BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > 564 M2 CS Allocations Released For USA

09-16-2020, 08:48 AM   #287
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001 View Post
Anyone has a lead on an allocation for a m2cs for msrp, can you pm me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Post #171
Yes, I actually contacted TJ. He can do MSRP, but he wasn't going for PCD.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 09:03 AM   #288
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Yes, I actually contacted TJ. He can do MSRP, but he wasn't going for PCD.
I thought I saw a note from someone else along the way that PCD was blocked on the M2CS for some reason. Not sure if that was you, or an early glitch or what. But I remember seeing that come up. Did you find PCD with someone?
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #289
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I thought I saw a note from someone else along the way that PCD was blocked on the M2CS for some reason. Not sure if that was you, or an early glitch or what. But I remember seeing that come up. Did you find PCD with someone?
No, I've decided to still hold out hope for the M2C ED I have on order. That delivery was supposed to be a week from Saturday, but has been pushed to October 19. It's not likely to happen, but the car is built and if I can get in, I can do that. If it doesn't happen, I'm leaning at just walking away from the whole thing and sticking with my F82 for now. I may well end up just walking away from the brand after this car.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #290
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
Very Good point - I would hope the dealer would accommodate a winter wheel set up to get the car home, especially here in Germany where there are potential legal issues with not having the proper tires in winter months.
Besides installing winter tires in place of the stock ones, the actual winter setup appears to be the same as the M2C, 641Ms with 235/35/19s in a square setup.

https://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-winter...112471479.html
Appreciate 1
cncmastr1568.50
      09-16-2020, 11:04 AM   #291
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Who here purchased the allocation across state lines and is expecting delivery in winter? Have a few open allocations but terrified of receiving a car i can’t inspect prior to signing all the paperwork that needs to make it across 16 plus hours in possible winter weather
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #292
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
Who here purchased the allocation across state lines and is expecting delivery in winter? Have a few open allocations but terrified of receiving a car i can’t inspect prior to signing all the paperwork that needs to make it across 16 plus hours in possible winter weather
I had a bad experience with delivery of my last car. I made the purchase site unseen. I paid to have it shipped in an enclosed trailer. The car was so filthy that the shipping company wouldn't even put one of their car covers on it for fear the car cover would scratch the paint on the next car.

They left the car sitting outside in the snow, and claimed they didn't know when the truck was arriving. I did get some remedy through Jaguar corporate $600 vouchers and about $300 worth of accessories.

My advice is to not sign the final paperwork without a video conference with the SA walking over the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #293
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

In context with the post above about inspecting a car on delivery.

Should the buyer leave the shipping plastic on the car during transport home or to detailer, or should you remove the plastic at the dealership and inspect it before delivery?

I was inclined to leave the plastic on and drive it to the detailers, but what if you notice paint damage under the plastic. Is the dealership still responsible. I'm kinda thinking I need to remove the plastic at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #294
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
It might be worth checking with your SA locally about what the BMW courtesy delivery stuff includes. You pay like 600 bucks to the dealer, and that handles the transfer at delivery time. This may give you the chance to review/reject etc as you please.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 11:18 AM   #295
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
In context with the post above about inspecting a car on delivery.

Should the buyer leave the shipping plastic on the car during transport home or to detailer, or should you remove the plastic at the dealership and inspect it before delivery?

I was inclined to leave the plastic on and drive it to the detailers, but what if you notice paint damage under the plastic. Is the dealership still responsible. I'm kinda thinking I need to remove the plastic at the dealership.
I have them remove all the plastic and "prep" the car without actually doing the full detailing (no buffing). It doesn't add that much work for my detailer to correct, and it makes sure that the dealer has inspected the car themselves and everything is clean and visible for me and in the showroom when I go to receive the car.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 02:13 PM   #296
E92Mthusiast
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, ferrari F360

I have a CS allocation. If any is interested, shoot me a PM.
'08 E90 M3- AW 6spd/Slicktop, '23 M340-SSG on black w/ blue stitching, '22 Nissan frontier Pro4x (daily), '83 Porsche 944 Guards/Black 5 spd, '02 Porsche 911tt Track car, Lotus Emira 1st edition, V6, 6 spd ON ORDER
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:39 PM   #297
JacobBMWMC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Gents here is the deal.

