realize this now.
You're crossed out from my list of superficial persons now, thank you for bringing me back the proof, sad as its is.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
Sara5856.00
      02-22-2021, 06:14 AM   #7614
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Go on....
Prince Charming from Baton Rouge.

I shot my shot, or however that saying goes. Balls in his court.

Moving this week/weekend. So communications will be limited. Nola bound
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34102.00
M5Rick66289.00
      02-22-2021, 08:13 AM   #7615
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Hm. Holding comments. For those playing along at home, you know my silence won't last. I just want to ensure that before I speak, that I speak with purpose. I'll watch things unfold before I say this is doomed.

Oh shit, look at that. I already did it.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7913.50
      02-22-2021, 08:13 AM   #7616
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I reinstalled it, thank goodness it's showing better quality to me now

He probably wont recognize me as I had a mask on. But it was his firm I went to What are the odds.

I accepted a position in NOLA so at least no conflict of interest there. Small world.
Refresh our collective / hive memories here - is Prince Charming the same one as the one you were hoping to go on a tenth date with that lives in a really small town nowhere really near you? Or different Prince Charming?

If same, what was he doing there, and what do you mean he won't recognize you - you said you "shot your shot" so that means you talked to him and that right?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13065.50
      02-22-2021, 08:18 AM   #7617
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Refresh our collective / hive memories here - is Prince Charming the same one as the one you were hoping to go on a tenth date with that lives in a really small town nowhere really near you? Or different Prince Charming?

If same, what was he doing there, and what do you mean he won't recognize you - you said you "shot your shot" so that means you talked to him and that right?
No. I wasn’t sure which way to go after stepping off the elevator and this gorgeous man who was talking with someone else in the elevator lobby asked if I needed guidance. After telling me which way to go, all I could think of to say was thank you.

2 or 3 weeks later, however long it’s been since then I see him on the dating app. Shooting my shot means I hit the “Like” button on his profile
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34102.00
M5Rick66289.00
      02-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #7618
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Curious as well. I'm confused on which prince charming is prince charming. I feel like I'm in an early 80's action sitcom, where the good guy has a twin and no one can tell who is who. I'm more curious in next weeks episode, to find out who is who and see their triplet twin comes around.

Quote:
No. I wasn’t sure which way to go after stepping off the elevator and this gorgeous man who was talking with someone else in the elevator lobby asked if I needed guidance. After telling me which way to go, all I could think of to say was thank you.

2 or 3 weeks later, however long it’s been since then I see him on the dating app. Shooting my shot means I hit the “Like” button on his profile
For a fee, I'll drive down there, slug him in the arm and tell him you like him. For an additional fee, I'll pass a love letter to him in the hallway.
Appreciate 3
      02-22-2021, 08:41 AM   #7619
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Shooting my shot means I hit the “Like” button on his profile
That.....isn't shooting your shot. But I suppose if the app only lets you hit like and not actually send any messages, then its the best you could do, since you didn't see him in person.

But I'm back following the plot line again, so thanks!
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #7620
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That.....isn't shooting your shot. But I suppose if the app only lets you hit like and not actually send any messages, then its the best you could do, since you didn't see him in person.

K.....wait, wait, wait a minute here......are we seriously living in a time when we see someone we are interested in.....as in a live interaction with said individual, as in actually received in person instructions as to where a person needed to be; yet rather than talk to them.....we initiated our interest by hitting a like button on an app.......when the person was right there???

I have lost all faith in our species. At this rate, the only people in the future that will have babies, will be those who aren't afraid to talk to the person that they want to touch them.....unless somehow there ends up being an app for that too.
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2021, 09:08 AM   #7621
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
K.....wait, wait, wait a minute here......are we seriously living in a time when we see someone we are interested in.....as in a live interaction with said individual, as in actually received in person instructions as to where a person needed to be; yet rather than talk to them.....we initiated our interest by hitting a like button on an app.......when the person was right there???

