BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > SebsM2 Build: A Tastefully Modded FBO M2

11-21-2020, 07:33 PM   #23
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta ///M View Post
Looks awesome! Absolutely love the color and stance...must handle on rails!

Would be so fun to have one of these as my "extra" project car, however I'm thankful to have my X3 M40i project daily driver haha.

I'll live vicariously through you with this awesome M2, can't wait to see what's next!
It really handles excellently! If you look at my the original post, you can see my vehicle history. You can probably imagine how different the handling is for me lol!

If you can, definitely pick one up. They're fantastic cars dct or manual!
      11-23-2020, 01:30 PM   #24
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Just ordered my LBB mirror m mirror caps/housing. I'm not sure if I'm making the right move though. I had nice cf mirror caps and planned on wrapping the roof black. Now that my mirror caps aren't dark, I'm wondering if the roof wrap will look out of place.

Also, I put in the eton front speakers that I bought off another forum member after not getting any bites on selling them. Seems like the right side isn't working... not sure what do from here.
      11-25-2020, 03:21 PM   #25
hson10
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 A90 Supra 3.0, '11 E92 M3C

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
Just ordered my LBB mirror m mirror caps/housing. I'm not sure if I'm making the right move though. I had nice cf mirror caps and planned on wrapping the roof black. Now that my mirror caps aren't dark, I'm wondering if the roof wrap will look out of place.

Also, I put in the eton front speakers that I bought off another forum member after not getting any bites on selling them. Seems like the right side isn't working... not sure what do from here.
Definitely the right move in my opinion! Don't think the LBB mirrors will detract from the wrapped roof in any way. If anything, I'm actually in the camp that black M mirrors actually detract from the "wing" design of the mirror itself, and I prefer the body color to see the details in the mirror. I think you'll like them!
      11-25-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hson10 View Post
Quote:

Definitely the right move in my opinion! Don't think the LBB mirrors will detract from the wrapped roof in any way. If anything, I'm actually in the camp that black M mirrors actually detract from the "wing" design of the mirror itself, and I prefer the body color to see the details in the mirror. I think you'll like them!
Great point! Can't wait to see your m mirrors
hson10140.00
      11-28-2020, 02:07 AM   #27
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

11/28: been messing with the idea of some apex wheels. Specifically looking at

Anthracite EC-7 18x9.5 ET35 square with Michelin PS4 275/35-18.

I'm going to add it to my "way in the future" list as I have a set of 19 inch PSS to get through next summer still. It's also pretty much impossible to sell 437ms here unless they're ferric grey.
      11-29-2020, 10:16 PM   #28
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

11/29: I activated full screen Apple CarPlay and also added some reverse light tint.
Attached Images

12-06-2020, 02:35 AM   #29
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

12/6: Wrapped my roof gloss black. Everyone local quoted me $400-$750 so I decided I'd take a stab at it before I get it done professionally. It turned out to be super easy with a second set of hands. Total cost of the project was $88 (wrap and Amazon tool kit) and a few hours of work. Really love how this car is coming together.
Attached Images

12-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #30
Atlanta ///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Nice!! Gloss black roof looks awesome...I've always loved that look.

Lots of gloss black against the LBB looks sick...nice job!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 07:04 PM   #31
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta ///M View Post
Nice!! Gloss black roof looks awesome...I've always loved that look.

Lots of gloss black against the LBB looks sick...nice job!
Thanks! It's time to get those wheels darker to match the rest of the gloss black!
      12-08-2020, 03:22 PM   #32
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Land Cruiser, '18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
12/6: Wrapped my roof gloss black. Everyone local quoted me $400-$750 so I decided I'd take a stab at it before I get it done professionally. It turned out to be super easy with a second set of hands. Total cost of the project was $88 (wrap and Amazon tool kit) and a few hours of work. Really love how this car is coming together.
Can you share a tutorial of how you went about the install? I think I'm going to take a crack at this as well.
      12-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #33
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bngcruiser View Post
Quote:
Can you share a tutorial of how you went about the install? I think I'm going to take a crack at this as well.
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=26992893

Hopefully this helps. Take your time and Good luck!
      12-13-2020, 10:45 PM   #34
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

All

I updated the original post with the full list of modifications done to the car.

Been planning out my next set of mods so just wanted to give anyone reading an update.

January will be a full month of projects. Here is what I have in mind:

Paint restore44 lip in LBB

Fit LBB autoid mirror caps

Install JL Audio back shelf speakers

Fit new rear black reflectors

Dent removal: I have 4-5 small dents on the passenger side panels that the previous owner didn't mention. Honestly though, small dents are to be expected with a 3 year old car.

Get a proper exterior detail since my ppf edges are getting dirty
      12-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #35
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
All

I updated the original post with the full list of modifications done to the car.

Been planning out my next set of mods so just wanted to give anyone reading an update.

Dent removal: I have 4-5 small dents on the passenger side panels that the previous owner didn't mention. Honestly though, small dents are to be expected with a 3 year old car.

I've got to get two rock chips/dents on my hood taken care of, and 3 small paintless repairs on my driver side fender.

The hood would be expensive to do perfectly unfortunately.

