BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > General consensus... What's the best sounding exhaust on the market?

11-16-2016, 07:21 AM   #45
jeff@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

okkkkk so we will have an active exhaust on an M2 here on sat thanks to Leon!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #46
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Ummmmm Active exhaust on the M2 here at Autocoutore sounds unreal. Selling my MPE to get one. Took one minute of hearing it to make that decision easy. One of the best exhausts I've heard on a car. Period.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #47
LeonTheJeweler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m2

Thanks brother but I really appreciate it but you can't forget the sound of the beast killer your car is absolutely out of this world I can't believe how loud it is best monster killer ever
      11-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #48
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonTheJeweler View Post
Thanks brother but I really appreciate it but you can't forget the sound of the beast killer your car is absolutely out of this world I can't believe how loud it is best monster killer ever

Thanks big bro. Two amazing M2's being built by an amazing team over here at ACM. Best customer service. It's like a family over here.

Can't wait to see what these two sound like in about a month or so after they're really really broken in. Should really be a nice comparison done up. Wooooooot 🔥🔥🔥👊👊👊
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #49
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Here is a nice cold start up and some revving with just our Sport Cat Downpipe!

Appreciate 1
      12-27-2016, 07:21 AM   #50
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Is it possible to run the Dinan exhaust with fabspeed sport cat? That might be the route I take
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2016, 10:52 AM   #51
toastie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Is it possible to run the Dinan exhaust with fabspeed sport cat? That might be the route I take
There shouldn't be a problem, that is the route I am going to take. The Fabspeed sport cat is a direct OEM replacement and the piping between the downpipe to resonator is unchanged. Dinan's is a muffler replacement with optional resonator bypass.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #52
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastie View Post
There shouldn't be a problem, that is the route I am going to take. The Fabspeed sport cat is a direct OEM replacement and the piping between the downpipe to resonator is unchanged. Dinan's is a muffler replacement with optional resonator bypass.
toastie knows his stuff! He is correct. The Sport Cat is a direct OEM replacement! As long as the OEM midpipe is not being replaced OR if it is, the connection to the downpipe is equivalent to factory, then you should have no issues!
Appreciate 1
toastie213.50
      12-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #53
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Quote:
Quote:
toastie knows his stuff! He is correct. The Sport Cat is a direct OEM replacement! As long as the OEM midpipe is not being replaced OR if it is, the connection to the downpipe is equivalent to factory, then you should have no issues!
So a Dinan exhaust with res delete and fabspeed sport cat will all work like one big happy family ??
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #54
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Quote:
Quote:
So a Dinan exhaust with res delete and fabspeed sport cat will all work like one big happy family ??
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #55
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r View Post
My opinion, no reason to upgrade stock exhaust since it's basically zero HP gains. Just roll with the stock exhaust for awhile, see if you like it which does sound awesome! And if you do like it, just swap out the tips, cheap upgrade
Finally someone talking sense
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #56
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Finally someone talking sense
I'm doing that, but adding a catted downpipe. That should boost the sound a bit, but more importantly boost hp and torque.

If this were an S55 we were dealing with I'd do more. But I'm putting that sound money into go-fast money
Appreciate 2
      12-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #57
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
I'm doing that, but adding a catted downpipe. That should boost the sound a bit, but more importantly boost hp and torque.

If this were an S55 we were dealing with I'd do more. But I'm putting that sound money into go-fast money
I've been thinking the same BruceM. De-cat is not an option in the UK (well not if you want to remain the right side of the law) & most tracks I go to have max sound limits around 95dB.
Appreciate 0