BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > If the M2 Competition becomes the new base M2, how bad will the hype be???

09-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

If the M2 Competition becomes the new base M2, how bad will the hype be???

What's one more thread on the subject...

All signs are pointing to the possibility that the 2019 M2 Competition will become the new base M2 for 2019.

I am betting that the hype will far exceed the initial release of the M2. As such, the market will adjust accordingly with markups and uber long wait list. My guess is it'll be a minimum of 2 years before the M2 Comp market mirrors the current market for the M2. It took until MY18 before it was relatively easy to find an allocation at MSRP or less.

My LCI arrives in a month and I am not cancelling my allocation. I will enjoy my LCI for 2 years or until I can walk into a dealership and get an allocation for the comp at MSRP. Chances are though I'll be shopping for a P-car at that point.

So for those that are cancelling their LCI orders, is it worth the risk/wait/markup? Anyone have other thoughts on supply and demand?

Last edited by importriders; 09-29-2017 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 11:57 AM   #2
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If the information we have received is true, by the time 2 years rolls around (if you are waiting for that) the F87 will probably be nearing the end of its production run. The situation looks similar to the 1M where it was hard to get for the whole life cycle & retains its value very well. The N55 M2 is still relatively low in production numbers so it will retain its value decently as well; although probably not as well as the S55 M2 will, and it will probably drop a bit in value as the M2 Competition rolls out but then will plateau/recover.

It would be prudent get on the waiting list now (or ideally already have been on it for a while) if you want the M2 Comp (CS?) at all.

To answer your thread title, the hype will likely be incredibly strong for the M2 Competition!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #3
mike in o.c.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 M / 2018 X3 M40i

I won't cancel my order. My car arrives at port in two weeks. It's just enough car for me at a good price. The M2 Comp will be priced out of my reach so I'm glad to get a "base." I hope BMW doesn't do away with the base model.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in o.c. View Post
I hope BMW doesn't do away with the base model.
It won't.
Appreciate 0