BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > M2 @ Thermal Performance Center, all colors...

03-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #23
jusblazeee_f22
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockM235
i thought the Black sapphire stole the show personely. if your ordering one of these cars everyone and there mom is going AW and LB, id take the Black and stay exclusive. I felt that the driving part of the day was amazing but classroom time fell kinda flat. it felt like they were explaining more how to use this car as a flip tool for people to get into M4's and M235's
Absolutely agree black was by far the meanest looking, i think the best part of class was hearing the P1 rippin the track right next to the room lol.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #24
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusblazeee_f22
Quote:
i thought the Black sapphire stole the show personely. if your ordering one of these cars everyone and there mom is going AW and LB, id take the Black and stay exclusive. I felt that the driving part of the day was amazing but classroom time fell kinda flat. it felt like they were explaining more how to use this car as a flip tool for people to get into M4's and M235's
Absolutely agree black was by far the meanest looking, i think the best part of class was hearing the P1 rippin the track right next to the room lol.
Good to know!
I was torn between black and white. I haven't even seen the car in person but it looks like BSM was the right way to go.
      03-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #25
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Azul para siempre...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 12:50 PM   #26
Bosozoku
Almost completely sane
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2, '00 S2000

Side note: the cars at Thermal have different license plate numbers, but at the Laguna press event they all had the same number.
'17 BMW M2 (BSM 6MT Exec CarPlay, TechnicPnP ASD bypass, IND M Perf shift knob + keyhole cover, Pedal Haus pedals + heel plate, 3M CR90 tint, BavSound Ghost woofers, Racing Dynamics strut tower brace, Dinan midpipe, Turner intercooler)
'00 Honda S2000 (Silverstone Metallic, black leather, factory titanium shift knob + front lip + trunk spoiler, front shock tower brace, front subframe x-brace)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 01:59 PM   #27
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
LOL! It's not my fault Ole boy has no taste! Bazinga!
Lol Sheldon, he does have good taste! He stated LBB would be one of his first choices, booyah!
Haha yea the white wasnt looking mean enough for my liking :
I actually got to see many of the cars while I was in La Quinta that week. My order would be
1- BSM
2- LBB (haven't lived this in pics but in person looked gooooooood)
3- MG
4- Alpine
Appreciate 3
      03-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #28
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed on the black, Wish I would have been in the event to see/hear the P1 doing what it is supposed to, every time I see one in putting around LA at 5 mph
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #29
jcoop269
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 e82 n52

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxsk8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
LOL! It's not my fault Ole boy has no taste! Bazinga!
Lol Sheldon, he does have good taste! He stated LBB would be one of his first choices, booyah!
Haha yea the white wasnt looking mean enough for my liking :
I actually got to see many of the cars while I was in La Quinta that week. My order would be
1- BSM
2- LBB (haven't lived this in pics but in person looked gooooooood)
3- MG
4- Alpine
Agreed! My dealer has an LBB on the floor and it looks amazing in person BUT if I were to order one, BSM all the way!
Appreciate 2
      03-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #30
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

All lookin' really really good
      03-24-2016, 09:35 PM   #31
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Only problem is...they all have NJ plates.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #32
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [10.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
That front tag looks really awkward.

I'm really surprised BMW hasn't bought an address just south in Delaware to register cars for events so they don't have to be required for front tags.
      03-25-2016, 10:10 AM   #33
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Crappy color choices. Totally bland.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #34
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07 View Post
Good to know!
I was torn between black and white. I haven't even seen the car in person but it looks like BSM was the right way to go.
My first allocation is tentatively LBB but seeing as I've bought the BSM and actually sat in it...my god the black is utterly amazing in person. Look at those hips!!!

Appreciate 3
      03-25-2016, 09:56 PM   #35
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing
Quote:
Good to know!
My first allocation is tentatively LBB but seeing as I've bought the BSM and actually sat in it...my god the black is utterly amazing in person. Look at those hips!!!

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...pso5aa6o80.jpg[/IMG]
I finally saw the lbb tonight at the auto show. It was next to a gray m235 and honestly I wasn't impressed in a way. I hope the black is everything I thought it would be. And why is the gas tank cover round and enormous?! I'm committed at this point so.
      03-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #36
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
I finally saw the lbb tonight at the auto show. It was next to a gray m235 and honestly I wasn't impressed in a way. I hope the black is everything I thought it would be. And why is the gas tank cover round and enormous?! I'm committed at this point so.
What didn't you like? The color or the car as a whole?
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 05:57 AM   #37
F87LUV
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
Well, there were so many people tooling around the car that you couldn't really step back to take it all in. The color isn't bad per se but then as walk around, you see Toyota Prius' on the same color which is a bit off putting. It really made the gray 235 look good. Lol. I think MG is going to look awesome. I just didn't see THAT much of a difference to the 235 but again so many factors between people, the cars weren't exactly side by side and colors etc. I was so distracted by the LBB that just couldn't stand there and say i love but this is a package deal and I'm certain once I'm driving it, I will be all . I know a lot of people ordered LBB (don't hate me). Also, I wasn't a fan of the wicker garden furniture cf trim.
      03-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #38
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Too bad you could not take a side by side photo of all 4 colors M2!

I am sure your tried!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 11:46 PM   #39
csbear
Major
Rep
Drives: SO M2C

Quote:
The color isn't bad per se but then as walk around, you see Toyota Prius' on the same color which is a bit off putting.
I am pretty sure there are grey Prius' out there. As well as every other car ever made in existence...

Kidding aside, LBB is a divisive color, I agree... But I like the crazy colors personally!

When I was at the auto show, I really liked the looks of the LBB M2, and actually felt bored looking at the white ZCP M3 next to it. Oh man that M3 with the black interior was so f'in boring to behold.. A handsome car, but they really were taking the conservative approach there, trying to satisfy the masses. Hate to say it since I am considering the M3 as a secondary option, but it is a tame looking car in stock form. Oh well, that's your typical sedan for you....

Last edited by csbear; 03-26-2016 at 11:54 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #40
bmoreM
Registered
Rep
Drives: LexusCT200h

going to possibly take into account contrasting colors with CF mods for hood and trun

(i would be choosing between BSM and LBB only)
does anyone have plans to eventually replace the hood (and trunk lid, among other bits) with CF?

i am considering it seriously, that is if they become available from the usual reputable bmw 3rd party vendors. if that is the case, I would lean more towards LBB (over MBS) so that the dark CF contrasts with the LBB side panels and roof. No, I won't be shooting for a CF roof due to the anticipated expense with that- for me, it would be mainly the hood and trunk lid, along with eventual spoilers and front lip, as well as side skirts as they become available (hopefully)

more importantly, since BMW opted not to offer a CF roof, i'm hoping that a CF hood and lid would at least make up for some of the weight gain penalty incurred by having no CF roof for the M2
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #41
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Quote:
Well, there were so many people tooling around the car that you couldn't really step back to take it all in. The color isn't bad per se but then as walk around, you see Toyota Prius' on the same color which is a bit off putting. It really made the gray 235 look good. Lol. I think MG is going to look awesome. I just didn't see THAT much of a difference to the 235 but again so many factors between people, the cars weren't exactly side by side and colors etc. I was so distracted by the LBB that just couldn't stand there and say i love but this is a package deal and I'm certain once I'm driving it, I will be all . I know a lot of people ordered LBB (don't hate me). Also, I wasn't a fan of the wicker garden furniture cf trim.

I personally love black and MG on this car without even seeing them. I am sure that they will be rather rare and covered in time.

Agree with you that LBB is BMWs version of fad blue for cars right now.
Appreciate 1