BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 - In Stock for anyone looking in TX

08-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #45
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis///M View Post
Not sure who you dealt with, but when I first went to Classic to inquire about the M2 (about a year ago) I was given a test drive in both a M235i and M4. Also they are selling at MSRP. They have a long wait list but they are not marking them up. There's a M2 on the showroom floor loaded with M performance parts at 67k MSRP but I believe that car is already reserved for a customer
Wonder how that works for the customer in question. That M2 was there when I visited Classic in early June. I guess the customer just has an agreement with the dealer to let the car sit on the showroom floor for an extended period of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopslide View Post
I guess someone got sick of waiting. That car wasn't available when I spoke to them. I have their current allocation thats in production right now.
Nice! Where are you in TX? The CA I spoke with said they had a few potential buyers, so hopefully someone snatches it up.
It's real easy to do when the " customer " is the " owner ".
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #46
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
That's what I heard. The customer agrees to wait and take delivery after they're done displaying it.
I may or may not have farted in that car.....a few times....
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 03:01 PM   #47
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Man... didn't you also do that in the BMW of Dallas car? you're an unstoppable force...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #48
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Man... didn't you also do that in the BMW of Dallas car? you're an unstoppable force...
I eat that tangy BBQ and ice cold sweet tea and I just can't help myself.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #49
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
That's what I heard. The customer agrees to wait and take delivery after they're done displaying it.
Are you sure it was you or was it just a DCT shift ?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #50
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti
I went into classic in Plano TX several times, and their customer service wasn't that great. The salesperson wasn't experienced, and of course they wouldn't let me drive one. They couldn't even find a regular 2 for me to drive to get a sense of it, and when they found one it had a dead battery. Nice. IIRC it was a minimum $5k "dealer adjustment" too. I want one (don't really need a new car), and ED also for next (early) summer, but not going to pay over sticker for one. I guess if I can't get one it gives me enough time to see if I should jump to the new RS3 instead. I'd like a Cayman S, but its just not as good a value (price/performance) and I sometimes need to take my two kids too, so M2 a better compromise. I guess if it drags out too long, a Model 3 is a possiblity too - wonder if you can hot-rod those? Still, if I can get one I'm still planning on it.

Exactly what I was telling Buschy

Classic is absolutely the worst place in town to find a 1/2 series, followed by BMW of Arlington, and BMW of Dallas. I will say that Autobahn usually has one or two but they also have the smallest inventory on the lot in town also, so the one or two 2 series available may be out on a test drive or have recently sold.
As an enthusiast, I hate to hear about how shitty experiences happening. I'm not saying it never happens at Autobahn but man we try to take care of our people. I know I do. Sometimes this are out of the CA hands but even so the customer cam be taken care of.
      08-17-2016, 12:36 AM   #51
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

I bought a 135 from Classic about 5 years ago. When I wanted to test drive one the only one they had was on the floor. They rolled it out of the showroom for me to test drive it, so they accommodated me there. Looking at inventory at the time, Dallas and Ft Worth also only had a single 135 in stock, so things were not better elsewhere. They even knocked $1k off MSRP when I ordered the car, so no markup.

I just ordered an M2 there last month and, while they didn't knock any off MSRP, there was also no markup. They also didn't require a deposit when I got on their list a while back.

My sales rep said the M2 on the showroom is one they are not selling (I assume to have something to show on the floor). He mentioned someone offered $10k over list on it but they don't sell over MSRP. He also pointed out it only had 8 miles on it.

So, I have not had any real issues with Classic. Two friends of mine have or had cars they ordered there as well with no issues.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #52
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
I'll try and talk to Judy! I hope it's still there. Looks like it's MSRP + M Performance goodies sans front splitters.
Correct, I have driven it twice. Nice car at MSRP - demo unit but salesperson is always on board for observation. It had about 600 miles when I drove it last week. It has to sit around for a month+ per BMWNA and dealership marketing deal as to M parts. Short story, dealers are being paid by BMWNA to have the car on the showroom floor with M parts as a demo unit. It is bringing in new/first time BMW customers so it sits as a magnet.

