GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M2C rear suspension: “the Elixir of Motoring” according to Chris Harris

05-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #23
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squareznboxez View Post
Ah yes you're right, the other factor despite the close curb-weights is the shorter wheel base of the M2, which i think for most people will more than compensate for the weight disadvantage.

Regarding the weight dist. you also have to consider the center of gravity where i would speculate the M4 would a lower value due to the carbon roof and trunk.

It is a very nicely specced car when you consider the shorter dimensions and flared body work, S55 motor and improved 6sp manual, suspension and 6/4pot brakes, m3/4 seats. It's probably better value over a base M4 to many fans.
I love the CF roof on my M4 but the way I look at it is only for cosmetic purposes. The difference 10-12lbs savings can make is just negligible. Also, you can get CF roof and trunk (or even CF hood and fenders too) with the M2 as well starting from November. Of course, you have to be ready to empty your wallet for all that stuff...
Appreciate 1
chris7197535.00
      05-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #24
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
I love the CF roof on my M4 but the way I look at it is only for cosmetic purposes. The difference 10-12lbs savings can make is just negligible. Also, you can get CF roof and trunk (or even CF hood and fenders too) with the M2 as well starting from November. Of course, you have to be ready to empty your wallet for all that stuff...
Anyone else skeptical of the CF roof coming from the factory after the first few months.....?

At a cost, but I think it is coming.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 09:54 PM   #25
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Anyone else skeptical of the CF roof coming from the factory after the first few months.....?

At a cost, but I think it is coming.
They announced the roof as part of their M Performance lineup and AFAIK, no M Performance part is installed at the factory. Therefore I have zero hope for a factory installed CF roof. It may happen for a future model though (CS/L).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:09 PM   #26
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
They announced the roof as part of their M Performance lineup and AFAIK, no M Performance part is installed at the factory. Therefore I have zero hope for a factory installed CF roof. It may happen for a future model though (CS/L).
If they do a more limited model with a CF roof they will install at factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #27
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
If they do a more limited model with a CF roof they will install at factory.
Yes, that's what I meant by my last sentence implying CS/L.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #28
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
If the CSL ends up just being the M2C with Mperf parts pre installed, that would be a little underwhelming. It better be unique if they are bringing that badge back from the dead.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:34 AM   #29
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
If the CSL ends up just being the M2C with Mperf parts pre installed, that would be a little underwhelming. It better be unique if they are bringing that badge back from the dead.
I don't even think we'll see M2 CSL in this generation but I'm just being cautious so far SCOTT26 mentioned couple times that he believes the first CSL we'll see will be the M4. My guess is BMW will announce an M2 CS in the near future (before F87 EOP) with all or some of the M performance parts, lighter wheel, lithium battery etc. to reduce the weight down to OG M2 level while giving it a 10-20hp power bump over M2C. I also think the price tag will be in the high 80s and the production being fairly limited (~2000). If M2 CSL ever comes, it would probably receive much more than just some lightweight M performance parts. A nice power bump (~440-450hp), a hardcore suspension, more aggressive aero, CCB etc. M4 GTS is a good example IMO (in terms of its parts, not its success )

Last edited by M-Pilot; 05-23-2018 at 12:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 12:34 AM   #30
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Oh, they will throw a "tune" on it too! Maybe even another current 2 series color! If you're really lucky, CF drive shaft
Appreciate 0