BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

09-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #89
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1fortyeye View Post
Nice write-up. So some reviewers were right about better steering (and comparing it to 718)
If it's not a secret, where are you going to Slovenia?
It's my country after all.. and If I could see the car in Ljubljana it would be....
Yes we could meet up on the 4th evening. We are staying in Ljubljana. You will find the reason I am going to Slovenia on the previous page.

MR
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #90
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Yes we could meet up on the 4th evening. We are staying in Ljubljana. You will find the reason I am going to Slovenia on the previous page.

MR
Are they going to look at removing the OPF’s or include them in the design?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #91
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
Quote:

MR
They are looking at all options. As far as I am aware they have not made a decision yet... Development starts next week.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 04:09 PM   #92
M1fortyeye
Private
Rep
Drives: m140

Quote:
My guess: US are bigger market for Akrapovič. They will definitely make an exhaust for them (so without OPF). I think bigger question is if they will make road legal exhaust for Europe with OPF and within all other limits (decibel etc.)..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #93
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1fortyeye View Post
My guess: US are bigger market for Akrapovič. They will definitely make an exhaust for them (so without OPF). I think bigger question is if they will make road legal exhaust for Europe with OPF and within all other limits (decibel etc.)..
We could then just buy the US version in Europe? In the UK my car won’t be tested for emissions until it’s third birthday.... happy to run without and replace for its MOT if it means unleashing it’s full potential!
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8679.50
      09-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #94
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Are they going to look at removing the OPF's or include them in the design?
They are looking at all options. As far as I am aware they have not made a decision yet... Development starts next week.

MR
Maybe they could an option for either?

Guess you don't like HS? Why not lbb again?

Any difference with the transmission? Someone mentioned it no longer kicks you in the back when you upshift on the most aggressive setting?

What are you going to do while your car is gone for two months?

Seems like you are going all out on you car, why not do some weight savings with the wheels, brakes, battery, hood, and seats?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #95
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Are they going to look at removing the OPF's or include them in the design?

MR

Any difference with the transmission? Someone mentioned it no longer kicks you in the back when you upshift on the most aggressive setting?

Seems like you are going all out on you car, why not do some weight savings with the wheels, brakes, battery, hood, and seats?

MR: Time will tell what it will be.

MR: Don't like it, don't hate it... Mwah not the same color again. LBB = OG M2 and for the promo work the coming months is HS the best option. It is the communication colour.

MR: It doesn't, but this is nothing new. I reported it's lazy behavior in my "review". I need to double check this when my car is driven in, since I never had it with the manual maybe DCT is different.

MR: Work my butt off, built some LEGO kits, drive my MINI, plan the rest of the development & tuning, and wait until they are done in Slovenia.

MR: Weight savings will arrive. Check page 1 of this topic and all the info I have now is shared. I want to shed 50+ kg minimum. Lets see if I can do more
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 01:23 AM   #96
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

I am sure he has a lot of exciting cars to drive in the mean time.

M5 for one.

He was selling his 911.2 GT3 not too long ago...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 01:31 AM   #97
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Is it too soon to say yet if you regret switching to M2C or if you’re happy with the purchase?
      09-23-2018, 01:35 AM   #98
Alec02
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: M2C SO MT

Cool 👍

Don’t forget my interest in Akrapovic then, when I first started the car in the dealer’s garage, it was clearly the issue I felt immediately - exhaust is... weakness for me.

I will see more from Wednesday, I will finally have it...
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 01:58 AM   #99
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:

I am sure he has a lot of exciting cars to drive in the mean time.

M5 for one.

He was selling his 911.2 GT3 not too long ago...
lol driving Shmee's cars? The M5 left the garage about 1.5 months ago and the GT3 is also gone.

Not many options available, only the MINI in my garage. Although I might be able to borrow a Performante.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 02:08 AM   #100
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Is it too soon to say yet if you regret switching to M2C or if you're happy with the purchase?
Yes, but I can already say to you that it is a better car, but is it also that much better that I can say it is worth the extra cash...

I need to find out by driving one back to back with a M2 if it is a good decision I made. The basis for tuning is by far the best BMW has ever made over the last 10 years. No doubt about that.

For me there is only one issue, it is the fact I need to spend more time and cash to make it one of the best cars BMW could have made, then I initially had anticipated. All the emission shit and the detune is just crap.

All in all, looking at the current values of the OG M2 they are a lot of car for the money right now and if I would have known what I know now I might not have bought a M2C but instead maybe get Tim's GT3 on a finance deal and get a smaller daily like i30N or a 140i.

This is all wisdom based on info I have now... For now I have a M2C in my garage and heavily tuned track themed MINI. That is gonna be the line-up for next year, so let's tune...

