BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What did you do to your M2C today?

06-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #2179
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Do you know where in BimmerCode? I looked, but didn't see it.

I saw a video where you went into expert mode (and set the value for one less than you wanted on flashes), but the sub-sub area wasn't on my BimmerCode.
I have Bimmercode, but I actually only used it to do a few things that I couldn't do with Carly. Carly will change it to 5 blinks. I was lucky to sign up for Carly long ago so they gave me a lifetime version
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 11:51 AM   #2180
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Purchased the best OEM mod available for the M2C ...M Performance coilovers (yes, I considered KW v3 as well). Can't wait to get them installed. It will just make me love the M2C even more.

The stock suspension is decent, but I still feel more body roll than I would like. And of course it doesn't hurt that the compression/rebound are configurable.

All manufacturers these days have stock cars with immense hp and crazy 0 to 60 times. But very few cars come out of the box with handling that matches those hp figures.

"Power is nothing without control."

I'm sure my previous GT4 is to blame.
Let us know your thoughts please... i too am on the fence about this. Specifically to address the aggressive rebound.
Appreciate 1
csbear1118.00
      06-15-2020, 01:17 PM   #2181
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Purchased the best OEM mod available for the M2C ...M Performance coilovers (yes, I considered KW v3 as well). Can't wait to get them installed. It will just make me love the M2C even more.

The stock suspension is decent, but I still feel more body roll than I would like. And of course it doesn't hurt that the compression/rebound are configurable.

All manufacturers these days have stock cars with immense hp and crazy 0 to 60 times. But very few cars come out of the box with handling that matches those hp figures.

"Power is nothing without control."

I'm sure my previous GT4 is to blame.
Please follow up with a review and photos! Can't wait 😁👍🏼
Appreciate 1
csbear1118.00
      06-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #2182
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Pulled the stock exhaust tips, painted the exhaust with Rust-O-Leum high temperature primer and paint, and installed BMS replica 95mm black chrome exhaust tips.

I didn't drop the diffuser-- just used gloves over the exhaust tips and ran thin plastic sheeting between the exhaust canister and the body.

Work good, last long time.

Headed from Denver to NoCal tomorrow, NorCal to Tacoma next week, and Tacoma back to Denver at the end of the month, so we'll see how the high-temp paint lasts-- I'll heat cycle it as directed either tonight or tomorrow before I leave.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #2183
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Installed european sun visors to get rid of those silly air bag warnings.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      06-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #2184
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Pulled the stock exhaust tips, painted the exhaust with Rust-O-Leum high temperature primer and paint, and installed BMS replica 95mm black chrome exhaust tips.

I didn't drop the diffuser-- just used gloves over the exhaust tips and ran thin plastic sheeting between the exhaust canister and the body.

Headed from Denver to NoCal tomorrow, NorCal to Tacoma next week, and Tacoma back to Denver at the end of the month, so we'll see how the high-temp paint lasts-- I'll heat cycle it as directed either tonight or tomorrow before I leave.
FLY

Nice work brother!

Honestly, not sure why the utter does not bother me? Nonetheless, the black paint looks nice as well.

Now, for the important topic . . . those properly sized exhaust tips? Look great!!! Couple questions. Do they have a notch like the stock exhaust tips, which basically makes fitment a no-brainer (e.g., just line of stud on exhaust with notch in exhaust tips?) Do the BMS exhaust tips just slide on and are secured like the stock tips, or did you have to brace them into place?

Thank you

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #2185
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

I have those tips also. They look great and help hide that gap above the tips. Be prepared for them to develop a bit of blue hue like motorcycle pipes, personally I like it.
If anyone wants these you might have a tough time. I don't think they make them anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:41 PM   #2186
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:

I have those tips also. They look great and help hide that gap above the tips. Be prepared for them to develop a bit of blue hue like motorcycle pipes, personally I like it.
If anyone wants these you might have a tough time. I don't think they make them anymore.
. . . that likely explain why I cannot find them online Alps.

Could you answer the questions in my prior post to FLY?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:49 PM   #2187
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:

Are the BMS ones available again? If so where? I thought the they were all sold out.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:50 PM   #2188
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
. . . that likely explain why I cannot find them online Alps.

Could you answer the questions in my prior post to FLY?

///AVM
They are just a friction fit. It takes some trial and error but mine are perfectly aligned. After they've been on there for awhile they get tighter. I get lots of compliments on them at car meets. People often think it is an aftermarket exhaust. I don't mind telling them "no just the tips."
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:53 PM   #2189
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
They are just a friction fit. It takes some trial and error but mine are perfectly aligned. After they've been on there for awhile they get tighter. I get lots of compliments on them at car meets. People often think it is an aftermarket exhaust. I don't mind telling them "no just the tips."
Alps, as to my other question - echoed by Scout - is there any way of determining if the tips are still available?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #2190
Quicksilver_M2C
Go for it now. The future is promised to no one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Are the BMS ones available again? If so where? I thought the they were all sold out.
I'm also interested... I purchased the BMS matte black tips but like the black chrome better.

