BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Unofficial USA BMW F87 M2 CS Registry (589 US-spec cars)

01-13-2021, 08:19 AM   #111
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skotcoop View Post
I'm probably not supposed to ask about costs, payments, and how people justify spending 90k on a car but I don't care because I'm an honest and open person. I imagine someone who's making payments on one of these is not paying anything less than 1000 a month. And I'm also assuming most of you aren't using it as a daily. And I'd wager most people didn't pay full cash. What is the key to being able to afford something like this aside from making a shit load of money? Because I make a decent income and I can't see myself spending that much on a car even though I'd want to. Obviously everyone's scenario is different and some of you that have supportive wives and that's incredible and awesome. You'd think a single guy like me would do whatever he wants with his money lol.
Cash, Daily & long term keeper!

23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 5
Bimmed Out1908.50
2taCoS279.00
Skotcoop269.00
Davil6467.50
clee1982797.50
      01-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #112
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
I don't think I knew about them soon enough.
I can understand that. BMW really sprung this car on us quite suddenly.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4029.50
Skotcoop269.00
      01-13-2021, 09:21 AM   #113
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

BMW certainly had an interesting launch strategy. It's as if they didn't want to be tempted to produce more of them.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #114
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmed Out View Post
Quote:
I don't think I knew about them soon enough.
I respectfully disagree.

The M2 CS was repeatedly discussed on Bimmerpost (and other forums/websites), long before its official release early November 2019: power output, transmission, brakes, colors, wheels, etc.

An example: February 2019 post (almost 2 years ago):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorro47 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Just hope itīs crazy expensive with no manual so i can rest in competition.
Quote:
I will only want Cs if itīs manual and not gt4 priced.
M2 CS = 6MT stock and M-DCT optional (alike the original M2 and M2 Competition).
How can you be certain of the manual option. Itīs crazy that people say something like this when no dealers have info.
But iīm glad somebody knows so i can be ready.
Thankīs for all the info.
Best regards

By no means I made that up. That piece of information was based on 100% accurate information (and later also proved to be correct).

Most specs of the M2 CS were known long before the official release. But not everything that was heard through the grapevine, was also posted.

Bonus: an M2 CS test mule in March 2019: still featuring an armrest, but already featuring the alcantara steering wheel and M2 CS seats (but not yet in full Merino Leather). Purpose of that scoop picture ? 6MT will be available on the M2 CS:

F87EVO4029.50
      01-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #115
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm probably not supposed to ask about costs, payments, and how people justify spending 90k on a car but I don't care because I'm an honest and open person. I imagine someone who's making payments on one of these is not paying anything less than 1000 a month. And I'm also assuming most of you aren't using it as a daily. And I'd wager most people didn't pay full cash. What is the key to being able to afford something like this aside from making a shit load of money? Because I make a decent income and I can't see myself spending that much on a car even though I'd want to. Obviously everyone's scenario is different and some of you that have supportive wives and that's incredible and awesome. You'd think a single guy like me would do whatever he wants with his money lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
:

You should move to Australia
He only needs to move across the Cascades. Smooth roads and lots of sunshine over here!

My 1M was a 3-season daily driver for its first 4 years and has become a track car.

My CS will be a 3 season daily driver for as long as the 1M lasts, and will then "assume the position".

The CS is replacing an X5 lease. With a reasonable downpayment, the monthly payment to purchase it at 0.9% isn't very far off from the lease I was paying. The enjoyment will far exceed that of the X5. I have my 4x4 tow rig for winter duty during the 2-3 months when it is cold enough to damage the PSS tires, but even then there will be a couple days every week warm enough to bring out the beast.

My wife knows I work hard, and knows I love to drive. My 17 y/o son is doing track days with me, and she even tried one. She is excited for the CS to arrive and will be driving it also.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 3
ptgltw3774.50
Skotcoop269.00
      01-13-2021, 10:49 AM   #116
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercs View Post
Then you probably didnt want it as much as others did..

For some , it could be their dream car , for others it could be just another car.
This is what it all comes down to. If there isn't enough passion for the car, you buy something else. If there is passion and desire to own but you don't have enough money....beg borrow and steal to get one.
F87M2CS79.00
F87EVO4029.50
Fuji550i389.50
      01-13-2021, 11:50 AM   #117
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I respectfully disagree.
I was joking. The introduction of the M2 CS was perhaps the most prolonged teaser in world history.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4029.50
      01-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #118
TheStiglet
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 CS MT CCB, B5 S4, 981.1 GT4

Quote:

If $90K doesn't make financial sense, buy a used Comp for $55K and get 95% of the experience.

I'm dailying mine and it's fantastic. YOLO
Appreciate 3
MinionM3492.00
Moflow2484.50
      01-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #119
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

I wonder how many of the "dealer" spec'd cars are DCT? I would think a vast majority would be as they wouldn't want to sit with a manual gearbox!
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      01-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #120
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
I wonder how many of the "dealer" spec'd cars are DCT? I would think a vast majority would be as they wouldn't want to sit with a manual gearbox!
The irony, of course, is that they would not sit with a manual gearbox.
Appreciate 3
F87EVO4029.50
Moflow2484.50
      01-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #121
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStiglet View Post
If $90K doesn't make financial sense, buy a used Comp for $55K and get 95% of the experience.

Quote:
Depends where you place value, and what makes you happy. How long do you plan to work. At what age do you want to start carving out some enjoyment. A lot of negative life circumstance can happen between now and the "age I should start spending". I hate that I love cars. They are too damn expensive. I don't have any other hobbies at the e moment. Save a lot. Earn what I think is a lot, I don't live in a flashy house. My car payment made me sick when I got it in the mail and I knew what it was going to be :P. I learned that the cost very quickly fades away as enjoyment takes over. It's my DD. Costco is still my favorite store. I certainly wouldn't put myself under financial stress for a car. I still enjoy my 2002 nissan xterra. Something about a good beater that has win written all over it. It's tough to beat a good truck for happiness.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #122
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStiglet View Post

One of the reasons why Rennlist is a good site is that people don't complain about the prices of the Porsche cars on a daily basis. If you have the money for a car, then buy it.

