BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What did you do to your M2 today?

09-14-2020, 10:26 PM   #6579
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
Appreciate the time snapping and posting the pics in nice overcast conditions akkando !

I see what you mean by nearly perfect. I also noticed the issue you called out where the 2 black pieces meet aren't perfect. It might bother my dumb OCD, so I'll have to think it over (yep I know, literally no one will notice but me and maybe my wife, but it is a mod for me and not others so something to consider). Although, OEM is stupidly expensive, so what can you do...

Thanks again! Looks really great otherwise! Our cars really should've just come with "M mirrors" from the factory.
Overcast? It's smoke! West coast of the US is on fire. First time I been out of the house in like 5 days! Air quality has been really bad and sometimes dangerous.
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that, that bit of news had sort of slipped my mind since I'm in Canada and kids just started going back to school and covid cases are trending back up. Is it extremely hard to breathe outside? I hope things get better on your end, that's a lot of smoke!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 10:29 PM   #6580
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyx11 View Post
Flashed the car to BM3 Stage 2 e30 OTS tune. Ordered Fuel-It Bluetooth flex fuel analyzer, LPFP & Dorch Stage 2 HPFP

Also had ER boost pipe, MST turbo inlet and Turbosmart plumb-back Diverter valve installed. Full bolt on now and along with the fuel upgrades I'll only need Pure Stage 2 turbo to be able to get 500whp pretty reliably.
I'm guessing you got all of these things done at once so it might not be fair to ask. But, do you have any immediate before/after impressions of the Turbosmart plumb back BOV? Thinking of doing this along with CSF FMIC and FTP pipes in preparation for stage 2 myself.
Appreciate 1
seanyx11234.00
      09-14-2020, 11:06 PM   #6581
seanyx11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Mineral Gray

Garage List
2023 BMW M240i  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyx11 View Post
Flashed the car to BM3 Stage 2 e30 OTS tune. Ordered Fuel-It Bluetooth flex fuel analyzer, LPFP & Dorch Stage 2 HPFP

Also had ER boost pipe, MST turbo inlet and Turbosmart plumb-back Diverter valve installed. Full bolt on now and along with the fuel upgrades I'll only need Pure Stage 2 turbo to be able to get 500whp pretty reliably.
I'm guessing you got all of these things done at once so it might not be fair to ask. But, do you have any immediate before/after impressions of the Turbosmart plumb back BOV? Thinking of doing this along with CSF FMIC and FTP pipes in preparation for stage 2 myself.
I did the Diverter valve, boost pipe and turbo inlet at once and I noticed a better throttle response. It definitely feels better on the butt dyno for sure. I imagine doing the charge/boost pipes, FMIC and DV all at once you should feel it. Either way, it definitely future proofs it to be ready to add more boost with stage 2 turbo and tune.
Appreciate 1
gphung193.50
      09-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #6582
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Oh man I'm sorry to hear that, that bit of news had sort of slipped my mind since I'm in Canada and kids just started going back to school and covid cases are trending back up. Is it extremely hard to breathe outside? I hope things get better on your end, that's a lot of smoke!
It's not hard to breathe outside at this level of air quality unless your respiratory system is compromised. It did however give me a headache when I spent some time outside when it was this bad. It was twice as bad before that and I didn't even go outside or open a window. I think exercise outside would make you feel even worse. My real concern is what is the long term affects of living in this level of air quality? Hopefully it improves and I won't find out. It's currently much worse and considered "dangerous" for healthy people in other areas of the US now like Oregon, Eastern Washington, and Northern Idaho. Unfortunately I am supposed to travel to Idaho on Thursday to see my father where there isn't much to do except outdoor activities..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #6583
Rub1con76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 M2

Wrapped the bars behind the kidneys and put a stek dyno foil on the headlights.
Not sure of the dark, maybe change it to 1 tint lighter
Attached Images

09-15-2020, 04:27 PM   #6584
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub1con76 View Post
Wrapped the bars behind the kidneys...
I've always wanted to do this. Is it pretty easy?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 04:31 PM   #6585
Rub1con76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub1con76 View Post
Wrapped the bars behind the kidneys...
I've always wanted to do this. Is it pretty easy?
Yes, about 30 min work. Getting the 1st kidney out is the hardest part.
      09-15-2020, 04:59 PM   #6586
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Finally got my Sparcos sorted. Anxiously awaiting my half cage.
Nice! What seat mounts did you go with? Do you plan on retaining the oem 3pt belts for street use in addition to harnesses?
Mounted the QRT-R steel side mounts on Macht Schnell Clubsport seat mounts with sliders. I am retaining the 3point street belts with Sparco 6pt. harnesses.
Sorry for all the questions, I'm plotting to do seats/cage soon.

What are you mounting the lap belts to? Bolted to the floor? How about the 3pt lap belt connector?
Bolted to the floor. Lap belt buckle mounted to the seat mount.
Appreciate 1
detroitm22427.50
      09-15-2020, 06:53 PM   #6587
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nice! What seat mounts did you go with? Do you plan on retaining the oem 3pt belts for street use in addition to harnesses?
Mounted the QRT-R steel side mounts on Macht Schnell Clubsport seat mounts with sliders. I am retaining the 3point street belts with Sparco 6pt. harnesses.