Purchased the M2 Competition September 2019 for about $62k, HS Manual. Currently, it is rarely driven and has about 6k parked away in the garage corner (Toyota Tundra as the daily). Financed through BMW at 0.9% and have about $34k left on the loan.

I let the local dealership know that I might be interested in the M2 CS when I purchased the M2C. They called a few days ago and said they received an allocation and I had until the end of the week to decide if I wanted to move ahead. Here is their offer:

Trade-In M2C $49k
M2CS MSRP ~85k

Can we confirm the U.S. market is for sure only getting 466 M2CS and that the M2 lineup will end production soon? If so that would make this 2X more rare than the 2011 1M. I'm only interested in the M2CS if its worth the collection standpoint; meaning I would never drive it and only look at it with the expectation of dramatic appreciation in 7 years. What's the consensus on the M2CS becoming the collectors M2 when this is all said and done?

I'm still keeping an eye on the upcoming C8 Z06 with its anticipated first American made 650HP flat plane crank V8 starting in the mid $80s. However, they will produce a ton of those as opposed to 466. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #298
gemini.m3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobBMWMC View Post
Gents here is the deal.

Purchased the M2 Competition September 2019 for about $62k, HS Manual. Currently, it is rarely driven and has about 6k parked away in the garage corner (Toyota Tundra as the daily). Financed through BMW at 0.9% and have about $34k left on the loan.

I let the local dealership know that I might be interested in the M2 CS when I purchased the M2C. They called a few days ago and said they received an allocation and I had until the end of the week to decide if I wanted to move ahead. Here is their offer:

Trade-In M2C $49k
M2CS MSRP ~85k

Can we confirm the U.S. market is for sure only getting 466 M2CS and that the M2 lineup will end production soon? If so that would make this 2X more rare than the 2011 1M. I'm only interested in the M2CS if its worth the collection standpoint; meaning I would never drive it and only look at it with the expectation of dramatic appreciation in 7 years. What's the consensus on the M2CS becoming the collectors M2 when this is all said and done?

I'm still keeping an eye on the upcoming C8 Z06 with its anticipated first American made 650HP flat plane crank V8 starting in the mid $80s. However, they will produce a ton of those as opposed to 466. Thoughts?
In a similar boat as you but with an m3 instead. I think this car has at least s2000 CR potential, IF they actually only produce 466. In the 5-10 years how many low mileage examples are going to exist?) s2000 crs go well over i saw one sold the other day for 76k with 10k miles so someone bought that car in the 40s- enjoyed it for ten years by weekend driving and they flipped it for 30k profit? The comparison to the m3 cs line doesn’t make a ton of sense to me because they are so similar to the m3 comp but the m2 cs has substantial differences from the m2 comp.

Not to mention we might not see another m2 until 2023 at least and with the way bmw design language is going... could be another factor
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:07 PM   #299
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobBMWMC View Post
Gents here is the deal.

Trade-In M2C $49k
M2CS MSRP ~85k

THOUGHTS, you ask . . .

The M2CS ain’t no 1M.

1M was a one-off.

The M2CS ain’t no one-off. It is an over-priced M2C.

Moreover, BMW ain’t stopping at the F87, as the G87 is just around the corner.

I said it many times before . . . BMW does not dictate what is ‘special’ by slapping a ‘limited edition’ tag on it. Enthusiasts dictate what is special, and they have already spoken . . . the M2C is special and BMW is trying to ride its own coattails with the M2CS.

Those are MY thoughts . . . glad you asked?

I buy what I like and want, not what I think others like and want. . . or how much someone else MIGHT pay for it some number of years down the road when it is, as JC states, an obsolete motorized appliance.

///AVM

P.S. apologies to Dave, SDH and the like . . . been a while since I came up for air. I will re-submerge.
Appreciate 1
arciga181726.00
      09-16-2020, 09:15 PM   #300
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2CS+GTS Targa+RRS SVR

I had an M3cs. That has held its value surprisingly well but all f80 m3s have.

There is no “collector value” There is just less depreciation. I’ve had 6 porsche gt cars since 2014 and some depreciated less Than others.

There are so many unspoken for allocations out there. There will be be inventory when they are delivered and inevitably discounts. Anyone buying at msrp now is really just paying for the privilege of “day one” cars.