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 04:16 AM   #101
Balaazs
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Congrats on the delivery and huge thanks for taking the initiative towards Akrapovic. I am eagerly waiting for any developments. Please ask them to think about throttle response as well besides exhaust sound when designing the new system. (Although I am sure you did.)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #102
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaazs View Post
Congrats on the delivery and huge thanks for taking the initiative towards Akrapovic. I am eagerly waiting for any developments. Please ask them to think about throttle response as well besides exhaust sound when designing the new system. (Although I am sure you did.)
Akrapovic is the one exhaust manufacturer I know that takes 8 weeks to develop an exhaust with pre-work done over the last three months, and another 2 to 3 months I think to bring the system to the market. I think they will be looking at everything

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 12:18 AM   #103
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yesterday I managed to hit 1000 km during my trip to Berlin while running in the car... You all might know what that means if you have stretches of unlimited Autobahn in front of you.

I decided to do a number of full throttle spurts from 70/80 kmh in 3rd and 4th to 170 kmh shifting at around 5000 rpm. I ran through the different modes and the outcome of my tests was .

I did the tests since my car is going to Akrapovic next week and this would have been the last time on summer tires in Germany before the end of the year and March next year when I swap back to summers on the new BBS wheels. I would therefore not drive this set up anymore on the highway any time soon.

The outcome is not positive. Even though that the ASD is not as loud as in the OG M2 (in all modes!), it is still there and masks any outside noise. I have not heard my exhaust in the cabin yet, not one time... No burbles or anything. Instead I hear the dump valve / wastegate release noise in front of me when I release the throttle at lower revs with the radio off. I kid you not... ASD masks it all! The sound of my EU spec M2C is horrible, what a disgrace.

Now lets move to the engine and gearbox combo. The set up is a fail in my opinion. Throttle response in efficient (Yes, efficient not comfort) and Sport is not good enough. In Sport plus it is decent in lower speeds and lower gears, but as soon as you are in a gear too high it is pretty crap. Overall, it has a lazy behavior all around. Same as I experienced on the press trip in the manual. Same shit, different toilet.

The gearbox has hardly any feedback on throttle loaded shifts. On full throttle and shifts at 5K rpm the shifts are so seamless I feel like I am driving a McLaren or a Nissan GT R. Epic if you have a Supercar with a decent speed potential, but this is pretty rubbish.

The problem is now that since there is no sound whatsoever on full throttle, no interesting gearbox feedback and no engagement you focus on how fast or shall I say how slow the M2C is. You are like it is fast, but mwah this is not really fast. Speed climbed nicely and the engine wants to rev but the experience is one of the most boring I have ever had in a M product.

If it is seamless than it needs to be lightning fast, if it is not lightning fast then it needs to be engaging. The M2C is neither of this and therefore it is in my opinion pretty damn boring in this spec. Yes, the handling is better and it steers better, but I am talking about the engine, gearbox and exhaust combo.

I am pretty much stunned how crap it is. Never thought it would be this bad in the DCT, but it is horrible. This car needs a massive tune, exhaust and maybe even downpipes to make it engaging to drive. Right now it feels immensely linear, seamless and all the engine/shifting fun we had in the OG M2 and the ferocious behavior from the M4 is completely gone.

Damn it

MR
Appreciate 1
krizze924.00
      09-25-2018, 12:48 AM   #104
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Yesterday I managed to hit 1000 km during my trip to Berlin while running in the car... You all might know what that means if you have stretches of unlimited Autobahn in front of you.

I decided to do a number of full throttle spurts from 70/80 kmh in 3rd and 4th to 170 kmh shifting at around 5000 rpm. I ran through the different modes and the outcome of my tests was .

I did the tests since my car is going to Akrapovic next week and this would have been the last time on summer tires in Germany before the end of the year and March next year when I swap back to summers on the new BBS wheels. I would therefore not drive this set up anymore on the highway any time soon.

The outcome is not positive. Even though that the ASD is not as loud as in the OG M2 (in all modes!), it is still there and masks any outside noise. I have not heard my exhaust in the cabin yet, not one time... No burbles or anything. Instead I hear the dump valve / wastegate release noise in front of me when I release the throttle at lower revs with the radio off. I kid you not... ASD masks it all! The sound of my EU spec M2C is horrible, what a disgrace.

Now lets move to the engine and gearbox combo. The set up is a fail in my opinion. Throttle response in efficient (Yes, efficient not comfort) and Sport is not good enough. In Sport plus it is decent in lower speeds and lower gears, but as soon as you are in a gear too high it is pretty crap. Overall, it has a lazy behavior all around. Same as I experienced on the press trip in the manual. Same shit, different toilet.