Last edited by Quicksilver_M2C; 06-15-2020 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:01 PM   #2191
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep

I searched pretty hard to find them about a year ago. I'll keep an eye out.
Edit:
Searching my usual sources, I only found the matte black or silver. They look the same shape. I think used is about the only option for chrome black.

https://burgertuning.com/products/bi...2c099a49&_ss=r

Last edited by AlpsRider; 06-15-2020 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #2192
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
FLY

Nice work brother!

Honestly, not sure why the utter does not bother me? Nonetheless, the black paint looks nice as well.

Now, for the important topic . . . those properly sized exhaust tips? Look great!!! Couple questions. Do they have a notch like the stock exhaust tips, which basically makes fitment a no-brainer (e.g., just line of stud on exhaust with notch in exhaust tips?) Do the BMS exhaust tips just slide on and are secured like the stock tips, or did you have to brace them into place?

Thank you

///AVM
The tips are BMS Replica's. I got them from Rintaxi here on the forum last December (about a day after I put down a deposit on the car-- I think I got the last set?). I just got around to painting the exhaust and installing them today.

They're BIG in comparison to the oem tips. I wasn't sold at first, but my wife loved them. After an afternoon running errands after installing, I agree-- they look like they should have come in that size.

They have a cutout for the peg on the exhaust, so lining them up is fairly easy-- BUT, they're so damn big that the peg disappears when you try to push them all the way back. Just keep a light on the peg so you can see it, and push-- then they'll snug up to the slash cut on the exhaust, and they fit fine. They're just pressure-fit, just like the stock ones-- no clamps or any other buffoonery. There are 5-6 metal flanges inside that hold it in place.

I'll probably sell them-- once I pick up a used Dinan exhaust from someone here in a couple years!

R.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2531.00
      06-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #2193
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Added some sound deadening. Noticeable difference on the freeway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DARKMTTR229.00
      06-16-2020, 05:25 PM   #2194
contented
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT, 2022 Ford Bronco

Mine received its 1,250 initial service today. Coming home brought a smile to my face.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #2195
BAN_M2C
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 991.2 Porsche GT3, BMW E46 M3

Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [8.25]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Proper wash and some pics of the new spoiler
Attached Images

Thescout134947.00
VisualEcho6642.50
IM2C2068.50
      06-17-2020, 03:01 AM   #2196
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Drove it from Denver to Ely, NV. 675 miles in about 10 hours or so with only two quick gas and go's.

1. This thing gets LOUD after that much time. I have the aluminum side panels and all of the sound proofing for the wheel wells and trunk, but I ran out of time and didn't get them installed. Big mistake. Huge.

2. I averaged 26.5 mpg. Stay under about 70 and it's not too bad. Go over 80, and you can literally watch the gas gauge go down.

3. Driving "The Loneliest Road in America" is a little disconcerting with "big engine/little fuel tank"-- There's not a lot of gas stations, so there were a few prudent stops.

4. I finally got to test out the auto high beams-- they worked really well. I'm pleased that I got the Executive Package. I do need to figure out what coding VLD does though.

5. Is there a way to stop CarPlay from receiving emails and TEXTS? That was driving me crazy tonight.

6. Important Safety Tip. When you plan a 4000 mile road trip and you pull your old hardwired V1 out of you other car? Make sure the cigarette lighter power cord works! No radar detector for me! I ordered a new cord and shipped it to my buddy's house, so I should be good for the next leg from the Bay Area to Tacoma.

7. Hitting the big car museum in Reno on the way tomorrow-- they're open. Yay!

Now? ZZZZzzzzz.
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #2197
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

10 hours in the M2! balls! I agree on the loudness, but I also have the full akrapovic. Safe travels!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:21 AM   #2198
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
5. Is there a way to stop CarPlay from receiving emails and TEXTS? That was driving me crazy tonight.
Press the moon button on the control panel on iphone (swipe down from top right of phone) this activates a feature called do not disturb. You will then not be disturbed.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #2199
nlebi
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Press the moon button on the control panel on iphone (swipe down from top right of phone) this activates a feature called do not disturb. You will then not be disturbed.
In the iPhone's do not disturb settings you can even set it so it activates when CarPlay is connected
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #2200
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlebi View Post
In the iPhone's do not disturb settings you can even set it so it activates when CarPlay is connected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Thanks guys-- I didn't even think of DND. I set it up and after reading (gasp!) it looks like it'll kill text messages but NOT phone calls-- which is exactly what I want.

Thanks again-- it was a long night.
Appreciate 0