BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > All aboard TIRRANNA!

12-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #45
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
Mine now shows off loaded and processed at Pt Hueneme customs
Same status for my M2.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #46
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Mine now shows off loaded and processed at Pt Hueneme customs
Same here!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #47
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapachui View Post
MPE install at the port for me as well

Any of you getting your car wrap from the dealer?
Do you know what this would cost for the dealer to wrap the car? Also, do they use XPEL or another well respected wrap?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #48
DETRoadster
Rep

Just called the Genius. My car is indeed off the boat and through customs. Scheduled to leave the processing center on Thursday for deliver to the dealer this Sunday. Boooo! Was hoping to drive her home this weekend. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #49
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFan_Ken View Post
Do you know what this would cost for the dealer to wrap the car? Also, do they use XPEL or another well respected wrap?
It's going to vary by dealer. I've never encountered a dealer that does it themselves. They always contract out through a mobile guy who comes and does it. Dealer will happily charge you a premium to coordinate and be the middle man. Since you have no idea who is showing up to wrap your car, i'd recommend against it and instead find an installer you trust and go direct. Not sure what your options are out East there. Lots of installers here in Seattle. I'm going through Benchmark Auto Salon.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #50
Kapachui
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFan_Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapachui View Post
MPE install at the port for me as well

Any of you getting your car wrap from the dealer?
My dealer use Suntek. Ghost Shield is the installer.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #51
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Just called the Genius. My car is indeed off the boat and through customs. Scheduled to leave the processing center on Thursday for deliver to the dealer this Sunday. Boooo! Was hoping to drive her home this weekend. Oh well.
My sales manager called me last night and said my M2 was scheduled to be delivered on Sunday, but weather conditions (snow) may affect the date.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #52
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
My sales manager called me last night and said my M2 was scheduled to be delivered on Sunday, but weather conditions (snow) may affect the date.
Same here! Hoping the snow doesn't mess with the date too much! Taking Monday off to empty my garage of all the parts i have hoarded up!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #53
DETRoadster
Rep

It's odd that us Washington guys got offloaded at Port Hueneme. The Tirranna is now docked at the Port of Tacoma, offloading more vehicles. I guess BMW must not have a VPC up here.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #54
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's going to vary by dealer. I've never encountered a dealer that does it themselves. They always contract out through a mobile guy who comes and does it. Dealer will happily charge you a premium to coordinate and be the middle man. Since you have no idea who is showing up to wrap your car, i'd recommend against it and instead find an installer you trust and go direct. Not sure what your options are out East there. Lots of installers here in Seattle. I'm going through Benchmark Auto Salon.
I have an appointment on Wednesday to install XPEL at an installer who claims that he is the one who does the PPF for the local BMW dealer. I just hope that with all the snow we are getting here in Eastern WA in the next several days that I will be able to take delivery of the M2 by then. No snow all year until now.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #55
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have an appointment on Wednesday to install XPEL at an installer who claims that he is the one who does the PPF for the local BMW dealer. I just hope that with all the snow we are getting here in Eastern WA in the next several days that I will be able to take delivery of the M2 by then. No snow all year until now.
That's what we get for enjoying a great October/November
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 02:04 PM   #56
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Nice! Good for you! Just booked my XPel install for Monday the 19th. Roadtrip planned over X-Mas so I gotta get protected.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #57
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Just came back from dealer. We looked up the delivery status and found that delivery is now scheduled for tomorrow, Dec 9. It was the 11th so for some reason it has improved.

However, the Cascades and Eastern Washington is scheduled to get a heavy snowfall starting this afternoon and continuing through all of Friday and into Saturday. The main roads will eventually get cleared but not the residential roads. Given that the M2 comes with Summer HP tires, I am more than a little concerned about driving the M2 from the Dealer to my home on snow packed roads. The dealer is willing to put it in their showroom locked up for a few days, but I will be dying to drive it . This is our first snowfall of the year and unfortunately it is coming at just the wrong time for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #58
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just came back from dealer. We looked up the delivery status and found that delivery is now scheduled for tomorrow, Dec 9. It was the 11th so for some reason it has improved.