What are you mounting the lap belts to? Bolted to the floor? How about the 3pt lap belt connector?
Did the clubsport setup come with a spot to mount the 3pt receptical, or did you order the one that they sell for their lightweight floor mounts?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 07:33 PM   #6588
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did the clubsport setup come with a spot to mount the 3pt receptical, or did you order the one that they sell for their lightweight floor mounts?
It comes with a mounting point. But I suggest you purchase the Sparco base and mount everything because I had to do a bit of rigging to get the QRT mounts to match the Macht Schnell.
Appreciate 1
detroitm22427.50
      09-15-2020, 07:36 PM   #6589
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It comes with a mounting point. But I suggest you purchase the Sparco base and mount everything because I had to do a bit of rigging to get the QRT mounts to match the Macht Schnell.
Perfect. Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2020, 08:33 PM   #6590
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Added Android Auto support (via an AVINUSA Android head unit, and Headunit Reloaded app) and replaced the tacky gloss black radio/HVAC trim with a carbon fiber piece from ECD
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
///AVM2528.00
Altra265.50
Nicname350.00
      09-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #6591
Duke Silver
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF87LCI View Post
Fitted KW v3's. Think they still need a bit of fettling once settled. Quick phone pic....[IMG][/IMG]
What's your take on the comfort level for street? Changed any of the rebound/compression settings from the factory settings?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #6592
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
Added Android Auto support (via an AVINUSA Android head unit, and Headunit Reloaded app) and replaced the tacky gloss black radio/HVAC trim with a carbon fiber piece from ECD
That trim looks fantastic! How close does it match the carbon inside the car? Where did you get it?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #6593
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Quote:
Fitted KW v3's. Think they still need a bit of fettling once settled. Quick phone pic....[IMG][/IMG]
What's your take on the comfort level for street? Changed any of the rebound/compression settings from the factory settings?
Tbh find it pretty comparable to oem in terms of stiffness. But it seems to deal with sharp bumps better (less harsh,better damped) I've not played with compression or rebound settings yet, believe as default they come as track setting?

I've just been trying to get the ride height some where that I'm happy with, so adjusted that yesterday. Only done about 40 miles since install, so need to get out for a good drive this weekend. Maybe play about with the other settings.

Overall though I'm really happy with them so far. Great step up from stock and got them at a steal so can't complain.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #6594
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
That trim looks fantastic! How close does it match the carbon inside the car? Where did you get it?
100% match for OEM. Purchased from ECD Performance. Only downside was shipping cost from Germany and wait time

https://shop.ecd-performance.de/en/c...ce?language=en

They have both pre and post-LCI versions.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:39 AM   #6595
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
100% match for OEM. Purchased from ECD Performance. Only downside was shipping cost from Germany and wait time

https://shop.ecd-performance.de/en/c...ce?language=en

They have both pre and post-LCI versions.

Ouch! $130 for shipping. Thats insane. I bought my front lip and side skirts from Germany and it didnt cost much more than that.

Gunna try to reach out to them directly to see if they can give me a better quote.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #6596
Matt Devo
Recovering RS4 owner
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Ouch! $130 for shipping. Thats insane. I bought my front lip and side skirts from Germany and it didnt cost much more than that.

Gunna try to reach out to them directly to see if they can give me a better quote.

Thanks!
I tried, spoke to the owner even -- DPD is the only shipping option they offer (which ends up being DHL internationally).
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:25 PM   #6597
TripleU
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 M2, 23 Ford F150 Raptor

Garage List
  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Re-taped and re-installed my M-Performance spoiler after seeing the original tape that came with the spoiler started loosening. This time I applied 3M adhesive primer which I highly recommend. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3I1JR6..._5ISyFbAE7TN5B

Leaving the blue painters tape on overnight just to secure the spoiler.
Attached Images

Past: 2015 Lexus IS 250, 2014 Volkswagen CC R-Line
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 09:39 PM   #6598
Duke Silver
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2

Quote:
Tbh find it pretty comparable to oem in terms of stiffness. But it seems to deal with sharp bumps better (less harsh,better damped) I've not played with compression or rebound settings yet, believe as default they come as track setting?

I've just been trying to get the ride height some where that I'm happy with, so adjusted that yesterday. Only done about 40 miles since install, so need to get out for a good drive this weekend. Maybe play about with the other settings.

Overall though I'm really happy with them so far. Great step up from stock and got them at a steal so can't complain.
Cheers for the response. Good to know that they're not overly harsh, I did have KW V3's on my STI and they were quite harsh compared to the stock suspension. Admittedly I only ever tried adjusting them once or twice and found it impossible to adjust the rear rebound setting...
Appreciate 1
      09-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #6599
MikeF87LCI
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Retrofitted Apple CarPlay courtesy of kubax86

Also added the WiFi antenna to help with signal
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
moebiuz105.50
      09-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #6600
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
got the Eibach pro-kit springs installed, can't believe how easy it was. 3 bolts per corner up front and 2 in the rear. Time to schedule an alignment!
Pictures? Hopefully I didn't miss them somewhere!
Appreciate 0