I have lost all faith in our species. At this rate, the only people in the future that will have babies, will be those who aren't afraid to talk to the person that they want to touch them.....unless somehow there ends up being an app for that too.
Nah, I think her brain went fuzzy at that point and she became inarticulate when she first saw him. Weeks subsequent to that encounter, she found him in the dating app online, but not in person. So she "liked" him to see if he'll match. I don't think she encountered him in person a second time.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2021, 09:16 AM   #7622
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nah, I think her brain went fuzzy at that point and she became inarticulate when she first saw him. Weeks subsequent to that encounter, she found him in the dating app online, but not in person. So she "liked" him to see if he'll match. I don't think she encountered him in person a second time.
Oh.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:44 AM   #7623
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Quote:
Oh.
Joe is bang on with this one. She froze, and has been given a second opportunity to see if the inside matches the outside, although I’m not positive those are evenly matched from a requirement standpoint.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #7624
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Prince Charming from Baton Rouge.

I shot my shot, or however that saying goes. Balls in his court.

you were playing basketball??
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 12:36 PM   #7625
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Yeah so, nowadays you can only message with someone if you both like each other’s profile. I hit like, so he’ll get a notification the next time he checks the app that I liked his profile. He’ll be able to scroll through mine and he can X me or match with me. Nothing further required on my end. Balls in his court.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34102.00
M5Rick66289.00
      02-22-2021, 12:39 PM   #7626
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
This is correct.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34102.00
M5Rick66289.00
      02-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #7627
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Joe is bang on with this one. She froze, and has been given a second opportunity to see if the inside matches the outside, although I’m not positive those are evenly matched from a requirement standpoint.
Watch him accidentally hit X on me ...
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      02-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #7628
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Watch him accidentally hit X on me ...
so, not stalking him in the building entrance then???
Appreciate 1
vreihen1619086.50
      02-22-2021, 05:57 PM   #7629
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
so, not stalking him in the building entrance then???
His dick can’t be that big
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      02-23-2021, 12:57 PM   #7630
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Well, since no one wants to touch on the last comment, I think we all kind of want to, but we're all being nice about it; the deal breaker thread has me thinking in the inverse. What are some of everyone's non-negotiable standards for a relationship?

I'm big into honesty and empathy. Without either of those, dick or breast size seems irrelevant. Thoughts? And what are your non-negotiables?
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go16580.00
      02-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #7631
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Are you asking us to go back to square one with our deal breakers? Because it's already been done. Just saying....
Not what I'm asking at all. In fact, the opposite. Deal breakers are what makes you run the opposite direction. I want to know what the standard expectation is. I mean, love, honestly, loyalty are all staples in this category. Each person is different though, so I'm curious to what differs in everyone's minds.

For example: Before my father passed, he refused to date any woman named Karen or Carol. (Back story - my mothers name is Carol, his second wife's name was Karen. After divorcing the second wife, damn near every woman he dated was either Karen or Carol. For years this was the case. There was a Susie and a Vickie for a while....all the rest, Karen's or Carol's.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 01:27 PM   #7632
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:

Welcome back down to the dirty south! It sounds like everything's working out in the job/living situation so one more piece and you'll be set.
Appreciate 1
Sara5856.00
      02-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #7633
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Well, since no one wants to touch on the last comment, I think we all kind of want to, but we're all being nice about it; the deal breaker thread has me thinking in the inverse. What are some of everyone's non-negotiable standards for a relationship?

I'm big into honesty and empathy. Without either of those, dick or breast size seems irrelevant. Thoughts? And what are your non-negotiables?
Important traits for me are honesty, integrity, empathy, respectful, and courteous to name just a few. A big tell is how they treat others. I don't care if you're a 10. If you're ugly inside, you're not for me. Must have a sense of humor.
Dang3r12483.50
      02-23-2021, 08:04 PM   #7634
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Welcome back down to the dirty south! It sounds like everything's working out in the job/living situation so one more piece and you'll be set.
Thank you! I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Packing up everything in Washington Parish at my mom's now. Getting the keys to my new place on Friday and starting my new firm on Tuesday. So much to do!

We should get wine one night after I get settled,
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34102.00
M5Rick66289.00