However, the Cascades and Eastern Washington is scheduled to get a heavy snowfall starting this afternoon and continuing through all of Friday and into Saturday. The main roads will eventually get cleared but not the residential roads. Given that the M2 comes with Summer HP tires, I am more than a little concerned about driving the M2 from the Dealer to my home on snow packed roads. The dealer is willing to put it in their showroom locked up for a few days, but I will be dying to drive it . This is our first snowfall of the year and unfortunately it is coming at just the wrong time for me.
Not sure if you've done RWD+snow before, but the car will be useless in snow/ice. I've been stranded with AWD+summer tires in packed snow and it just doesn't help. I imagine RWD will be even worse.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 03:04 PM   #59
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I just called the BMW Genius. My situation has improved by a day as well. I'm scheduled to be delivered to BMW of Seattle on the 10th. It was the 11th. I figured for sure you and I would be on the same carrier but perhaps not.

What's annoying is that it left the processing center yesterday at 6:00 AM. 3 days to get from CA to WA? Must be making a ton of stops along the way. When I shipped a car from Boston to Seattle it only took 3 days.

anyway, yeah, this storm could not be at a worse time. My buddy in Portland is headed home from work now as it's dumping down there. Our transports have to come right up through all that. I hope they take it slow and careful!!! Thankfully BMW uses enclosed carriers. I'm going to be holding my breath for the next 2 days waiting to see a jacknifed car hauler on I-5 with wrecked M2s spilling out of it. Can you imaging getting this close to taking delivery and having the car wrecked?!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 04:50 PM   #60
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Interesting. I just called the BMW Genius. My situation has improved by a day as well. I'm scheduled to be delivered to BMW of Seattle on the 10th. It was the 11th. I figured for sure you and I would be on the same carrier but perhaps not.

What's annoying is that it left the processing center yesterday at 6:00 AM. 3 days to get from CA to WA? Must be making a ton of stops along the way. When I shipped a car from Boston to Seattle it only took 3 days.

anyway, yeah, this storm could not be at a worse time. My buddy in Portland is headed home from work now as it's dumping down there. Our transports have to come right up through all that. I hope they take it slow and careful!!! Thankfully BMW uses enclosed carriers. I'm going to be holding my breath for the next 2 days waiting to see a jacknifed car hauler on I-5 with wrecked M2s spilling out of it. Can you imaging getting this close to taking delivery and having the car wrecked?!
I had always assumed that Seattle and Tri-Cities deliveries would be on the same carrier, but dealer says his deliveries come up Hwy 97 via Klamath Falls & Bend.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #61
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
Not sure if you've done RWD+snow before, but the car will be useless in snow/ice. I've been stranded with AWD+summer tires in packed snow and it just doesn't help. I imagine RWD will be even worse.
Yeah, I agree with you. Summer tires on RWD is no traction at all on snow packed roads. The dealer will probably have to hold on to my car for a few days because temps for the next week are not expected to rise beyond 36F so no melting per say. I will rush down to dealer as soon as it is ready to pay for the car so there is absolutely no chance of selling it to someone else (Mr. Paranoid here).
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 04:58 PM   #62
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

My dealer still says 11th
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 05:10 PM   #63
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Whose your dealer? Seattle? Bellevue?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 05:11 PM   #64
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Whose your dealer? Seattle? Bellevue?
All the way in Tacoma! I'm actually in Kirkland
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #65
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm waiting for you and nd2002 to tell me what it is like to drive the M2 while I am waiting for the snow to melt.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #66
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
I'm waiting for you and nd2002 to tell me what it is like to drive the M2 while I am waiting for the snow to melt.
We will post up some photos for ya!
Appreciate 0