Hmmnnn. Anyone selling a lightly used m2 comp or m3/m4 in a manual let me know!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #301
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
THOUGHTS, you ask . . .

The M2CS ain’t no 1M.

1M was a one-off.

The M2CS ain’t no one-off. It is an over-priced M2C.

Moreover, BMW ain’t stopping at the F87, as the G87 is just around the corner.

I said it many times before . . . BMW does not dictate what is ‘special’ by slapping a ‘limited edition’ tag on it. Enthusiasts dictate what is special, and they have already spoken . . . the M2C is special and BMW is trying to ride its own coattails with the M2CS.

Those are MY thoughts . . . glad you asked?

I buy what I like and want, not what I think others like and want. . . or how much someone else MIGHT pay for it some number of years down the road when it is, as JC states, an obsolete motorized appliance.

///AVM

P.S. apologies to Dave, SDH and the like . . . been a while since I came up for air. I will re-submerge.
Tell us how you really feel in all seriousness there is much truth to this. The 1M was a parts bin hodgepodge that "shouldn't have happened." And that's what gave it instant cool factor. Combine this with a price tag that allowed all the peasants to drive one and it's a recipe for success.

It's the peasants that create the fervor that launch things into desirability. You need numbers to drive momentum. Do I think the 1M is truly collectible? Nope, it's just increased in value because of created buzz and it's still in peasant pricing territory. A $20k gain over 20yrs for a 50k investment is a shitty investment. A 20k gain on an unpredictable depreciating asset is just winning a small lottery. I wouldn't consider the powerball an investment strategy.

The M2C will be the car that gets the attention because, you guessed it, it's going to be cheaper than the CS and provide more bang for the buck. It will be more affordable to a larger audience. The CS will hold value to a much smaller audience. The reason why the current CS buyer's are not buying a C? They want a CS.

There's a difference between collectible and desirable.

If your planning to buy a CS for collectability or desirability, then your buying for the wrong reasons

And don't get butthurt about the peasant reference. Everyone is a peasant to someone else.
Appreciate 3
///AVM2528.00
BigHunk269.50
      09-16-2020, 09:53 PM   #302
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
In a similar boat as you but with an m3 instead. I think this car has at least s2000 CR potential, IF they actually only produce 466. In the 5-10 years how many low mileage examples are going to exist?) s2000 crs go well over i saw one sold the other day for 76k with 10k miles so someone bought that car in the 40s- enjoyed it for ten years by weekend driving and they flipped it for 30k profit? The comparison to the m3 cs line doesn’t make a ton of sense to me because they are so similar to the m3 comp but the m2 cs has substantial differences from the m2 comp.

Not to mention we might not see another m2 until 2023 at least and with the way bmw design language is going... could be another factor
I wouldn't buy a car on the hopes of making money ever. Frankly money in any conservative investment will do better. If you are excited by the car and the idea of it holding value sweetens the deal, great. However, I wouldn't purchase around the pricing. I think the CR comparison is reasonable relative to the M2C moreso than the 1M comparisons. It'll be years before that is known though, and that's a long game to play. Again, buy it if you love it.

Regarding the later comment here about open allocations and buying below msrp. We'll see. I'm sure there will be a few discounted. But open allocations and unsold cars discounted months after they are delivered to the states will be the truer test.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      09-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #303
gemini.m3
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Tell us how you really feel in all seriousness there is much truth to this. The 1M was a parts bin hodgepodge that "shouldn't have happened." And that's what gave it instant cool factor. Combine this with a price tag that allowed all the peasants to drive one and it's a recipe for success.

It's the peasants that create the fervor that launch things into desirability. You need numbers to drive momentum. Do I think the 1M is truly collectible? Nope, it's just increased in value because of created buzz and it's still in peasant pricing territory. A $20k gain over 20yrs for a 50k investment is a shitty investment. A 20k gain on an unpredictable depreciating asset is just winning a small lottery. I wouldn't consider the powerball an investment strategy.

The M2C will be the car that gets the attention because, you guessed it, it's going to be cheaper than the CS and provide more bang for the buck. It will be more affordable to a larger audience. The CS will hold value to a much smaller audience. The reason why the current CS buyer's are not buying a C? They want a CS.