I just had gyeon ceramic and paint correction performed on my car .. it's amazing the difference it made.
      12-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #36
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All

I've got to get two rock chips/dents on my hood taken care of, and 3 small paintless repairs on my driver side fender.

The hood would be expensive to do perfectly unfortunately.

I just had gyeon ceramic and paint correction performed on my car .. it's amazing the difference it made.
Nice! How expensive is it for the hood? Maybe it's time for you to get a gts hood from suvneer!

I was thinking about getting paint correction but most of my car is covered with ppf. Only my doors and the top of my rear quarter panels are exposed so I'm not sure if it's worth the cash.
I guess I need to look into a ppf refresh of some sorts.
      12-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #37
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
To do the hood right, it's a blend and repaint so probably over a grand after everything is stripped, repainted and blended. Proper paint work is expensive AF.
      12-14-2020, 11:07 AM   #38
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
To do the hood right, it's a blend and repaint so probably over a grand after everything is stripped, repainted and blended. Proper paint work is expensive AF.
Wow...
In that case, I'd definitely consider a gts hood. After everything painted and fitted, I've read that it's about $1500. I plan on doing the same waaaay down the line
      12-28-2020, 12:07 AM   #39
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

12/28:

While visiting my family down in Florida, I was researching wheels and whether or not I wanted to powdercoat my stock wheels. After talking through it with my girlfriend (who hates hearing about my car mods ), I came to the conclusion that buying a new set made more sense since powdercoated 437ms won't sell if I ever decide to change down the line. So naturally, I started looking at deals online. I was saddened to see that the only wheels within my budget were the apex wheels. It seems like everyone and their mothers are running those anthracite ec7s.

Long story short, I found a 3 month old set of BBS CIRs for a steal. The owner is another bimmerpost member and a definite car enthusiast. We spoke for about an hour in the garage about our cars before realizing we still needed to take a look at the wheels . Needless to say, I picked them up and they will be mounted in early January. I am over the moon with excitement as I'd never thought I would own a set of BBS wheels-- especially not for the price I picked them for.

Also, while I was home I picked up my old 8 inch powered subwoofer. I think I will try it out before going with a larger 12 inch sub. I think I may be starting to appreciate a more balanced sound system as I get older. 18 year old me would have already bought the 12 inch. I also picked up a technic pnp add a sub harness for $50!

I am so excited to get my lip, jl audio speakers, subwoofer, autoid mirrors, and BBS CIRs installed.
Attached Images

Last edited by SebsM2; 12-28-2020 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 2
hson10140.00
TargaM22489.00
      01-07-2021, 02:39 PM   #40
iiNNeX
rwd = fun
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4CP

Garage List
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Great wheel choice bud, I am looking forward to seeing how that sits!

Gone: '18 M2 LCI Manual, '02 E46 M3 SMG, '05 E46 M3 Manual
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 02:40 AM   #41
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNNeX View Post
Great wheel choice bud, I am looking forward to seeing how that sits!
Thank you. I was looking to get some titan 7 ts5s instead but I think I'll run these until I can at least find a good set for a good price.
      01-21-2021, 10:12 PM   #42
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

1/21/21

So over the first few weeks of January, I was able to install the following

1. Rockford Fostgate 12" Powered Sub
This was super easy to install after picking up the TechnicPnP add a sub harness.
It sounds great but the full enjoyment has been snuffed by a few rattles I have still. I just need a bit more time with the car and I will track them down.

2. JL Audio C2-400X
Like the RF sub, it was plug and play. I think I could have skipped these as the sub overpowers them. However, they do sound pretty good when I disconnect the sub.

3. AutoID Long Beach Blue M-style Mirror housings
These look so much better than the carbon fiber caps I had before. The fitment is pretty good. I ordered the sequential turn signals off of eBay but sadly they didn't fit.

4. AutoID CF Shark fin
I was not happy with the way I wrapped my shark fin so I decided to pick this up off the forum. I would not have gotten it had it not been in the US-- customs had lots of fun with my autoID mirror housings. If any of you guys plan on picking this up, do yourself a favor and use your own double-sided tape.

5. BBS CIRs
Because of the 3/4 Series offsets, I went with 20mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers in the back. These look great and made me pretty happy with my exterior. I haven't decided if I want to keep the silver rim guards, black the rim guards out, or completely powdercoat these in triple bronze. What do you guys think?

6. Garmin Mini Dash Cam
I planned on getting the blackvue dash but found this for close to free so I will be running it for awhile.
Attached Images

Last edited by SebsM2; 01-21-2021 at 10:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2021, 07:23 PM   #43
Sundinisagod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Wow great car and mods Seb!

I’ll be checking in often as I plan to do many same/similar mods.

Just picked up an ‘18 but will drive it stock for a bit first. Probably next winter I’ll mod it, til then lots or research to be done.
Appreciate 1
SebsM2649.00
      02-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #44
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
Wow great car and mods Seb!

I'll be checking in often as I plan to do many same/similar mods.

Just picked up an '18 but will drive it stock for a bit first. Probably next winter I'll mod it, til then lots or research to be done.
Thanks! Good luck driving stock— the mod bug will hit you faster than you expect!