BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition: production, order dates, engine specs & more (pre-launch info)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #727
akkando
Brigadier General
2367
Rep
3,220
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 LBB DCT
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I was looking to have either an M2 or the CS by March/April of 2018... after the salt washes away.

-If i get the M2, I can have the car in March. I am going to look into replacing the hood and possibly the roof with something a bit more aggressive and a few other Carbon Fiber bits. Most likely will do the Dinan S2 package. So, for 15k I will have @ 440hp and 450tq, as well as some aggressive looks, upgraded suspension, better cooling/breathing, and the Mineral Grey I want.
-If i wait for CS, I may have it by May? September? So, for 10-20k over stock M2 It probably will have the aggressive look, 410 hp and +450tq, upgraded suspension, better cooling, but not the Mineral Grey i want.

Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
Well do you have it in writing you will pay MSRP no less no more?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 11:51 PM   #728
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
United_States
7339
Rep
11,334
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I was looking to have either an M2 or the CS by March/April of 2018... after the salt washes away.

-If i get the M2, I can have the car in March. I am going to look into replacing the hood and possibly the roof with something a bit more aggressive and a few other Carbon Fiber bits. Most likely will do the Dinan S2 package. So, for 15k I will have @ 440hp and 450tq, as well as some aggressive looks, upgraded suspension, better cooling/breathing, and the Mineral Grey I want.
-If i wait for CS, I may have it by May? September? So, for 10-20k over stock M2 It probably will have the aggressive look, 410 hp and +450tq, upgraded suspension, better cooling, but not the Mineral Grey i want.

Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
Well do you have it in writing you will pay MSRP no less no more?
Writing schmiting ... seriously. This is an individual dealer situation. Some dealers are reputable and honest. Most are out for a buck.

All they have to do is place a MARKET ADJUSTMENT tag on it bigger than the wallet of ' guy that thinks he is #1 '. Or the owner will purchase it... or any number of things.

The key here is.. unless you know the people at the dealership and how they do business .. it's a crapshoot.
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #729
mtoosexy
Lieutenant
319
Rep
469
Posts

Drives: It like I stole It
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoosexy View Post
I was looking to have either an M2 or the CS by March/April of 2018... after the salt washes away.

-If i get the M2, I can have the car in March. I am going to look into replacing the hood and possibly the roof with something a bit more aggressive and a few other Carbon Fiber bits. Most likely will do the Dinan S2 package. So, for 15k I will have @ 440hp and 450tq, as well as some aggressive looks, upgraded suspension, better cooling/breathing, and the Mineral Grey I want.
-If i wait for CS, I may have it by May? September? So, for 10-20k over stock M2 It probably will have the aggressive look, 410 hp and +450tq, upgraded suspension, better cooling, but not the Mineral Grey i want.

Did i just talk myself into the 2018 LCI with Dinan S2 and carbon fiber parts? I am quite afraid of the dealership's part in all of this. I am not a long-time bmw buyer. I dont have a pedigree in my garage. While i am technically #1 at my dealership for CS, Will they sell to me as a first time BMW owner?() Will they sell one to me without a massive mark-up?(not likely) I would hate to pass up on the M2 in march, only to wait til May-Aug-October? to find out i have no chance at a CS.
Well do you have it in writing you will pay MSRP no less no more?
yes I do have it in writing but it was due to a competitor dealership offering the same vehicle at MSRP. So I'm guessing I would have to be able to show I could get CS at another dealership for MSRP... If that makes any sense.
__________________
RS4 guy turning to the "DARKSIDE"?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #730
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
1178
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Can anyone look at all the test mule videos and photos that we have so far and venture a guess on the tires that are being used. The cup tires on the M4 CS seem to look a little different from the ones we've seen in all the videos and photos.

Also in the 1:51 video, the car was sliding pretty badly in the wet which could mean that they are using some sort of summer tire.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #731
N54
Private First Class
88
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Can anyone look at all the test mule videos and photos that we have so far and venture a guess on the tires that are being used. The cup tires on the M4 CS seem to look a little different from the ones we've seen in all the videos and photos.

Also in the 1:51 video, the car was sliding pretty badly in the wet which could mean that they are using some sort of summer tire.
Took this two weeks ago at M test centre

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 06:51 AM   #732
JustChris
Lieutenant General
JustChris's Avatar
United Kingdom
7076
Rep
16,060
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
It's almost the end of the year and no M4 CS deliveries or pricing information...:

Not feeling optimistic that this M2 CS will arrive in a timely manner.
Which year...? BMW sales year, sorry not being sarcastic, for me start of September is nowhere near the end of the calendar year...1/3 still to go Set, Oct, Nov & Dec??
__________________
History - M3CP / RRS / M2 / MINI JCW / X5M50D / 335D / M4 / M235I / 520D / X5 / X1 / 520D / 335D / 330i
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 08:10 AM   #733
as7920
Colonel
as7920's Avatar
United Kingdom
327
Rep
2,144
Posts

Drives: MG M2 LCI DCT
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
It's almost the end of the year and no M4 CS deliveries or pricing information...:

Not feeling optimistic that this M2 CS will arrive in a timely manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Which year...? BMW sales year, sorry not being sarcastic, for me start of September is nowhere near the end of the calendar year...1/3 still to go Set, Oct, Nov & Dec??
Indeed. Orders books are expected to be open from January 2018 so there's still plenty of time. Production likely to start from March 2018 with first deliveries in May 2018.

This is exactly the timeline for the 1M. That wasn't fully revealed until late December 2010 with teasers from September 2010 IIRC.

Appeared at the Detroit auto show in January 2011.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #734
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
1178
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Took this two weeks ago at M test centre

It's hard to make out what those tires are.

