BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Damaged at port?

05-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #23
rich8566
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 + Z-4

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneandDone View Post
So I ordered an M2 in January and it was supposed to be arriving this week. According to the guy from my dealership, it was damaged while being unloaded and they can't sell it to me. So now I'm being told that they managed to get me an order that will get here in 8-10 weeks. Does this sound like anything you guys have ever heard of?

My first post here and this will be my first BMW, if it ever gets here. Oh and just as a full disclosure, I will have to pay a mark up. The guy from the dealer says he's going to get me a day at the M track days event in Thermal and he might be able to help me get a loaner since my lease will be up next month. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroneandDone View Post
So I ordered an M2 in January and it was supposed to be arriving this week. According to the guy from my dealership, it was damaged while being unloaded and they can't sell it to me. So now I'm being told that they managed to get me an order that will get here in 8-10 weeks. Does this sound like anything you guys have ever heard of?

My first post here and this will be my first BMW, if it ever gets here. Oh and just as a full disclosure, I will have to pay a mark up. The guy from the dealer says he's going to get me a day at the M track days event in Thermal and he might be able to help me get a loaner since my lease will be up next month. Thoughts?
Damage, including significant damage, does happen in transit on occasion. I've visited BMWs port facility in NJ on several occasions. They do some repairs onsite, but anything that's more than minor damage means they turn the car into an employee vehicle. Employees drive them just long enough so they cannot ever be sold as new cars. So yes, this does happen once in a while. This is certainly not the dealer's fault. Also, the price protection sounds like it is there which is just as it should be. I won't comment on the markup since it seems that this part of your original deal. It also sounds like they will take care of you in terms of a loaner, which again, would be expected in a case like this. Best wishes on your new car.