To buy higher priced cars easier, you basically need a higher down payment. Either with more cash down or trading in a recent car worth something. The higher the down payment, the lower your loan balance and monthly payment.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 03:21 PM   #123
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.
The M2 CS was repeatedly discussed on Bimmerpost (and other forums/websites), long before its official release early November 2019: power output, transmission, brakes, colors, wheels, etc.
An example: February 2019 post (almost 2 years ago):
By no means I made that up. That piece of information was based on 100% accurate information (and later also proved to be correct).
Most specs of the M2 CS were known long before the official release. But not everything that was heard through the grapevine, was also posted.
Bonus: an M2 CS test mule in March 2019: still featuring an armrest, but already featuring the alcantara steering wheel and M2 CS seats (but not yet in full Merino Leather). Purpose of that scoop picture ? 6MT will be available on the M2 CS:
Artemis is right. First rumor of the CS was in late 2018. October 2018 I believe. After the release of the M3/M4 CS versions in 2017/2018, one had to assume a M2 CS was around the corner.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 03:34 PM   #124
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Quote:
Then you probably didnt want it as much as others did..

For some , it could be their dream car , for others it could be just another car.
This is what it all comes down to. If there isn't enough passion for the car, you buy something else. If there is passion and desire to own but you don't have enough money....beg borrow and steal to get one.
Exactly , AND even when you get one in one of those ways , then drive it like you stole it too !
      01-13-2021, 03:39 PM   #125
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Artemis is right. First rumor of the CS was in late 2018. October 2018 I believe. After the release of the M3/M4 CS versions in 2017/2018, one had to assume a M2 CS was around the corner.
Of course, and no one is disagreeing. If you didn't know the M2 CS was coming, you were not paying attention to BMW (or at least the F87) for a long time.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2021, 03:47 PM   #126
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
I remember back then summer of 2019 asking for Artemis advice on the M2 CS/CSL through a PM !! He helped me , and here we are!
      01-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #127
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
The irony, of course, is that they would not sit with a manual gearbox.
The dealer i worked with specced 3, all with manual gearboxes, all gone either in advance or within a couple days of landing. I've called a couples dealers with 6 spds on autotrader that were in stock for longer than a few days, and they were reserved with large cash deposits. That was the only reason they were still sitting around.

Dealers that specced DCTs either did it cause of their local client base, or i presume, wanting a higher sale price.
Appreciate 2
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #128
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I remember back then summer of 2019 asking for Artemis advice on the M2 CS/CSL through a PM !! He helped me , and here we are!
Likely, BMW M appreciates that genuine enthusiasm for their cars on dedicated petrolhead BMW fan websites such as Bimmerpost and BMWBlog, contributes in promoting their cars. Personally I am by no means affiliated to BMW - just a friend of the brand who happens to buy their cars and post some trivia about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
There was also that "initial" BMW M2 CS rumored much earlier.
Quote:
The "M2 CS" scheduled for production from March 2018 onwards (March 2017 screenshot), later rebaptized "M2 Competition" (with delayed start of production in Summer 2018):

And this screenshot surfaced in September 2016:
F87EVO4029.50
      01-14-2021, 01:27 AM   #129
Skotcoop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
He only needs to move across the Cascades. Smooth roads and lots of sunshine over here!

My 1M was a 3-season daily driver for its first 4 years and has become a track car.

My CS will be a 3 season daily driver for as long as the 1M lasts, and will then "assume the position".

The CS is replacing an X5 lease. With a reasonable downpayment, the monthly payment to purchase it at 0.9% isn't very far off from the lease I was paying. The enjoyment will far exceed that of the X5. I have my 4x4 tow rig for winter duty during the 2-3 months when it is cold enough to damage the PSS tires, but even then there will be a couple days every week warm enough to bring out the beast.

My wife knows I work hard, and knows I love to drive. My 17 y/o son is doing track days with me, and she even tried one. She is excited for the CS to arrive and will be driving it also.
Thats frickin sweet man. How much do you think you could get for the 1M? After you get the CS you'll have to let us know which one you like driving better.
      01-14-2021, 09:29 AM   #130
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Thats frickin sweet man. How much do you think you could get for the 1M? After you get the CS you'll have to let us know which one you like driving better.
It shows its age and use pattern, LOL. I detailed it yesterday and it still cleans up well, but there is a LOT to see up close . . . it convinced me to bite the bullet and do full PPF+ceramic on the CS since its life will be the same. Live and learn!

Having said that, at 61k miles, modded, tracked, well sorted for track use, driver-quality car with some exterior blemishes . . . I could probably get 35-40k, maybe more if bought by a track rat who wanted all the extra's. It's a keeper, and I have already gotten my money's worth.

I will definitely post a delivery thread and leave some room for comparisons over time.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-14-2021, 09:57 AM   #131
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
It's a keeper, and I have already gotten my money's worth. .
This ^
Bimmed Out1908.50
      01-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #132
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
This ^
I agree completely. It's even fun at low speed. I'm loving the manual.

ptgltw I was watching a youtube video about the LTWs that have exchanged hand. It was also talking about Paul Walkers collection. The video mentioned the auction occurred in January 2020. I then had the realization that when I was at a meeting in Scottsdale Arizona in January 2020 and we decided not to go to the Barret Jackson auto auction......This was the auction where these cars were located. lol I would have liked to see this collection.