Wait, where are the rest of those pictures ?.
You seem to have been able to get really close to the car. What else did you notice or find out.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #735
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
9186
Rep
8,889
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
It's hard to make out what those tires are.
Those are no Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

Maybe Michelin Pilot Sport 3 ?
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #736
N54
Private First Class
88
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
It's hard to make out what those tires are.

Wait, where are the rest of those pictures ?.
You seem to have been able to get really close to the car. What else did you notice or find out.
It was parked right next to the fence in their compound.
I walked along hatzenbachstrasse and was right next to it.
Didn't notice much really, the covers / camo was doing its job.
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #737
medphysdave
First Lieutenant
United_States
203
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
It was parked right next to the fence in their compound.
I walked along hatzenbachstrasse and was right next to it.
Didn't notice much really, the covers / camo was doing its job.
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
Any closeups of the calipers? You had to get more photos then that.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #738
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
1178
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
It was parked right next to the fence in their compound.
I walked along hatzenbachstrasse and was right next to it.
Didn't notice much really, the covers / camo was doing its job.
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.

Can you please post the rest of the pictures that you took of the car. Brakes, interior, rear. Everything you have basically.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #739
ChrisK
Major General
ChrisK's Avatar
United_States
3262
Rep
6,944
Posts

Drives: '19 M2C
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland (West)

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
It was parked right next to the fence in their compound.
I walked along hatzenbachstrasse and was right next to it.
Didn't notice much really, the covers / camo was doing its job.
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
How about the seats?
__________________
www.ReTuneTheDeTune.com
2019 M2 Competition (Sunset Orange)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #740
medphysdave
First Lieutenant
United_States
203
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.

Can you please post the rest of the pictures that you took of the car. Brakes, interior, rear. Everything you have basically.
I wondered if they are going to a one piece front clip. The hommage concept has fenders and front clip molded into one piece. That's a bit extreme for this car, but just the front clip with integrated aero??? Not as complex as adjustable GTS splitter.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #741
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
1178
Rep
1,269
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I wondered if they are going to a one piece front clip. The hommage concept has fenders and front clip molded into one piece. That's a bit extreme for this car, but just the front clip with integrated aero??? Not as complex as adjustable GTS splitter.
I believe the base M2 already has a one piece front clip. No way they're gonna give us the hommage concept no matter how much we wish for it.

I just think that the whole front bumper is being camouflaged since that part might be changing with bigger air intakes or something and maybe it's standard procedure to camouflage the whole part and not just the portion that is changing.

Also, the M2 LCI had the same camo in it's spyshots. We all know that nothing changed on that car. It could be the same with the CS as well. Everyone's anticipating a big change and BMW just gives us the exact same bumper as on the base M2. That will be a surprise.

Last edited by Gatte; 09-05-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #742
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
9186
Rep
8,889
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.
Here's my guess.

It has been confirmed in Summer 2016 that "an M2 model is testing a new aerodynamic aid similar to this".

So, if the M2 CS is supposed to get a bolted-on or integrated 'splitter' (front lip ŕ la BMW GT6 Vision Concept) for aerodynamics and design reasons...







Name:  BMW_GT6_VC_Front.jpg
Views: 2928
Size:  52.0 KB

...then maybe these four 'warts' (neither available, nor necessary, for the flat-nosed base M2) could also be considered worthwhile for some visual assistance when parking the car (worth hiding under camouflage for the moment) ?

Name:  M4_CS_Front.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  547.0 KB

For the record: the BMW GT6 Vision Concept:





__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #743
N54
Private First Class
88
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I do wonder why BMW has Camo on the upper part of the front bumper. Not sure what could be changing there since nothing changed on the M4 CS.

Can you please post the rest of the pictures that you took of the car. Brakes, interior, rear. Everything you have basically.
This is all I've got
You couldn't walk around the car
I could have walked into the compound but don't think that would have gone down too well


Appreciate 4
Gatte1178.00
Artemis9186.00

      09-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #744
Chapman1977
Private
11
Rep
77
Posts

Drives: 1M Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

For the record: the BMW GT6 Vision Concept:
[PICTURES]
Wow - that is one sexy project car.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #745
N54
Private First Class
88
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
How about the seats?
Couldn't see them clearly but looked like had covers on
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:49 PM   #746
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
9186
Rep
8,889
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

As if a base M2 was kicked 'a fat lip' (pun intended).

To my eyes, this whole chunky plastic camouflage construction is just a mask bolted on the front end to hide a splitter / front lip (and maybe also front PDC).

Otherwise said: by bolting-on that mask, the splitter is less obvious.

Name:  M2_CS_Testmule.jpg
Views: 3622
Size:  250.5 KB
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #747
medphysdave
First Lieutenant
United_States
203
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

I think the integrated splitter makes sense. It's the only area on the front that looks to be changing besides air inlets, and goes along with Scott26 comment about less complexity.

Now just add the ducktail, and call it a day.

Edit:. An integrated splitter would also separate it as slightly "cheaper" when compared to m4 CS since it wouldn't be CF.

Last edited by medphysdave; 09-05-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #748
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
9186
Rep
8,889
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Couldn't see if it was manual or auto but from the gear changes on the videos I think it's DCT.
Paddles next to the steering wheel = M-DCT for this test mule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54 View Post
Couldn't see them [seats] clearly but looked like had covers on
Seats got covers = this test mule likely features different seats than those of the base M2.

Name:  M2_CS_Testmule_2.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  70.9 KB
__________________
“For ’tis the mind that makes the body rich” (W. Shakespeare, The Taming of the Shrew, Act 4, Scene 3)
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST