01-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #200
PerformanceTechnic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by matma92ser View Post
Thanks! It was from a private owner.

Maybe we organize something with Performance Technic in Fremont? Meet there on a Saturday while one of us has some work done on their car?
Sorry, just noticed this post. We are happy to host a small M2 only cars and coffee if you all are up for it. We are open on Saturday's and can host 30+ cars in our private lot. Maybe we do it semi regularly through the warm months?

Let us know.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 10:01 PM   #201
HungryM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerformanceTechnic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matma92ser View Post
Thanks! It was from a private owner.

Maybe we organize something with Performance Technic in Fremont? Meet there on a Saturday while one of us has some work done on their car?
Sorry, just noticed this post. We are happy to host a small M2 only cars and coffee if you all are up for it. We are open on Saturday's and can host 30+ cars in our private lot. Maybe we do it semi regularly through the warm months?

Let us know.
Yeah! Let's do it!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #202
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

Sounds like a plan...let me know when and I'll be there if I am around....thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #203
twintiga
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

When is the first one?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 12:20 AM   #204
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

I'm in. Would be perfect for a mid maintenance oil change....
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 11:11 PM   #205
Hardcore713
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvvm3 View Post
Any recommend dealership in the bay to purchase one? Everyone's quoting me 5-10k over
They're still doing that around the Bay? I tried also around July/Aug in the bay area and same thing. Ended up flying down to SoCal to pick mine up but I had a great CA and the dealership was awesome with made the entire process a smooth one. I would try out there if you don't mind going down south. Plus you get to enjoy the drive home if you decide to buy down there and not ship it. GL!
Hi All, this went dead. Let's plan the next round up and ride. Any suggestions and dates (5/25 West Marin?)
Appreciate 1
D22M21366.50
      05-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #206
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Hey all - I'm considering a few different job opportunities, one of which would involve moving from Chicago to SF. I'm currently a city dweller in Chicago with my M2 in my building's garage but I take public transportation to work. The car is certainly a bit of a luxury but I do drive occasionally for work (if I have to go to clients' sites) and obviously to get out of the city.

Besides the obvious cost of living differences, what are some good areas of SF to look where off-street parking is common? Not being familiar with the city at all, it's pretty overwhelming to look at what the rental market is online. Trying not to be too far out of downtown so have been looking at the options in Pacific Heights, Cow Hollow, Marina, Nob Hill, etc. and once I click the search criteria for "off-street parking" the results get pretty bleak pretty quickly.

Any thoughts from locals would be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #207
das_m2
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAMackAttack View Post
Hey all - I'm considering a few different job opportunities, one of which would involve moving from Chicago to SF. I'm currently a city dweller in Chicago with my M2 in my building's garage but I take public transportation to work. The car is certainly a bit of a luxury but I do drive occasionally for work (if I have to go to clients' sites) and obviously to get out of the city.

Besides the obvious cost of living differences, what are some good areas of SF to look where off-street parking is common? Not being familiar with the city at all, it's pretty overwhelming to look at what the rental market is online. Trying not to be too far out of downtown so have been looking at the options in Pacific Heights, Cow Hollow, Marina, Nob Hill, etc. and once I click the search criteria for "off-street parking" the results get pretty bleak pretty quickly.

I live in Novato and work in SF. Off street is called door dings, bully bumpers, and break ins.

Drive a shit box to work or a motorcycle.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #208
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_m2 View Post
Quote:

I live in Novato and work in SF. Off street is called door dings, bully bumpers, and break ins.

By off street I'm referring to parking garages, normal garages, private parking. Are you saying that even with off-street parking I'm going to have those issues?

I'm just trying to figure out which desirable neighborhoods have housing with good off-street (garages, parking structures, carports, etc) parking options...
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 02:44 AM   #209
veggie
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by das_m2 View Post
Quote:

By off street I'm referring to parking garages, normal garages, private parking. Are you saying that even with off-street parking I'm going to have those issues?

I'm just trying to figure out which desirable neighborhoods have housing with good off-street (garages, parking structures, carports, etc) parking options...
I live in Mission Bay and have my own parking spot in an indoor garage. There's 3 M2s including mine in the garage You can also consider dogpatch or Potrero hill, which aren't far from downtown and there's street parking.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #210
das_m2
Private
Rep
Drives: AW M2

Quote:

If you can nab a private parking garage, do it. Mission bay, while nice in some areas, is plagued with homeless and other undesirables. You'd have better luck in the west and north sides of San Francisco. How do i know this by living in novato? Im in law enforcement.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 03:55 PM   #211
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Actually looks like there's a lot of stuff in Cow Hollow / Pac Heights / Russian Hill that have tiny one car garages included in the rent. For those of you guys who live in the city, where do you wash your cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #212
CryptoM2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Actually looks like there's a lot of stuff in Cow Hollow / Pac Heights / Russian Hill that have tiny one car garages included in the rent. For those of you guys who live in the city, where do you wash your cars?
Keatley detail @ 840 Harrison St. They also store classic cars and high end sports cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 11:37 AM   #213
HungryM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Hi guys! There are a few M2 owners getting together this weekend in Alameda. Just going to hang out and take some pretty pictures of our cars with the SF skyline in the background. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Sat Oct 5
5-7 PM
1951 Monarch St, Alameda
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:03 AM   #214
GerryM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Any interest in lower Peninsula + South Bay meet after the holidays.
E39 M5 Dinan S2
E34 M5 Dinan S1
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 03:28 AM   #215
Gusman1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryM5 View Post
Any interest in lower Peninsula + South Bay meet after the holidays.
I'm down, interested in meeting fellow local M2 owners.
      12-08-2019, 04:07 AM   #216
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Anyone planning for dec 29 Laguna with speed SF ?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 05:44 PM   #217
failuretothrive
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm down for some Bay Area meets
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #218
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Winters here and weather isn't looking so good for a Meetup.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 12:58 AM   #219
4thM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp. Alp. White

New M2 Competition

Just took delivery of my 2020 AW M2 Competition from San Rafael BMW. Had to give up my 1M but Which was difficult but I’ve enjoyed it on and off track for 96k miles and looking forward to the M2’s potential.

David
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 04:46 AM   #220
Johnsonuspp
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Congrats....Hopefully when the weather gets nice we can all meet up
Appreciate 0