BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

03-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #1585
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      03-26-2020, 07:27 PM   #1586
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I may be back to HS with gold wheels. This video seems to have swayed my wife away from Misano. Admittedly I get excited about HS, MB more because it's the exclusive color. She also was shocked by the low end interior and how dated it looks.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 01:38 PM   #1587
leemik
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe

Garage List
2020 Acura NSX  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [9.50]
Man I can't wait.. someone at BMW please tell me the status of my allocation!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #1588
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Thank you. I still very much like the car. I think the price is high and I’m not thrilled with the exhaust. But the photos and video Dave just posted are further proof it’s a true beauty. And I imagine I would be quite happy with the car’s versatility and performance. So I’m at least back to seriously considering it.
I've repeatedly tried to convince myself that there has to be something better out there with a nicer interior, but I keep coming back to the CS. 991 GTS is too refined. 991 GT3 is not practical enough for me. Lotus back seats might be more laughable than 911. Then factor in the price for the CS and it keeps showing up as a win.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #1589
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I've repeatedly tried to convince myself that there has to be something better out there with a nicer interior, but I keep coming back to the CS. 991 GTS is too refined. 991 GT3 is not practical enough for me. Lotus back seats might be more laughable than 911. Then factor in the price for the CS and it keeps showing up as a win.
In addition, the M2 CS offers a highly desirable and unusual combination of factors in the “looks department”. Where else can you find a car that beautiful, that sporty- and aggressive-looking *and* still so completely inconspicuous and under the radar?
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      03-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #1590
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Yes when factoring in options, a brand new 992 911 GTS, GT3, and of course turbo are all double the cost of a M2 CS. The M2 CS is even cheaper than a base 911 in base price by about $14k (before options).

Last edited by Hegge; 03-27-2020 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 08:13 PM   #1591
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Given our current situation with COVID-19, and the fact that it will most likely get worse before it gets better.

Do you guys feel that many potential buyers will bailout and pricing maybe more attractive in the coming months?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2020, 08:49 PM   #1592
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Given our current situation with COVID-19, and the fact that it will most likely get worse before it gets better.

Do you guys feel that many potential buyers will bailout and pricing maybe more attractive in the coming months?
Tornado1M

In a world of billions, I've got to believe 2200 will be identified pretty readily by BMW, regardless of the times.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      03-27-2020, 11:48 PM   #1593
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

Absolutely...considering most people would either be

A) Just lost their job
B) About to lose their job
C) Thinking they might lose their job
D) Force to take a 20-40% pay cut to remain employed
E) Just lost half of their savings in the Dow Jones or other stock exchanges and don't know if they should cut their loss or wait for a rebound
F) Want to take advantage of the market plunge, fishing for the bottom

Buying a car for self indulgence would be at the bottom of the list in the current consumer sentiment.

Just look at the luxury watch market right now. Even Rolex ADs shat themselves with people pulling out. Those VIP only models suddenly become not so hard to get anymore with buyers at the bottom of the waiting list receiving calls for a Hulk or Batman or Pepsi...

Some governments might even ban car dealerships from operating during a full lockdown phase so you might not even be able to collect your car until 3-6 months later
Appreciate 3
Poochie9099.00
Tornado1M1206.00
Madmat50.00
      03-28-2020, 08:20 AM   #1594
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:

There is a long thread on the Rennlist 992 board where many guys are discussing backing out of their 911 orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
In a world of billions, I've got to believe 2200 will be identified pretty readily by BMW, regardless of the times.
I wonder if BMW will even (be able to) make all 2200.

So while demand may decrease because of the economic downturn, supply may head in the same direction. No one can ever predict the market with certainty, but the market is especially unpredictable now. Those who want the M2 CS but don't have the money and/or an allocation, may be hoping that the car becomes more readily available, and at a discount. But those who can afford it and have an allocation may well be hoping that supply is more limited than originally planned and reported.
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      03-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #1595
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:

I agree with Karmic Man that some previously committed buyers will pull out, allowing other people who are further back, get an option to buy the M2CS.

However, I don't think there would be any discounts in terms of pricing. Let's just take US as an example. Only ~500 vehicles coming to our shores. That is a very small sliver of a "special edition" that still has more demand than supply.

Karmic Man also mentioned the watch market, mainly Rolex. Again, true that some people have been giving the opportunity to buy some hard to get models. However, it does not mean that the watches are going below retail. The Rolex Pepsi, BLNR, Daytona, etc are still selling for full pop as demand is still there.

Similarly to the M2CS market, the demand in the US far outweighs the number of allocations coming in.
Tornado1M1206.00
      03-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #1596
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:

However, I don't think there would be any discounts in terms of pricing. Let's just take US as an example. Only ~500 vehicles coming to our shores. That is a very small sliver of a "special edition" that still has more demand than supply.

Similarly to the M2CS market, the demand in the US far outweighs the number of allocations coming in.

Well said, I've been waiting for a new rose gold Presidential Day-Date Rolex to go on sale since the housing market crash in '09, it still hovers around 40k, to this day..

I predict the same will hold for the M2 CS; although it's tough economic times for a lot of consumers, there is still more than 500 Americans out there, with trust funds or deep pockets, that wants an M2 with some pizazz..
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      03-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #1597
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Going to agree with you here! Even a couple of weeks of delayed production will have a major impact on numbers. No guarantees they actually are able to produce the original 2200 worldwide.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 08:42 AM   #1598
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
There is a long thread on the Rennlist 992 board where many guys are discussing backing out of their 911 orders.

I wonder if BMW will even (be able to) make all 2200.