Last edited by Vintage; 08-18-2016 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #53
P4rD0nM3
youtube.com/rodoabadtv
Rep
Drives: 2017 Dinan M2, 2023 X3MC

Garage List
Vintage I don't think I'm going to buy that car anymore. I'm just trying to decide between an RC-F and an M2 right now.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #54
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Vintage I don't think I'm going to buy that car anymore. I'm just trying to decide between an RC-F and an M2 right now.
Both good cars and both very different. Just drive both and see which one ticks most of the boxes for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 08:35 PM   #55
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Sounds like Judy in Austin.
If this car is in Austin, then it's the AW they have in stock with a bunch of M goodies already added, sticker 65K
If it's the one in Austin everyone has gotten a chance to abuse it.. They advertised on the radio to stop and drive the m2 demo
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #56
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18 View Post
Winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
If it's the one in Austin everyone has gotten a chance to abuse it.. They advertised on the radio to stop and drive the m2 demo
Yea that car needs to be sold as used at this point. BTW, I'm thinking we need an Austin thread here there's gotta be atleast 10 of us on this forum. Every time I pop in I see someone from ATX posting.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #57
P4rD0nM3
youtube.com/rodoabadtv
Rep
Drives: 2017 Dinan M2, 2023 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
Both good cars and both very different. Just drive both and see which one ticks most of the boxes for you.
Yeah. THe M2 is more of a track/weekend car while the RC-F is a grand tourer. And I like to travel a lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 03:23 PM   #58
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I am a track nut but only found this out 6 months ago - now, road touring is a waste of time for me. Cars are just A to B safely and reliably. The track is where it is at; it was intimidating at first but on my first outing I realized that the HPDE crowd is very supportive and fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #59
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopslide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespaz18 View Post
Winner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
Yea that car needs to be sold as used at this point. BTW, I'm thinking we need an Austin thread here there's gotta be atleast 10 of us on this forum. Every time I pop in I see someone from ATX posting.
1/2 series ownership ls strong in the Austin area
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #60
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
I am a track nut but only found this out 6 months ago - now, road touring is a waste of time for me. Cars are just A to B safely and reliably. The track is where it is at; it was intimidating at first but on my first outing I realized that the HPDE crowd is very supportive and fun.
Until you race for real, then realize HPDE is like Jerking it.. it does the job until you've had the real thing. For me the M2 doesn't make sense on the track. Its a street car. Spend 1/10th the money for something 1/2 the weight in the form of a real race car for the track. Really is no comparison. Heck, racing in Lemons is more fun than putting an expensive street car on the track and all the expenses that entails. Also, a slow car on the street that you can drive at 10/10ths is also fun. "Horses for courses" as they say...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #61
atxsk8r
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020M2C

Quote:
1/2 series ownership ls strong in the Austin area
Yep, that's how we like to roll in the ATX

Austin thread would be nice! Also eventually have an M2 meet up would be cool once everyone gets their car and hopefully not everyone is getting LBB though LOL.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #62
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
Until you race for real, then realize HPDE is like Jerking it.. it does the job until you've had the real thing. For me the M2 doesn't make sense on the track. Its a street car.
I do not want to race - I have watched club racing and have no interest. Different things for different folks. I like tracking and reaching for fast, consistent times without destroying the car, trading paint, or competing for trophies. Racing is a serious commitment - I don't have time for it.

As for track cars, I have a GT4 (stock) and will add the M2 (stripped and ripped). My idea of a capable and cheap track car is a M2. A Viper ACR E is a year off (that is just to show up cars that cost 2-10 times as much). I like what I like. Same for me with women and booze.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #63
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
I do not want to race - I have watched club racing and have no interest. Different things for different folks. I like tracking and reaching for fast, consistent times without destroying the car, trading paint, or competing for trophies. Racing is a serious commitment - I don't have time for it.

As for track cars, I have a GT4 (stock) and will add the M2 (stripped and ripped). My idea of a capable and cheap track car is a M2. A Viper ACR E is a year off (that is just to show up cars that cost 2-10 times as much). I like what I like. Same for me with women and booze.
lol.. fair enough! If I were to track the M2, the interior would come out, AC out etc, etc... I've never been much for 1/2 measures lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 03:19 PM   #64
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol.. fair enough! If I were to track the M2, the interior would come out, AC out etc, etc... I've never been much for 1/2 measures lol.
couldn't agree more - I will take out everything and leave one Recaro seat in it and a harness bar
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #65
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r
Quote:
Sounds like Judy in Austin.
If this car is in Austin, then it's the AW they have in stock with a bunch of M goodies already added, sticker 65K
My gosh when will it cool off!?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #66
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Why buy a M2 then, just build/buy a E46 or E92 M3 race car. I don't see the point in buying a 50K M2 and then tearing it all apart where you can't even drive it to the track in the TX summer since there's no more a/c.
Appreciate 0