There's a difference between collectible and desirable.

If your planning to buy a CS for collectability or desirability, then your buying for the wrong reasons

And don't get butthurt about the peasant reference. Everyone is a peasant to someone else.
Honestly one of the things pushing me to buy the m2 cs is the fact that as my m3 comp has depreciated, I've seen the car become more available to people and while I think its awesome that more people can drive a nice car, I'd like to have something i don't see on the road all the time. The M3s are unfortunately always going to be like this because its mass produced, offered in aggressive leasing, etc

I'd love to go to cars and coffee with an M2 cs, might see 1 or 2, if any in my area

After much back and forth and losing an allocation in my city - I found the car again 8 hours away and I think I'm ready to put a deposit on it in the morning for a week 46 build.

I'm upset that I'm going to trade in my mint m3 comp at a bargain with 8-10k miles in January and full PPF, but I don't want to miss out on this car and regret it later.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #304
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Honestly one of the things pushing me to buy the m2 cs is the fact that as my m3 comp has depreciated, I've seen the car become more available to people and while I think its awesome that more people can drive a nice car, I'd like to have something i don't see on the road all the time. The M3s are unfortunately always going to be like this because its mass produced, offered in aggressive leasing, etc

I'd love to go to cars and coffee with an M2 cs, might see 1 or 2, if any in my area

After much back and forth and losing an allocation in my city - I found the car again 8 hours away and I think I'm ready to put a deposit on it in the morning for a week 46 build.

I'm upset that I'm going to trade in my mint m3 comp at a bargain with 8-10k miles in January and full PPF, but I don't want to miss out on this car and regret it later.
Not sure where you are located, but I think you can get that rarity with just a regular M2/M2C. I see M3/4s all the time and it's getting annoying. I rarely see an M2/M2C...especially in MGM for the OG M2 and SO for the M2C. I think the M3/4 got so powerful that it drew M5 buyers down and got so mainstream that it drew MB/Audi buyers over, all the while retaining most of the traditional M3 crowd. The logical continuation of that in the G8x will likely see quite a few of that third group fall off.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:25 PM   #305
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
My SA said the same thing at first, M2 CS not eligible for PCD. So I contacted the performance center and they said it is, same as any BMW.

I feel like what's happening here is some inexperienced SAs confusing PCD with ED, thinking they're going to lose money on the deal if they do PCD like they did with ED, which is not the case. PCD does not cost the dealership or SA anything, BMW NA pays for it completely. Unlike ED which came at a major cost to the dealership which is why they all refused to do them which is why the program died.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 10:50 PM   #306
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
My SA said the same thing at first, M2 CS not eligible for PCD. So I contacted the performance center and they said it is, same as any BMW.

I feel like what's happening here is some inexperienced SAs confusing PCD with ED, thinking they're going to lose money on the deal if they do PCD like they did with ED, which is not the case. PCD does not cost the dealership or SA anything, BMW NA pays for it completely. Unlike ED which came at a major cost to the dealership which is why they all refused to do them which is why the program died.
Yup...but the PCD car doesn't get to sit in the showroom for oglers to drool over before you get there.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:27 AM   #307
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
Not sure where you are located, but I think you can get that rarity with just a regular M2/M2C. I see M3/4s all the time and it's getting annoying. I rarely see an M2/M2C...especially in MGM for the OG M2 and SO for the M2C. I think the M3/4 got so powerful that it drew M5 buyers down and got so mainstream that it drew MB/Audi buyers over, all the while retaining most of the traditional M3 crowd. The logical continuation of that in the G8x will likely see quite a few of that third group fall off.
We see about 3:1 more M2s at cars and coffee in my area over late model M3/M4s. So it probably varies a lot by area. I have never seen a SO M2 in person though, I'll give you that!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #308
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
We see about 3:1 more M2s at cars and coffee in my area over late model M3/M4s. So it probably varies a lot by area. I have never seen a SO M2 in person though, I'll give you that!
Precisely why that's the color I've ordered. I saw just one driving around where I am in Southern California for a couple months earlier this year and then it just disappeared. LBB, HS, BSM and AW are somewhat common sightings, though nowhere near the M3/4 sightings.
Appreciate 0