So while demand may decrease because of the economic downturn, supply may head in the same direction. No one can ever predict the market with certainty, but the market is especially unpredictable now. Those who want the M2 CS but don't have the money and/or an allocation, may be hoping that the car becomes more readily available, and at a discount. But those who can afford it and have an allocation may well be hoping that supply is more limited than originally planned and reported.
This for sure. I'd love to get an allocation and have only 200 sent to the US, but that's mainly because of the higher than it should be price. I don't believe BMW will adjust the pricing. As said, there are plenty of folks out there that still have the flexibility to buy. I'm hoping BMW offers some ridiculously low finance incentives like GM. Borrow money for free, lengthen repayment, and reinvest the money difference between shorter term and longer term finance. That's a win.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #1599
Mastertec
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17m240i

It would be nice to think BMW could add some incentive for people still committed to buy a CS once the delays are over. Not so much a discount but maybe a free accessory or CarPlay. It’s been an interesting ride for those all in from the get go on the CS. Just a little something for sticking it out.
My build was in June but that’s not going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #1600
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

I feel sorry for all of you that have firm CS orders in place. I think it's all just a waiting game at this point. Maybe it's time to think of plan B JIC.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #1601
Mastertec
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I feel sorry for all of you that have firm CS orders in place. I think it's all just a waiting game at this point. Maybe it's time to think of plan B JIC.
Yea how about plan C. Buy aM2c and do some fun mods. Either way we will have to wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #1602
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Yep, what would really be tragic is if they cut the whole M2C and M2CS production short. Lack of production and lack of demand could be a double whammy.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2020, 01:19 PM   #1603
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastertec View Post
It would be nice to think BMW could add some incentive for people still committed to buy a CS once the delays are over. Not so much a discount but maybe a free accessory or CarPlay. It’s been an interesting ride for those all in from the get go on the CS. Just a little something for sticking it out.
My build was in June but that’s not going to happen.
CarPlay already comes standard on the M2C and M2CS. Also, BMW announced they will not charge a monthly subscription charge for CarPlay anymore.

I just think BMW unfortunately stretched out the hype for too long and now with this crisis, even further. Around the fall, the new M3/M4 will be announced / released. And a lot of folks are going to realize they can spend the same amount for a much more capable car (new design language notwithstanding).

In addition, the new AMG A45/CLA45 looks terrific and has the performance to boot. These options definitely look more upscale than the M2s.
      03-29-2020, 02:56 PM   #1604
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
In addition, the new AMG A45/CLA45 looks terrific and has the performance to boot. These options definitely look more upscale than the M2s.
JS

Not sure why, but Mercedes has never tickled my fancy, even the AMG variants. That said, my disinterest is purely aesthetic, and I cannot say I have ever put one to the performance test. No doubt they are capable driving machines. Speaking of which . . .

I believe somewhere in this long thread we exchanged some posts about differentials. I really put the GTS torque vectoring to task today on some serious BFI ‘twisties.’ Absolutely the perfect combination of ‘slip and grip.’

I was chasing my buddy in his GT 350 – I am being kind in my use of ‘chasing.’ At any rate, I accrued some serious new front-end paint and windshield ‘war wounds’ during the festivities. To boot, when arriving back near my home, some old geezer rolled into my rear-end at a stop light. Of course, his Camry was no worse for wear, but I now have a nice rear bumper ‘scar’ to add to my collection. Felt bad for the dude and figured I would not pursue paint repair anyway, so I just bid him a ‘good day.’

Just a car, and I am trying to stock-up on good Karma during these testing times.

Stay safe brother

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 03-29-2020 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 3
Poochie9099.00
CSBM52695.50
911TT33.00
      03-29-2020, 03:04 PM   #1605
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
JS

Not sure why, but Mercedes has never tickled my fancy, even the AMG variants. That said, my disinterest is purely aesthetic, and I cannot say I have ever put one to the performance test. No doubt they are capable driving machines. Speaking of which . . .

I believe somewhere in this long thread we exchanged some posts about differentials. I really put the GTS torque vectoring to task today on some serious BFI 'twisties.' Absolutely the perfect combination of 'slip and grip.'

I was chasing my buddy in his GT 350 – I am being kind in my use of 'chasing.' At any rate, I accrued some serious new front-end paint and windshield 'war wounds' during the festivities. To boot, when arriving back near my home, some old geezer rolled into my rear-end at a stop light. Of course, his Camry was no worse for wear, but I now have a nice rear bumper 'scar' to add to my collection. Felt bad for the dude and figured I would not pursue paint repair anyway, so I just bid him a 'good day.'

Just a car, and I am trying to stock-up on good Karma during these testing times.

Stay safe brother

///AVM
Oh no! So sorry to hear what happened to your Cayman...you are definitely kind for leaving the bumper scar be. But I'm sure the person probably is appreciative not having to involve insurance, etc.

And yes, if I were to get a Porsche, PVT is a must have. I've also stated how surprising it is that so many cars are without this option. In fact, out of all 718s available nationwide, only a small handful has PVT.

Edit: out of 510 available 718 nationwide. Only 10 has PTV

Stay safe my friend and enjoy those spirited drives!
      03-31-2020, 03:02 AM   #1606
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastertec View Post
It would be nice to think BMW could add some incentive for people still committed to buy a CS once the delays are over. Not so much a discount but maybe a free accessory or CarPlay. It's been an interesting ride for those all in from the get go on the CS. Just a little something for sticking it out.
My build was in June but that's not going to happen.
CarPlay already comes standard on the M2C and M2CS. Also, BMW announced they will not charge a monthly subscription charge for CarPlay anymore.

I just think BMW unfortunately stretched out the hype for too long and now with this crisis, even further. Around the fall, the new M3/M4 will be announced / released. And a lot of folks are going to realize they can spend the same amount for a much more capable car (new design language notwithstanding).

100% this