The gearbox has hardly any feedback on throttle loaded shifts. On full throttle and shifts at 5K rpm the shifts are so seamless I feel like I am driving a McLaren or a Nissan GT R. Epic if you have a Supercar with a decent speed potential, but this is pretty rubbish.

The problem is now that since there is no sound whatsoever on full throttle, no interesting gearbox feedback and no engagement you focus on how fast or shall I say how slow the M2C is. You are like it is fast, but mwah this is not really fast. Speed climbed nicely and the engine wants to rev but the experience is one of the most boring I have ever had in a M product.

If it is seamless than it needs to be lightning fast, if it is not lightning fast then it needs to be engaging. The M2C is neither of this and therefore it is in my opinion pretty damn boring in this spec. Yes, the handling is better and it steers better, but I am talking about the engine, gearbox and exhaust combo.

I am pretty much stunned how crap it is. Never thought it would be this bad in the DCT, but it is horrible. This car needs a massive tune, exhaust and maybe even downpipes to make it engaging to drive. Right now it feels immensely linear, seamless and all the engine/shifting fun we had in the OG M2 and the ferocious behavior from the M4 is completely gone.

Damn it

MR
Damn that sucks

Just remove the OPFs and flash it with the CS engine tune, CS/GTS DCT tune and it's good to go
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 12:53 AM   #105
Glounk
First Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: M2 6mt MG

I am sure it will get better with your future tunes!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #106
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:

Damn it

MR
In more positive news, Señor Marc has now handed the car over to me so I'm going to drive it to it's run in service on Thursday and then over the weekend I will do a a full B2B with my modded OG M2, be it modded I haven't touched the engine except for a sport cat from akrapovic so the test should be relatively fair... I've driven it for 45 minutes this morning, and initial reaction is ..... it feels like it's lost it's DNA....

But I won't say anymore, I will write a full review with no bias on Sunday evening

Thanks

Kris.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:45 AM   #107
Craig335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d Shadow Edition Xdrive

I’m not sure why you even bought such a terrible car, you hated it after your initial drive but still went ahead. It’s almost like you have an ulterior motive / agenda...

If it’s actually as bad as you make out (and I don’t believe it is, as there are tabloid amounts of massive over-exaggeration in the way you write), then surely no amount of modding will sort it.
You’ll also have no real comparison to before and after, you’ve only carried out 700 miles, not revved above 5k, not had the run-in service and not turned the cabin noise off.
A better, more relevant, comparison for me would be on a car that has done these things, gathered a few thousand miles, settled down and then made some tweaks.

Personal opinion is that the noise from footage of EU cars from behind is just fine, I don’t go in for the look at me, look at me shouty exhaust system any more and I personally wouldn’t have a car like this in anything but manual so your main issues aren’t issues I’ll likely have.

However I will still be very interested to see how this plays out and if you are stunned at how crap your modifications or if it will then become the perfect car that BMW should have produced and you can come on here, promote the modifications and receive adulation.
I have a prediction about how this will end............

Last edited by Craig335d; 09-25-2018 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 8
mikeahso411.50
Shekels89.50
Davil6333.50
Robin_NL8679.50
M-Pilot4859.00
crvz83.00
TProfit81.50
      09-25-2018, 01:49 AM   #108
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
Quote:

Damn it

MR
Damn that sucks

Just remove the OPFs and flash it with the CS engine tune, CS/GTS DCT tune and it's good to go
Oh yes there is animal somewhere in that thing...

Only point is that it is now wearing a restraining jacket while also having its mouth tapped.

Let's throw time and money at it and it will be mental, but my oh my it is crap out of the box. It is the M2 Conservative, not Competition.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 01:51 AM   #109
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

Only point is that it is now wearing a restraining jacket while also having its mouth tapped.

Let's through time and money at it and it will be mental, but my oh my it is crap out of the box. It is the M2 Conservative, not Competition.

MR
Was your OG M2 stock? Did you plan on keeping the M2C stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 02:07 AM   #110
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Quote:

Let's through time and money at it and it will be mental, but my oh my it is crap out of the box. It is the M2 Conservative, not Competition.

MR
Was your OG M2 stock? Did you plan on keeping the M2C stock?
My OG M2 had an exhaust and sports down pipe among a bunch of smaller visual stuff, but in my profession I have driven numerous stock OG M2's and tuned ones.

My intention was to tune the M2 further but the M2C came, so I decided to move the tuning project to that car. If you take a look at post 1 of this topic you can see what I am planning to fit.

My main problem is that I have to do more and spend more to make it decent and proper. That is just crap.

MR
Appreciate 0